A Clan System would be incredible.

I honestly believe that an updated reimplementation of the Clan System from Halo 2 would be incredibly beneficial for future Halo projects. By having a clan system, players can instantly find other people to party with in matchmaking and custom games. This will help the following people: players who do not have a lot of Xbox Live friends, players that do not have friends that play this genre of games, players whose friends have not yet picked up the Xbox: One.

It is difficult to add strangers to your friendlist. You have to rely on other sources, such as forum boards in order to find people who like to play the same type of games. A clan system would be amazing in connecting likeminded people to play together. For example, I can start a clan group titled “FFA Clan,” everybody that I add to this clan will join because they want to play custom free-for-all games and FFA matchmaking playlists. I am no longer forced to relying on external sources to finding games, I now would be allow to create an entire network of games within the Halo client itself. Also, some players may be hesitant to exchange friendlist spots with strangers, due to privacy issues. With a clan, you no longer have to worry about strangers sending you messages while you are playing other games.

The inclusion of clans can also add to the experience of events that 343 like to add. For example, we may receive a notification ingame that says, “Come play Halo 5 on June 15, if you and other clan members participate, you can receive X game rewards for your clan.”

I do not know the reasoning behind why Halo 3, Reach, and Halo 4 excluded the clan feature. I can say pretty confidently that Halo 5 will sell extraordinarily well and will be the next-gen exclusive title. I can also say, that including clans will only help aiding player retention in the long run.

I am interested in hearing what everyone else thinks!

Yeah i don’t know why the other games didn’t have a clan system either, but i miss it man. It needs to come back.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a clan system.

A clan system with clan indicators would make it a whole lot easier to see if you’re going up against a full team and back out.

> A clan system with clan indicators would make it a whole lot easier to see if you’re going up against a full team and back out.

Lol I thought your comment was edited by a moderator…

> A clan system with clan indicators would make it a whole lot easier to see if you’re going up against a full team and back out.

I’m meaning the clan system that existed in Halo 2. There were no brackets for clans or anything, i.e. [CLAN]. It was basically another friends list that you can access with people in the Halo client and it also allows for customization.