A brand new halo 4 help topic!

Here’s my problem: I want to play Halo 4 on someone else’s console and unlock all the stuff you get if you beat it on legendary. But this person’s xbox has only 4 GBs on it, and he wants to delete the data saved on the console once we’re done playing (to preserve space). My question: can I unlock everything on legendary, delete all the halo 4 data on the console, and still keep the stuff I unlocked? Another way to phrase this is to ask if the halo 4 data is saved on a network or if it all kept on the console…
Thank you for any helpful replies.
-Nitro

Once you unlock the necessary commendations you’ve unlocked the armor. The commendations are displayed here on Waypoint, so I think it could work, but I’m not certain.

I thought the Master Chief armor, the emblem, and the visor we’re unlocked after you completed the campaign on legendary. I had no idea commendations were even a part of campaign.

> I thought the Master Chief armor, the emblem, and the visor we’re unlocked after you completed the campaign on legendary. I had no idea commendations were even a part of campaign.

You get all those for completing the campaign on legendary, but the game keeps track of your legendary progress through commendations.

I believe it’s in the player section when you’re viewing commendations, it shows which missions you’ve completed on Legendary, and which you have yet to complete.

> > I thought the Master Chief armor, the emblem, and the visor we’re unlocked after you completed the campaign on legendary. I had no idea commendations were even a part of campaign.
>
> You get all those for completing the campaign on legendary, but the game keeps track of your legendary progress through commendations.
>
> I believe it’s in the player section when you’re viewing commendations, it shows which missions you’ve completed on Legendary, and which you have yet to complete.

Is that saved on a network on directly onto the console? Or is the data on the network gathered from the console where it was saved?

> > > I thought the Master Chief armor, the emblem, and the visor we’re unlocked after you completed the campaign on legendary. I had no idea commendations were even a part of campaign.
> >
> > You get all those for completing the campaign on legendary, but the game keeps track of your legendary progress through commendations.
> >
> > I believe it’s in the player section when you’re viewing commendations, it shows which missions you’ve completed on Legendary, and which you have yet to complete.
>
> Is that saved on a network on directly onto the console? Or is the data on the network gathered from the console where it was saved?

Seeing as how you can’t get the armor offline, I’d say it’s saved on a network. Just keep in mind I’m not sure myself what will happen, but if you have your account saved on a different console with enough memory it should carry over.

If you complete the game on Legendary and unlock the armor and visor you have it, no matter on whose console.

Thanks, this answers my question.

live is required for commendations, so even if you beat the campaign on legendary once before (liek me) you don’t get the MK VI unless you’re on xbox live to recieve the commendations from waypoint. but yes, the data doesn’t get saved to the xbox so you’ll have it wherever you go. however, on cases like the corbulo emblem or the fotus armor, you can access them only when you’re on a console that has them downloaded. this is ari’s xbox, i presume?