A better way to get feedback from Halo players

People often say that all feedback from Halo players is going to be skewed because of the percentage of players who actively contribute in forums and such. And that different community hubs have different preferences to others. In that case, why not cut out a lot of the process of data gathering by polling players in-game, to give a better idea of what actual playing Halo players want or at least like and dislike. You don’t need to force it on people, just have a simple ten question survey in the MOTD popup saying “Hey, take part in this quick survey and receive a free REQ pack, or press B to skip”. I feel that would be a much better insight into the views and preferences of the average Halo player. And of course a little incentive wouldn’t hurt in getting a few more players to participate. Not only would it be an interesting pool of data for the developers, but it might also change the way other people see the game and the community.

Just a thought.

P.S. Obviously it would be a rating or multiple choice survey. I hope nobody thought I actually meant typing out answers :stuck_out_tongue:

I like that idea a lot. Very simple way to get more player’s feedback, which is something any company hoping to please it’s audience should want.

Also maybe something like “join the HCFP to share your feedback about Halo” should be more prominent in-game, too

> 2533274904158628;3:
> Also maybe something like “join the HCFP to share your feedback about Halo” should be more prominent in-game, too

An animated “HCFP member” emblem would be cool :smiley:

> 2533274870717152;4:
> An animated “HCFP member” emblem would be cool :smiley:

Yes! I love my Librarian emblem, but I bet most of the random people I encounter in matchmaking probably don’t know where I got it from

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Good ideas , like it a lot. Also sometimes I think criticism is not properly dealt with on these forums. Threads are locked instantly or comments hidden too readily, criticism is sometimes the best way to affect change.

> 2533274904158628;5:
> > 2533274870717152;4:
> > An animated “HCFP member” emblem would be cool :smiley:
>
> Yes! I love my Librarian emblem, but I bet most of the random people I encounter in matchmaking probably don’t know where I got it from

Yeah, most people dont even know what it is. Animating it would make it way cooler…and probably make more people give feedback.

Not a bad idea, but people like me who hate the direction 343 are taking halo in aren’t playing halo 5 guardians anymore, and trust me, there is ALOT of people.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.</mark>

Well either the players are not on the forums or… the players who are active, play alot and can contribute more feedback are banned from the forums. Alot of players i know are banned so they cant post feedbacks.
I understand if you temp ban for a few months but to perma ban them ? This kind of action is helping in improving and increasing the feedback and population of the forums.

Just my 2 cents

> 2535440861388495;9:
>

A lot of the people I’ve seen with banned accounts of locked threads have deserved it. There are threads simply dedicated to complaining about 343 and Halo in general, using bad language and massive amounts of bait, almost like they want it to be locked. And then some of them will openly admit to using Smurf accounts and such.

I know it’s a little late for Halo 5 now, but it’s a good idea to implement in Halo 6, when that comes. A feedback Multiple choice survey, and an enticing reward at the end of it. I think that’ll be fine. I would genuinely answer it, but for people who don’t want to, they can easily skip it, just like a Message Of The Day.

> 2535473388643231;6:
>

> 2535440861388495;9:
>

From what I’ve seen, mods only lock threads when they’re not conducive to a civil discussion, or duplicate topics to reduce clutter. Any criticism of 343 is allowed on these forums as long as it’s stated in a constructive manner. I’ve seen plenty of threads get locked where it’s obvious that some kid had a bad experience in the game and ran to the forums to vent their anger, breaking forum rules while doing so, but I’ve never seen a thread that seemed like it got locked because they are censoring criticism.

> 2533274869460738;8:
> Not a bad idea, but people like me who hate the direction 343 are taking halo in aren’t playing halo 5 guardians anymore, and trust me, there is ALOT of people.

Unfortunately that’s true but there’s not much 343 can do to reach those people.

> 2533274869460738;8:
> Not a bad idea, but people like me who hate the direction 343 are taking halo in aren’t playing halo 5 guardians anymore, and trust me, there is ALOT of people.

True, it couldn’t be the be-all-and-end-all of feedback, but it would be a more accurate portrayal of the active Halo community than the forums and the subreddit. The MCC also has a MOTD, putting this in there would also reach out to a few more players. Although of course anything MCC related is wishful thinking to say the least…

> 2533274904158628;11:
> > 2535473388643231;6:
> >
>
>
>
> > 2535440861388495;9:
> >
>
> From what I’ve seen, mods only lock threads when they’re not conducive to a civil discussion, or duplicate topics to reduce clutter. Any criticism of 343 is allowed on these forums as long as it’s stated in a constructive manner. I’ve seen plenty of threads get locked where it’s obvious that some kid had a bad experience in the game and ran to the forums to vent their anger, breaking forum rules while doing so, but I’ve never seen a thread that seemed like it got locked because they are censoring criticism.
>
>
> > 2533274869460738;8:
> > Not a bad idea, but people like me who hate the direction 343 are taking halo in aren’t playing halo 5 guardians anymore, and trust me, there is ALOT of people.
>
> Unfortunately that’s true but there’s not much 343 can do to reach those people.

Perhaps using some of the big perdonaltites on YouTube to spread the word would help, but a survey is 100% NEEDED for halo atm

It’s an interesting idea, but you would still have a self-selecting portion of the population if you did do that. Certain groups of people are still more likely to take time out of there day to answer a survey, some will do so just for the rewards and this may not put in significant effort, and the some players will probably just dismiss the survey as they only wanted to play a match or two. That method may reach a wider group, but it’s hard to tell how much wider.

<mark>As a reminder discussion of moderation is against forum rules. PM one of us if you have issues.</mark>

sounds like a good idea but maybe not in some pop up form that will eventually get annoying. they would need a separate area on the menu that says “community feedback” or something with a survey that changes every other week

At the very least, they should encourage more players to join Waypoint by advertising it during the Halo 6 beta.

An in game survey only goes so far and most tend to be restricted on the feedback that one can give I.E. you can’t write out an essay most of the time. It’s why I myself prefer the official forums for any game.

a survey also won’t reach out to those who no longer play or didn’t even have the interest in it and their feedback is as important in order to retain players and to grow.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.</mark>

> 2533274904158628;11:
> > 2535473388643231;6:
> >
>
>
>
> > 2535440861388495;9:
> > Well either the players are not on the forums or… the players who are active, play alot and can contribute more feedback are banned from the forums. Alot of players i know are banned so they cant post feedbacks.
> > I understand if you temp ban for a few months but to perma ban them ? This kind of action is helping in improving and increasing the feedback and population of the forums.
> >
> > Just my 2 cents
>
> From what I’ve seen, mods only lock threads when they’re not conducive to a civil discussion, or duplicate topics to reduce clutter. Any criticism of 343 is allowed on these forums as long as it’s stated in a constructive manner. I’ve seen plenty of threads get locked where it’s obvious that some kid had a bad experience in the game and ran to the forums to vent their anger, breaking forum rules while doing so, but I’ve never seen a thread that seemed like it got locked because they are censoring criticism.
>
>
> > 2533274869460738;8:
> > Not a bad idea, but people like me who hate the direction 343 are taking halo in aren’t playing halo 5 guardians anymore, and trust me, there is ALOT of people.
>
> Unfortunately that’s true but there’s not much 343 can do to reach those people.

Well my comment has been moderated, it’s just an opinion. Apparently one I’m not allowed to express . And 343 can reach those people by simply keeping the core essence of future games faithful to halo , not COD not destiny nor any other game weather this be game mechanics, art styles , level design , campaign design , master chief as main protagonist ( quite simple really ) expand on the formula that has made this franchise so popular, not redesign all aspects to make the game completely different .

> 2535473388643231;18:
>

This comment is exactly the same in tone and fault as the one that got ‘moderated’, maybe just stop making remarks to the mod’s jobs? As for the topic, I think it’s the push to hyper-competition that’s forcing Halo players away currently. Halo 5 is just SO sweaty compared to any other Halo game. Unless I play Warzone or BTB on a smurf account (which obviously I don’t) I can’t just sit back and enjoy a casual game of Halo 5, listen to music and have a drink. I have to give it my undivided attention at all times if I hope to win. It’s a game, for fun. Why can’t I just have that?

> 2533274849069111;19:
> > 2535473388643231;18:
> >
>
> This comment is exactly the same in tone and fault as the one that got ‘moderated’, maybe just stop making remarks to the mod’s jobs? As for the topic, I think it’s the push to hyper-competition that’s forcing Halo players away currently. Halo 5 is just SO sweaty compared to any other Halo game. Unless I play Warzone or BTB on a smurf account (which obviously I don’t) I can’t just sit back and enjoy a casual game of Halo 5, listen to music and have a drink. I have to give it my undivided attention at all times if I hope to win. It’s a game, for fun. Why can’t I just have that?

You can sit back and relax, ignore the loss.

“I think it’s the push to hyper-competition that’s forcing Halo players away currently. Halo 5 is just SO sweaty compared to any other Halo game.” this is something I see on any game forum out there with multiplayer. “Destiny is catering to MLG tryhards”, or overwatch, or gears, etc etc. you won’t play a game casually if you don’t toss the mindset away that you have to play hard. It’s a mindset that is an issue with the player more so than the game. I play music and “relax” quite a bit with most multiplayer games and I don’t care if I lose or If the other team curb stomps me. A game is only competitive and lax as the player makes it, and when you introduce any pvp scenario most players are out to win it, relaxing tends to be for the non pvp focused games. I mean 343 could toss ranks, stats everything and it still wouldn’t stop me from trying to win if I wanted to.