754,145 players online at 6:34 AM

Black Ops 2 had 754,145 at six thirty in the MORNING on XBOX alone.

My friend is sending me a copy of Halo 4 this week so I can’t compare populations, but How is Halo 4 looking on activity?

EDIT: It is on a CURRENT counter of people online at the time. It’s not 24 hours.

That number is the count of unique gamertags in the last 24 hours.

Halo 4 uses a different style of count to every other game.

Most games count how many unique players have been online in the past 24 or 48 hours.

Halo 4 counts the players currently online. If you stay in the Matchmaking menu for a while you will notice the numbers constantly fluctuating.

This is the reason why Halo 4 appears to have low populations. In actual fact, it’s counting fairly.

> That number is the count of unique gamertags in the last 24 hours.

No it’s not. Call of Duty games have NEVER done 24 hour counters. That is the actual population of people playing at the moment.

> Halo 4 uses a different style of count to every other game.
>
> Most games count how many unique players have been online in the past 24 or 48 hours.
>
> Halo 4 counts the players currently online. If you stay in the Matchmaking menu for a while you will notice the numbers constantly fluctuating.
>
> This is the reason why Halo 4 appears to have low populations. In actual fact, it’s counting fairly.

Black Ops 2 has an actual counter for people currently playing.

OP. game population does not mean anything.

There’s less than 100k online for Halo

Doesn’t make black ops 2 the better game, just means people are ok paying 60 bucks a year for a slightly altered meta-game. Also I’d like to add that the game takes no skill. So people can make themselves feel good about playing it. While halo they jump in and get slaughtered because it’s not a point and shoot, then run away game, you actually have to fight.

> OP. game population does not mean anything.

It kind of does when you’re crowning or recrowning a game as king of Xbox Live.

People said Halo 4 will take down BO2, and so far, that looks to be impossible.

Here you go OP peak population for Halo 4 on each day from launch.
It doesn’t tell you how many it is total during 24h but that doesn’t matter imo.

http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all