3. Skyrim
  4. Battlefield 3
  5. FIFA 12
  6. Modern Warfare 2
  7. Halo: Reach
  8. Gears of War 3

7TH place on the XBox Live activity chart

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC…

Do you remember a time when Halo used to rule Xbox Live?

Halo 2 - Ruled at number one on Xbox Live for YEARS

Halo 3 - Kept trading places back and forth with MW2 for 1st place. Did Great on the charts.

Halo: Reach - 7th -Yoinking!- place? Are you kidding me?

Bungie, admit you messed up on Reach. You sucked all the competitive fun out of it, and turned Halo into a random dumbed down casual game.

You took out 1-50, which gave players motivation to play. you created bloom, which is random and breaks gameplay, and completely lessened the skill gap. and armor lock, nuff said.

You know its bad when, Halo, the flagship series for Xbox, is in 7TH PLACE after being in first with each previous Halo title. The numbers speak for themselves, Halo: Reach is an abomination to the Halo franchise.

Halo: Reach = a total and utter failure

i thought it was 8th.

no surprise MW2 is above halo, it appeals to the casual crowd perfectly.

I honestly don’t care about population. As long as enough people play for easy loading I can careless where its ranked.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from posting comments that are off-topic.

How recent is this?

The December 5th list looked exactly the same, and Reach has gone up in numbers recenty (although not a huge amount).

How many games on that list are over a year old?

> How recent is this?
>
> The December 5th list looked exactly the same, and Reach has gone up in numbers recenty (although not a huge amount).

That is exactly the same, I dont think the numbers are released for December until January, could be wrong on that.

> > How recent is this?
> >
> > The December 5th list looked exactly the same, and Reach has gone up in numbers recenty (although not a huge amount).
>
> That is exactly the same, I dont think the numbers are released for December until January, could be wrong on that.

Haha good, I was gonna say. There’s almost 100,000 on right now and in November there was no where near that many.

> How many games on that list are over a year old?

MW2 was released Nov 2009 and has 2 sequels out and it is still beating reach

your point you were hinting at is invalid

> > How many games on that list are over a year old?
>
> MW2 was released Nov 2009 and has 2 sequels out and it is still beating reach
>
> your point you were hinting at is invalid

Actually no it’s not… There are plenty of new and great games coming out, much more than in the past 5 years.

Of course Halo 2/3 ruled the charts. It was the flagship title, the best (And in Halo 2’s case, basically the only) online experience out there.

This is why I sometimes dislike the Halo community to a damn high degree… Instead of being happy that we, as a collective whole of gamers, are getting some absolutely fantastic games for all kinds of people with different tastes, they like to sit around and whine because they’re not the only decent online game out there.

Boo hoo, Halo’s not number 1. All this competition that developers are facing from each other is only going to fuel them to make even better games than what we have now. It’s great for all gamers everywhere.

Except, like I said, the bitter Halo fans who can’t get over the fact Halo isn’t the only game out there.

It’s in the top ten why do you care about it being first? The game is over a year old, just being in the top 10 for any game is great.

> > How many games on that list are over a year old?
>
> MW2 was released Nov 2009 and has 2 sequels out and it is still beating reach
>
> your point you were hinting at is invalid

I bet MW 2 does not fair so well in the coming months, possible overtake of 6th position by Reach through December and January with MW 2 dropping to 8th with GoW 3 grabbing 7th . I take it you think Reach will lose futher position cause its so bad?Or is one of those its not number one so its junk, but its a good game as compared to everything else kinda of arguments?

> > > How many games on that list are over a year old?
> >
> > MW2 was released Nov 2009 and has 2 sequels out and it is still beating reach
> >
> > your point you were hinting at is invalid
>
> Actually no it’s not… There are plenty of new and great games coming out, much more than in the past 5 years.
>
> Of course Halo 2/3 ruled the charts. It was the flagship title, the best (And in Halo 2’s case, basically the only) online experience out there.
>
> This is why I sometimes dislike the Halo community to a damn high degree… Instead of being happy that we, as a collective whole of gamers, are getting some absolutely fantastic games for all kinds of people with different tastes, they like to sit around and whine because they’re not the only decent online game out there.
>
> Boo hoo, Halo’s not number 1. All this competition that developers are facing from each other is only going to fuel them to make even better games than what we have now. It’s great for all gamers everywhere.
>
> Except, like I said, the bitter Halo fans who can’t get over the fact Halo isn’t the only game out there.

I could care less if other great games come out. I only “whine” about how bad halo has become in the form of reach.

Halo 3 dookied on Gears 1-2, and any BF games pre may 2010, MW1 and atleast stayed #2 when MW2 came out even in July June 2010.

I could admit halos defeat if halo was doing its best and some other truly amazing shooter or other game came out and beat it. But halo isnt doing its best, halo in reach is a shadow of its former self. Like 400lb overweight former olypic swimmer. Pathetic.

HALO DIED CUZ REACH BLEW, NOT THE COMPETITION

No offense to Bungie. But this is what I refer their games as.

Halo CE
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST

And I just call Reach, Reach.

Care to guess why?

> > > How many games on that list are over a year old?
> >
> > MW2 was released Nov 2009 and has 2 sequels out and it is still beating reach
> >
> > your point you were hinting at is invalid
>
> I bet MW 2 does not fair so well in the coming months, possible overtake of 6th position by Reach through December and January with MW 2 dropping to 8th with GoW 3 grabbing 7th . I take it you think Reach will lose futher position cause its so bad?Or is one of those its not number one so its junk, but its a good game as compared to everything else kinda of arguments?

Like i say to my kids when they say its good they got a C over a D, i’ll say who cares, grades like that will take you nowhere and means nothing.

7th out of 20, 20 out of hundreds.

There’s nothing wrong with that.

And if you think Halo: Reach or Halo 4 could overtake CoD, you are extremely naive.

> > > > How many games on that list are over a year old?
> > >
> > > MW2 was released Nov 2009 and has 2 sequels out and it is still beating reach
> > >
> > > your point you were hinting at is invalid
> >
> > I bet MW 2 does not fair so well in the coming months, possible overtake of 6th position by Reach through December and January with MW 2 dropping to 8th with GoW 3 grabbing 7th . I take it you think Reach will lose futher position cause its so bad?Or is one of those its not number one so its junk, but its a good game as compared to everything else kinda of arguments?
>
> Like i say to my kids when they say its good they got a C over a D, i’ll say who cares, grades like that will take you nowhere and means nothing.

Except Reach is not a C or D game by any current standards, its B+ A- at worst. I might believe that its horrible but if you keep up your current playtime, you will surpass your amount of games played of Halo 3 vs Reach and you had quite a few more years to play Halo 3, explain that one.

> > > > How many games on that list are over a year old?
> > >
> > > MW2 was released Nov 2009 and has 2 sequels out and it is still beating reach
> > >
> > > your point you were hinting at is invalid
> >
> > Actually no it’s not… There are plenty of new and great games coming out, much more than in the past 5 years.
> >
> > Of course Halo 2/3 ruled the charts. It was the flagship title, the best (And in Halo 2’s case, basically the only) online experience out there.
> >
> > This is why I sometimes dislike the Halo community to a damn high degree… Instead of being happy that we, as a collective whole of gamers, are getting some absolutely fantastic games for all kinds of people with different tastes, they like to sit around and whine because they’re not the only decent online game out there.
> >
> > Boo hoo, Halo’s not number 1. All this competition that developers are facing from each other is only going to fuel them to make even better games than what we have now. It’s great for all gamers everywhere.
> >
> > Except, like I said, the bitter Halo fans who can’t get over the fact Halo isn’t the only game out there.
>
> I could care less if other great games come out. I only “whine” about how bad halo has become in the form of reach.
>
> Halo 3 dookied on Gears 1-2, and any BF games pre may 2010, MW1 and atleast stayed #2 when MW2 came out even in July June 2010.
>
> I could admit halos defeat if halo was doing its best and some other truly amazing shooter or other game came out and beat it. But halo isnt doing its best, halo in reach is a shadow of its former self. Like 400lb overweight former olypic swimmer. Pathetic.
>
> HALO DIED CUZ REACH BLEW, NOT THE COMPETITION

You are quite over-dramatic, you know that?

For your red crap, that’s great. Stop trying to use Halo: Reach’s population numbers as some sort of “fact” for why Halo sucks. That’s great you don’t like it, so what exactly is your point?

Blue crap, Gears really isn’t even in the same league and Gears of War 2 was a failure online. Call of Duty hadn’t become the franchise it is today yet. And Battlefield didn’t have near as many supporters on consoles way back when. The numbers are MASSIVELY different than back then. And Halo isn’t top dog anymore.

Olive crap, once again stop trying to use population numbers as an indicator of the best game out there. How many hundreds upon hundreds of examples of great forms of media didn’t sell jack? So Titanic, Twilight and Avatar are your favorite movies? (The Dark Knight was great though). You only like Harry Potter books? You are really missing out on some great literature. You only listen to Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber albums? That’s terrible. Why don’t we stop being a sheep and make our own decisions instead of basing what we think on sales?

Dark red crap, Halo: Reach is alive and well. I’ve been reading threads about how it’s dead or dying for months… And to be honest, it’s getting old. Halo: Reach will only be dead when they shut down its servers.

> > > > > How many games on that list are over a year old?
> > > >
> > > > MW2 was released Nov 2009 and has 2 sequels out and it is still beating reach
> > > >
> > > > your point you were hinting at is invalid
> > >
> > > Actually no it’s not… There are plenty of new and great games coming out, much more than in the past 5 years.
> > >
> > > Of course Halo 2/3 ruled the charts. It was the flagship title, the best (And in Halo 2’s case, basically the only) online experience out there.
> > >
> > > This is why I sometimes dislike the Halo community to a damn high degree… Instead of being happy that we, as a collective whole of gamers, are getting some absolutely fantastic games for all kinds of people with different tastes, they like to sit around and whine because they’re not the only decent online game out there.
> > >
> > > Boo hoo, Halo’s not number 1. All this competition that developers are facing from each other is only going to fuel them to make even better games than what we have now. It’s great for all gamers everywhere.
> > >
> > > Except, like I said, the bitter Halo fans who can’t get over the fact Halo isn’t the only game out there.
> >
> > I could care less if other great games come out. I only “whine” about how bad halo has become in the form of reach.
> >
> > Halo 3 dookied on Gears 1-2, and any BF games pre may 2010, MW1 and atleast stayed #2 when MW2 came out even in July June 2010.
> >
> > I could admit halos defeat if halo was doing its best and some other truly amazing shooter or other game came out and beat it. But halo isnt doing its best, halo in reach is a shadow of its former self. Like 400lb overweight former olypic swimmer. Pathetic.
> >
> > HALO DIED CUZ REACH BLEW, NOT THE COMPETITION
>
> You are quite over-dramatic, you know that?
>
> For your red crap, that’s great. Stop trying to use Halo: Reach’s population numbers as some sort of “fact” for why Halo sucks. That’s great you don’t like it, so what exactly is your point?
>
> Blue crap, Gears really isn’t even in the same league and Gears of War 2 was a failure online. Call of Duty hadn’t become the franchise it is today yet. And Battlefield didn’t have near as many supporters on consoles way back when. The numbers are MASSIVELY different than back then. And Halo isn’t top dog anymore.
>
> Olive crap, once again stop trying to use population numbers as an indicator of the best game out there. How many hundreds upon hundreds of examples of great forms of media didn’t sell jack? So Titanic, Twilight and Avatar are your favorite movies? (The Dark Knight was great though). You only like Harry Potter books? You are really missing out on some great literature. You only listen to Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber albums? That’s terrible. Why don’t we stop being a sheep and make our own decisions instead of basing what we think on sales?
>
> Dark red crap, Halo: Reach is alive and well. I’ve been reading threads about how it’s dead or dying for months… And to be honest, it’s getting old. Halo: Reach will only be dead when they shut down its servers.

Or when Halo 4 comes out, Reach will be as dead as Halo 3 is right now

If it didn’t have Halo in its title it wouldn’t even be on the chart.