A change that could make the carbine useful

I think that the carbine might be useful if it were the only weapon to knock you out of scope. Not after the first shot, but after two or three shots, it would knock the target into normal view. This could make it more of a utility weapon and make it a response to snipers.

That would most certainly make it OP. I wouldn’t use any other weapon if it did that.

Based on the Carbine’s higher ROF, I think that they should make it more accurate but have a slightly higher time-to-kill, both relative to the BR. The BR is the Carbine’s competition in terms of role–DMR and LR compete for the medium-long to long-range role.

The Carbine is fine

I’d rather see de-scope be brought back for all weapons.

The Carbine is already quite useful in Halo 4. A change such as this would make it OP.

What…? Am I reading a Thread saying that the Carbine is useless…?

The Carbine is in no way useless, it may very well be the best precision weapon in the game (Even with it’s low range). It requires skill and patience to use it effectively.

ALL weapons should knock out of scope, but that won’t be happening in this game.

Carbine is fine as is. Possibly the best precision in the right hands.

The carbine is already useful, I use it all the time.

I can has carbine kilz.

> That would most certainly make it OP. I wouldn’t use any other weapon if it did that.
>
> Based on the Carbine’s higher ROF, <mark>I think that they should make it more accurate</mark> but have a slightly higher time-to-kill, both relative to the BR. The BR is the Carbine’s competition in terms of role–DMR and LR compete for the medium-long to long-range role.

The Carbine’s accuracy was increased when the weapon tuning update went live.

OP, have you used the carbine since the TU? I started using it about a week ago, and I must say, it kicks the crap out of most short-medium range weapons (including the BR, assuming you know how to use it)! In playlists with a lot of medium range combat like CTF and Dominion, it totally dominates other weapons.

The Carbine does not need a buff; one just has know how and when to use it.