85% Bloom on Auto Weapons. Good Idea?

Anyone who’s played the playlists with the Title Update know already that automatic weapons are incredibly underpowered and useless against the precision weapons. Dmr’s bloom much less making headshots much more easier and much more accurate and less up to spamming “randomness” so to speak. Needle Rifles literally have no bloom at all unless shot rapidly the split second after it is reloaded where the bloom resets.

I realize that many here wish this as an intentional and permanent solution to the apparently hated but traditional AR/Magnum start combo. However, many of you may be like me who simply think this combo makes sense and should be able to at least fight off or overpower the main precision weapons in their specific areas. (close range combat)

So I propose adding 85% bloom to the automatic weapons. True, it doesn’t add any real change in damage that the AR and PR could definitely use. However, it does limit the area that the weapons achieve their maximum bloom which is reasonably large due to being tuned to Vanilla Reach gameplay. But this isn’t vanilla Reach gameplay. This is the so wanted title update and I believe that it should contribute not only to the fans of old style “skill based” Halo, but to the fans of the autos and the strength they should have.

Like I said, it would limit the maximum area the weapon would bloom which would allow the weapon to be fired at its highest rate of fire at much more reasonable ranges and would allow the weapons such as the PR and AR to stand a change in close quarters with the DMR.

Not really a good idea. Would make them stronger and players would need to worry less about bloom. The AR has 100% accurcay on the first few shots before the bloom expansion allows them to miss. Lowering the bloom would allow more accurate shots regardless of aim and would need to worry less about how high the bloom expands.

> Not really a good idea. Would make them stronger and players would need to worry less about bloom. The AR has 100% accurcay on the first few shots before the bloom expansion allows them to miss. Lowering the bloom would allow more accurate shots regardless of aim and would need to worry less about how high the bloom expands.

If it works just like the DMR bloom then it’ll simply expand at the same rate, but have a much smaller radius at which the bloom expands to. It would give the same need to not fire at full auto at certain ranges, but at its intended ranges of close-mid it would be accurate enough to stand a chance.

Maybe they could buff the damage, or you know not break the sandbox with tu in the first place.

> Maybe they could buff the damage, or you know not break the sandbox with tu in the first place.

I don’t like the tu update much either, but with some adjustments like the one I’m proposing then maybe it can be nice to play for those of us that like to play Vanilla Reach.

> > Maybe they could buff the damage, or you know not break the sandbox with tu in the first place.
>
> I don’t like the tu update much either, but with some adjustments like the one I’m proposing then maybe it can be nice to play for those of us that like to play Vanilla Reach.

I feel the same way, but there are other options and tweaks we can explore without needing an update. It’s just that so many MLG wannabes, tryhards, and exploiting players don’t want to hear it because it goes against their own agenda.

Reducing bloom on the AR wouldnt buff its power at its intended range though, it would just extend that range slightly. What needed to happen imo is the DMR to be made less effective inside the AR/PR etc close quarter range. The pistol was meant to the the close-medium headshot weapon. Instead we got the 85% spam the trigger all you like for an auto-headshot DMR.

> Reducing bloom on the AR wouldnt buff its power at its intended range though, it would just extend that range slightly. What needed to happen imo is the DMR to be made less effective inside the AR/PR etc close quarter range. The pistol was meant to the the close-medium headshot weapon. Instead we got the 85% spam the trigger all you like for an auto-headshot DMR.

I know what your saying and I agree with it wholeheartedly. But I’m saying if that doesn’t happen and if the title update is indeed what must be adapted to, then this might be a logical change.

But also it would mean full auto would be much more accurate at close range. As it stands now the AR and PR go full bloom fairly fast and the bloom seems so large that at full auto, one must be at point blank range for the rifles to affect the individual with all of its shots as the bloom expands outside of the person’s body hit range,

85% bloom on the rifles would limit this so that ever shot hits the individuals at much better ranges giving the rifles more effectiveness and versatility.

But there’s a reason that this thread starts with a question. So I can see what everyone’s opinions are.

> > > Maybe they could buff the damage, or you know not break the sandbox with tu in the first place.
> >
> > I don’t like the tu update much either, but with some adjustments like the one I’m proposing then maybe it can be nice to play for those of us that like to play Vanilla Reach.
>
> I feel the same way, but there are other options and tweaks we can explore without needing an update. It’s just that so many MLG wannabes, tryhards, and exploiting players don’t want to hear it because it goes against their own agenda.

In some ways it is, and I understand those people’s ploys, but this is indeed a new Halo game and it should be different as such.

> > > > Maybe they could buff the damage, or you know not break the sandbox with tu in the first place.
> > >
> > > I don’t like the tu update much either, but with some adjustments like the one I’m proposing then maybe it can be nice to play for those of us that like to play Vanilla Reach.
> >
> > I feel the same way, but there are other options and tweaks we can explore without needing an update. It’s just that so many MLG wannabes, tryhards, and exploiting players don’t want to hear it because it goes against their own agenda.
>
> In some ways it is, and I understand those people’s ploys, but this is indeed a new Halo game and it should be different as such.

I still say, that every week in the beta playlist they create a new gametype that is just regular gametypes but with the options tweaked. This will draw back in players who want to try something new and they can get feedback to see what would work in the regular playlists. Rather then just listening the loudest players and implement DMR only options to every playlist.

You know, regardless on your views on the AR, it’s STILL being used by a large part of the playerbase in Reach. Not even TU/Anniversary settings can stop people from using them, regardless if it “breaks” the sandbox. I’ll be honest; when i want to derp or at really close range, i get a surprising amount of kills with AR/Repeater but dat bullet magnetism makes me feel less skillful about my plays.

Then again, the Automatics function nicely in their niche IMO and shouldn’t be able to beat the DMR outside of that. Don’t know why some expect it to do that, it’s why you continue to die online :confused:

Or i can be an -Yoink- and tell you to adapt and use the DMR/NR so you don’t get owned online. That particular street works both ways :stuck_out_tongue:

> dat bullet magnetism makes me feel less skillful about my plays.

Try using them at medium range and then try at long ranges. Some of my most favourite kills have been at those ranges, like the time I killed a jetpacking player across the opposite side of Swordbase and the time I killed someone spamming the DMR at me on Hemmorhage from the center while he was on the cliff.

> Then again, the Automatics function nicely in their niche IMO and shouldn’t be able to beat the DMR outside of that.

No they shouldnt be able to beat a DMR at its own range (mediumish-long), and they dont. But apparently its ok for the DMR to come in and destroy everything at close-medium range where the automatics are supposed to shine, because 343i agrees with the tryhards that Reach should be a one gun game, and everyone celebrates this by calling it the holy utility weapon ಠ_ಠ

Its also indicated by DMR starts in every half-serious slayer hopper, even on maps like countdown for christ sake. You can easily reach out and touch someone with the pistol across the entire length of that map, but no, its DMRs at dawn. There are even vestigial DMR pickups on that map because it doesnt seem to me like 343i has thought this thing through.

This, in contrast to other developers which are trying to move away from the one gun mentality. Like Epic, who took specific steps to reduce shotgun dominance for gears 3 and specifically told complaining tryhards on twitter to deal with it, because they have millions of other customers to which they have an obligation to provide diverse and above all FUN gameplay.

> Like Epic, who took specific steps to reduce shotgun dominance for gears 3 and specifically told complaining tryhards on twitter to deal with it, because they have millions of other customers to which they have an obligation to provide diverse and above all FUN gameplay.

Whats sad is that it didn’t really work, the Gnasher still dominates mainly due to the excessive amounts of cover and rolling/running that allows them to easily close the distance and one-shot all rifle users.

But the funny thing is the Double Barrelled Shotgun became even more OP then that Gnasher and they all started complaining about it. I’m just sitting here thinking, “This is what every rifle user has felt for the last three games…” and they just don’t get it.

and here’s something even more funny, in Gears 3 I’ve been learning how to use rifles and how to pace my shots with those weapons that when the gametype “This is my Rifle” (no shotgun spawns) appeared I would dominate all those gametypes. In regular Deathmatch, I would average the same as everybody else, with people on the top of the board having like, 10 kills at least. When the “Rifles only” gametype came up I regularly had 30 kills and 30 downs in my games. Because while I had been learning how to use the rifles everybody else had been doing nothing but rushing forward and blind firing those shotguns, so when a new gametype comes up they couldn’t get out of their “easy kills” habit. The only time I died was by chainsaws. I even heard one player shouting, “-Yoink- this rifles gametype!” and went back to regular deathmatch.

I’d like to see this. Would give them a better use outside of spray and pray.

> > Like Epic, who took specific steps to reduce shotgun dominance for gears 3 and specifically told complaining tryhards on twitter to deal with it, because they have millions of other customers to which they have an obligation to provide diverse and above all FUN gameplay.
>
> Whats sad is that it didn’t really work, the Gnasher still dominates mainly due to the excessive amounts of cover and rolling/running that allows them to easily close the distance and one-shot all rifle users.
>
> But the funny thing is the Double Barrelled Shotgun became even more OP then that Gnasher and they all started complaining about it. I’m just sitting here thinking, “This is what every rifle user has felt for the last three games…” and they just don’t get it.
>
> and here’s something even more funny, in Gears 3 I’ve been learning how to use rifles and how to pace my shots with those weapons that when the gametype “This is my Rifle” (no shotgun spawns) appeared I would dominate all those gametypes. In regular Deathmatch, I would average the same as everybody else, with people on the top of the board having like, 10 kills at least. When the “Rifles only” gametype came up I regularly had 30 kills and 30 downs in my games. Because while I had been learning how to use the rifles everybody else had been doing nothing but rushing forward and blind firing those shotguns, so when a new gametype comes up they couldn’t get out of their “easy kills” habit. The only time I died was by chainsaws. I even heard one player shouting, “-Yoink- this rifles gametype!” and went back to regular deathmatch.

Heh yeah, but at least they tried. They introduce the sawn off specifically to even out the shotgun only people as far as i know, and it did have a good effect on that. The retro also retained its power from the beta after much whinging that they should have nerfed it, specifically to balance out the hordes of shotgun rushers.

I think they did as well as you could hope to diversify the sandbox there, its a totally different game from gears 1 and 2. And here is 343i going the complete opposite direction with their games :confused:

I just wish this would be taken into consideration. Why must DMR slayer be the main gametype in every playlist? :confused: I don’t want the damn DMR, I want a close range weapon and a medium range weapon sidearm.

The DMR and NR are much too powerful and should be beaten in close range by the close range auto weapons. :confused:

I’m all for more damage and less magnetism for automatics that aren’t Needlers.

I agree, in pre-TU gametypes I am able to kill a DMR user with the AR at 25 meters with burst fire. However, in TU gametypes burst fire simply cannot keep up with the 85% bloom DMR. I feel that the only way I can have any chance at killing a DMR user at 25 meters in TU gametypes is to hold down the trigger and hope enough of my shots hit.

I reckon 85% bloom on automatic weapons would solve this, burst fire would then be effective again.

Damage buff would be much better. The 85% would ONLY affect the plasma repeater and AR. The plasma rifle and spiker would be left untouched.