A challenge change slayer players would love

As a primarily solo-que player in matchmaking, I’ve had a love/ hate relationship with MCC’s “objective medal” focused challenges, and I think they should be adjusted for Infinite.

I love the fun of CTF, Assault, and KotH/Zone control game modes when you can “feel” it’s two teams comprised similar parties matching against each other. (4 solos vs 4 solos, 3+1 vs 3+1, 4 person party vs 4 person party, etc)

I freaking HATE when you can obviously tell you got 4 solo que players vs a full party (or a 3+1). It sucks, it’s very rarely fun to ANY degree, and doesn’t really give you much insight into how to get better when being completely blown out by a full party.

I think Protector, Guardian Angel, and Last Strike medals should all count towards completion of 'Earn x objective medals" challenges.

There are still challenges that can be used as “objective game only” challenges. Specific examples that come to mind would be “complete x non-slayer games” and “win x non-slayer games.” That doesn’t even count challenges with very specific requirements like “capture x flags”. These slayer medals are just rare enough that you usually only get 1-4 per game too, which is about equal to the number of medals you get that count towards the challenges during, for example, CTF games

Tldr: “Objective medal” challenges should include slayer- specific medals as well. There are still many other challenges that exist that could only be completed in non- slayer games, so this doesn’t detract from challenges that focus on game types like CTF and Assault.

Modern games have found a way to combat the party system as the MMR rank of the party will be lower than the combined MMR ranks of the individuals. Doesn’t always pan out but I’ve found solo queueing is nowhere near as bad as it used to be in most games now.

> 2533274801036271;2:
> Modern games have found a way to combat the party system as the MMR rank of the party will be lower than the combined MMR ranks of the individuals. Doesn’t always pan out but I’ve found solo queueing is nowhere near as bad as it used to be in most games now.

That sounds great if the mode you’re playing in has a good population. It completely falls apart if a mode’s popularity starts to slide.

I also don’t think we should assume other games solutions will be implemented, as those solutions haven’t been confirmed (even hinted at) for MCC or Infinite.

Relying on a matchmaking system/high playlist population isn’t really a solution, I think giving players an alternative that doesn’t really take anything away from anyone would make more sense.