A bit of Common Sense

I am here to try to point out some relevant points that will hopefully stop the rants and promote more of a “let’s wait and see mode”
Let’s begin:

1. We as a community (casual and competitive alike) need to really think about all the energy being wasted ranting about something we don’t fully understand (eg. Limited information, a couple of screenshots etc.) but its good to have optimistic and pessimistic views but not to the point as if you played the game and hate it.

2. A lot of us love halo 1-3, and there is a generally accepted amount of us who enjoy reach. A lot of the community is afraid of what H4 will become because of the changes made to the Halo franchise. It’s clear that a lot of people enjoy halo in its base form H1-h2, and will even accept equipment H3, but reach a lot may say was bad or horrible because of its lack of a 1-50 ranking system and too much changes to a series we’ve all grown accustomed too.

3. To base H4 off of Reach is humanely understandable, but our distaste for Reach should not decide what H4 is as a whole. We don’t know what to expect as of yet lets only speculate, not instigate.

Truth: In reality 343 has internal play testers and for the most part has the game done. The rants and baseless topics that talk about the inclusion of features that have already been scrapped are irrelevant.
343i will not entertain rants or dislikes of features because simply the game isn’t out yet. A more knowledgeable approach would be to wait for more info, discuss what we discover, and wait for the game to be released. Once the game is out, then if you feel the same negativity you felt hearing these features then you have every right to bash the living mess out of H4.
For now let’s stay attentive, be hopeful and when it is released play the game. 343i will acknowledge our positive and negative reactions once they give us their product, and if there is anything that really needs changing there is always an update they can release.
Hey the least we can do is hope this is a success.
Discuss.

nice words of wisdom. However, i dont think the community will ever settle down.

> I am here to try to point out some relevant points that will hopefully stop the rants and promote more of a “let’s wait and see mode”
> Let’s begin:
>
> 1) We as a community (casual and competitive alike) need to really think about all the energy being wasted ranting about something we don’t fully understand (eg. Limited information, a couple of screenshots etc.) but its good to have optimistic and pessimistic views but not to the point as if you played the game and hate it.
>
> 2) A lot of us love halo 1-3, and there is a generally accepted amount of us who enjoy reach. A lot of the community is afraid of what H4 will become because of the changes made to the Halo franchise. It’s clear that a lot of people enjoy halo in its base form H1-h2, and will even accept equipment H3, but reach a lot may say was bad or horrible because of its lack of a 1-50 ranking system and too much changes to a series we’ve all grown accustomed too.
>
> 3) To base H4 off of Reach is humanely understandable, but our distaste for Reach should not decide what H4 is as a whole. We don’t know what to expect as of yet lets only speculate, not instigate.
>
> Truth: In reality 343 has internal play testers and for the most part has the game done. The rants and baseless topics that talk about the inclusion of features that have already been scrapped are irrelevant.
> 343i will not entertain rants or dislikes of features because simply the game isn’t out yet. A more knowledgeable approach would be to wait for more info, discuss what we discover, and wait for the game to be released. Once the game is out, then if you feel the same negativity you felt hearing these features then you have every right to bash the living mess out of H4.
> For now let’s stay attentive, be hopeful and when it is released play the game. 343i will acknowledge our positive and negative reactions once they give us their product, and if there is anything that really needs changing there is always an update they can release.
> Hey the least we can do is hope this is a success.
> Discuss.

You made some pretty decent points, and they all make sense.

And guys, if you think that they have ruined Halo, it’s your opinion. The game is done, like said above, and 343i WILL NOT put in anything you rant about, and so on.

fatman528: Although the community will not settle down, it should. They should not be ranting, it’s like every time a new game is released, or introduced–there is ‘always’ something wrong IMMEDIATELY. People need to calm down and wait for more info.

I mean seriously, why do people do that?

:>

I’m going to ask that this forum be disbanded because ANYTHING involving common sense has NO PLACE on Waypoint.

The fact you even use the term here…It’s like taking the pure soul of a new-born baby and tossing it into the fiery, tortured pits of hell and/or Fox News.

In all seriousness, I don’t think you’ll really change anyone’s mind. I hope that you do, but there are a few other topics like this one and people STILL be trollin’ dat Halo 4.

I know but I just wanted to give a sensible look at how to approach expressing one’s opinion, there is a time and place for everything you know.

> I know but I just wanted to give a sensible look at how to approach expressing one’s opinion, there is a time and place for everything you know.

You’re right. That place might very well be on Waypoint.
If it is, I doubt the time will be until Halo 4 comes out, then everyone can pass fair judgement on it and see if they like it.

…Or just come on here and start 1000s of angry forums and posts about what a monster it is… Which really wont be a problem, as I suspect most of the Halo 4 supporting community will be to busy PNLB to get on here for at least a little time.

Ultimately seeing post after post of practically the same thing(just reworded) doesn’t help change the game, at least not yet