A Clarification

Actually what I wanted to say is that personally, I’d like to play a future Halo game that does not include sprint. I’ve been defending sprint a lot in the forums but I agree that it can take a lot away from the gameplay. Maybe this is just a byproduct of the developer change, but old Halo maps (the “classics”) were a lot more creative (Haven was still a lot of fun). Not being able to sprint in no way makes a bad game.

On the other hand, I really enjoy the new features brought into Halo 5 that incorporate sprint. It can also add a lot to the gameplay: a fair trade. Therefore I don’t want sprint to be taken out in Halo 5 (it won’t anyway). I like where it is going. But I wouldn’t mind seeing it gone in the next game

343 will never make a Halo game without sprint. This is the sad reality.

Sprint can be perfectly fine if it is balanced correctly. Maps will not be impacted.

How:
-Players must gain speed when beggining sprint.
-Players must go through an animation where the spartan brings the weapon back up to his/her shoulder after the player is done sprinting.
-Shields are confirmed to not recharge during sprint.

These changes will force players to be smart about when they use sprint. They will be, objectively, weaker offensively and defensively compared to a non sprinting spartan.

This will allow 343i to create smaller maps like in Halo 3 while also giving them the freedom to create other, more open maps like in Halo 4.

edit: Id like to make a point though. Sprint is the biggest issue because it is one of the only issues. It’s impact was exaggerated in Halo 4. It shows a lot that something so small is such a big deal.

Sounds like 343i is doing a good job.

Yes, I agree that it’s balanced. That’s why I really don’t have a problem with it

This is the most mild, thought out sprint thread I’ve seen yet. Congrats! And yes, I also like the way sprint has been balanced.

> 2533274913936758;2:
> 343 will never make a Halo game without sprint. This is the sad reality.

That has not been proven, there are so many reasons why they might ditch sprint, but in all reality, we have no proof either way. (I am not on either side of the sprint argument, just a guy stating facts.)

> 2533274886246836;1:
> Actually what I wanted to say is that personally, I’d like to play a future Halo game that does not include sprint. I’ve been defending sprint a lot in the forums but I agree that it can take a lot away from the gameplay. Maybe this is just a byproduct of the developer change, but old Halo maps (the “classics”) were a lot more creative (Haven was still a lot of fun). Not being able to sprint in no way makes a bad game.
>
> On the other hand, I really enjoy the new features brought into Halo 5 that incorporate sprint. It can also add a lot to the gameplay: a fair trade. Therefore I don’t want sprint to be taken out in Halo 5 (it won’t anyway). I like where it is going. But I wouldn’t mind seeing it gone in the next game

Well thought out, not a complete rant, states your thoughts on both sides, well done. I support you.

> 2533274913936758;2:
> 343 will never make a Halo game without sprint. This is the sad reality.

Yep. sigh

> 2533274930134283;3:
> Sprint can be perfectly fine if it is balanced correctly. Maps will not be impacted.
>
> How:
> -Players must gain speed when beggining sprint.
> -Players must go through an animation where the spartan brings the weapon back up to his/her shoulder after the player is done sprinting.
> -Shields are confirmed to not recharge during sprint.
>
> These changes will force players to be smart about when they use sprint. They will be, objectively, weaker offensively and defensively compared to a non sprinting spartan.
>
> This will allow 343i to create smaller maps like in Halo 3 while also giving them the freedom to create other, more open maps like in Halo 4.
>
> edit: Id like to make a point though. Sprint is the biggest issue because it is one of the only issues. It’s impact was exaggerated in Halo 4. It shows a lot that something so small is such a big deal.
>
> Sounds like 343i is doing a good job.

I like how you think,