A Classic Playlist in the Autumn Update?!?

Right now in the community there are really two different types of people in the Halo Community: the new; the people who love Halo 5 for what it is, and live with it’s flaws; and the old; the people who love the other Halos, and want a return to the classic style of game. I am not taking sides. One is not better than the other. It is just a fact that there are these two groups.

But what if we could bring both groups to the same game, in one, easy, PERMANENT, playlist. This of course is a classic playlist. And it could be coming to the autumn update.

A classic playlist is very easy to make. There are so many videos on youtube that say how to make a classic game mode, or you could look at the file browser. All 343 has to collect these playlists and put them in a PERMANENT playlist. Boom. Hundreds come back from the MCC to Halo 5. New players learn about the old Halos. We can all finally get along. With one simple playlist. Please 343. Listen. Make more and more permanent playlists, including classic ones. We love this game, and has hard as we criticize it, that’s only because we want it to succeed. Thanks you anyone who reads this. Leave a comment so this can skyrocket to the top forums so everyone can get behind this idea. Let’s make 343 notice us.

Thank you.

-Garruk47

What defines a ‘classic’ playlist, exactly. Speaking for myself, from the camp of those who have only played H4 and H5 multiplayer. It is Slayer with specific restrictions, or does it have more to do with maps?

> 2533274991662925;1:
> Right now in the community there are really two different types of people in the Halo Community: the new; the people who love Halo 5 for what it is, and live with it’s flaws; and the old; the people who love the other Halos, and want a return to the classic style of game. I am not taking sides. One is not better than the other. It is just a fact that there are these two groups.

I’ve been playing Halo since CE and am content with Halo 5’s mechanics (aside from spawning/matching.) Which group do I fit in?

Also Which Halo are you planning on basing your classic playlist on? They all played differently.

If there was any classic playlist that I would use, it would definitely be the evolved settings for MM.

> 2533274844346441;2:
> What defines a ‘classic’ playlist, exactly. Speaking for myself, from the camp of those who have only played H4 and H5 multiplayer. It is Slayer with specific restrictions, or does it have more to do with maps?

It’s more to do with simple movement without any spartan abilities.

> 2533274844346441;2:
> What defines a ‘classic’ playlist, exactly. Speaking for myself, from the camp of those who have only played H4 and H5 multiplayer. It is Slayer with specific restrictions, or does it have more to do with maps?

What I mean is a Playlist with sprint and other spartan abilities removed, as well as slight modifications to movement speed.

Generally “classic” playlist have had low pops after a few months, or it did in previous Halo games

> 2533274991662925;6:
> > 2533274844346441;2:
> > What defines a ‘classic’ playlist, exactly. Speaking for myself, from the camp of those who have only played H4 and H5 multiplayer. It is Slayer with specific restrictions, or does it have more to do with maps?
>
>
> What I mean is a Playlist with sprint and other spartan abilities removed, as well as slight modifications to movement speed.

Like an increase in base speed to adjust for wider maps, or maps that are adjusted for one movement speed?

> 2533274844346441;8:
> > 2533274991662925;6:
> > > 2533274844346441;2:
> > > What defines a ‘classic’ playlist, exactly. Speaking for myself, from the camp of those who have only played H4 and H5 multiplayer. It is Slayer with specific restrictions, or does it have more to do with maps?
> >
> >
> > What I mean is a Playlist with sprint and other spartan abilities removed, as well as slight modifications to movement speed.
>
>
> Like an increase in base speed to adjust for wider maps, or maps that are adjusted for one movement speed?

You would up base movement speed. Scaling of the maps wouldn’t have to change at all.
Little side note I like Halo 5 and past Halos, so where does that put me?

Halo 5 is classic enough but a single playlist couldn’t hurt for those that want a no radar and no sprint. Though im confused about the radar not being classic.

i hate what halo 5 is, compared to previous halos that made great changes and halo 5 reverted to a classic style. Making it a dull game I play not because I love the game but simply the fact I own it and it’s not worth the change I’d get for selling it.

> 2533274844346441;2:

This is the best classic playlist creation I have seen. I would vote for this style.

Lazy Link

> 2533274848011469;9:
> > 2533274844346441;8:
> > > 2533274991662925;6:
> > > > 2533274844346441;2:
> > > > What defines a ‘classic’ playlist, exactly. Speaking for myself, from the camp of those who have only played H4 and H5 multiplayer. It is Slayer with specific restrictions, or does it have more to do with maps?
> > >
> > >
> > > What I mean is a Playlist with sprint and other spartan abilities removed, as well as slight modifications to movement speed.
> >
> >
> > Like an increase in base speed to adjust for wider maps, or maps that are adjusted for one movement speed?
>
>
> You would up base movement speed. Scaling of the maps wouldn’t have to change at all.
> Little side note I like Halo 5 and past Halos, so where does that put me?

As a die-hard fan, bro!

> 2533274968707582;4:
> If there was any classic playlist that I would use, it would definitely be the evolved settings for MM.

/\ /\ /\ This a thousand times only decent classic playlist I’ve seen.All the other either use the h5 br(so much aim assist and bullet mag,which is compounded by no thruster)or the h2 br(which is lol easy to use).

I’d love it. 343 would probably butcher it though with really terrible settings.

Something like no SAS, no sprint, default movement speed and h2 BR starts or something equally terrible.

> 2533274968707582;4:
> If there was any classic playlist that I would use, it would definitely be the evolved settings for MM.

These settings are pretty good. Not a huge fan of the pistol with the movement speed up so high though. It really amplifies the game’s aiming issues to an uncomfortable level.

> 2535426262519166;14:
> I’d love it. 343 would probably butcher it though with really terrible settings.
>
> Something like no SAS, no sprint, default movement speed and h2 BR starts or something equally terrible.

And they’d use the same maps that are in non classic :confused:

> 2535426262519166;14:
> I’d love it. 343 would probably butcher it though with really terrible settings.
>
> Something like no SAS, no sprint, default movement speed and h2 BR starts or something equally terrible.

Yeah maybe but still maybe they thought everyone would like the game. But that doesn’t seem to be the case. But yeah they might not make it as good as the earlier halo’s.

I played old Halos when they were new Halos and like Halo 5, frequently more than the previous iterations. Does that make me a third type of person or not a person at all?

I think “classic” means different things for all generations of this game. You should just say you want a simpler version of the current game. Remove all the abilities, and play as is.

By classic you mean ACTION SACK!!!
(loud whooping)