720p 60fps

idk about you guys, but I prefer a smooth gameplay rather than a slow and stuttering one, last gen (xbox 360) we had hardware limitations that made us all play at 720p 30fps (which isn’t entirely true, I believe the 360 had indie games running at least at 60fps)

This generation is different, it has a choice, between choosing a pretty picture or smooth gameplay, for whatever reason Microsoft and Sony bragged about 1080p 60fps gameplay when the hardware wasn’t there to back it up.
So the choice is simple, cut resolution for gameplay, that way the game could look slightly less pretty yet keep all of the things we want from previous halo, Forge world, Split screen gameplay, though it might have to do what battlefront did and cut it to 30fps, and well detailed forge maps and regular maps.

I just got back from a Halo 5 hiatus, Hello everyone!, and have been playing nothing but WoW and various other PC games on my new beastly computer and it’s actually pretty damn funny watching those 30fps team mates running in the distance. (I don’t mean in a snobby funny way like those PC elitist jerks, but funny in the sense that it just looks silly when everything else runs at 60fps for the most part.

In conclusion, cutting resolution would solve a lot of the visual problems that Halo 5 currently has, the "Popping in of textures and details like on sanghelios and escape from arc with the mountains, the team mates and enemy AI in the distance running at a choppy 30fps, and allowing much more to be on the screen. The Xbox one is NOT powerful enough to give us the ultimate halo experience that we’re all craving.

Halo 5 features a dynamic resolution system. When it can run at 1080 and 60 FPS, it will. When there’s too much stuff on screen it lowers it as necessary to maintain 60 fps.

The big problem as far as I can tell for split-screen was that they hard locked it to 60 fps. The game simply couldn’t process everything twice and meet that 60 fps benchmark, and by the time they realised they that the game couldn’t do it was too late in development to rebuild the engine, so they cut it completely.

Basically - hopefully- the solution in Halo 6 is to switch it down to 30 FPS for split-screen.

> 2533274871929668;1:
> …it’s actually pretty damn funny watching those 30fps team mates running in the distance…

…or even slower. Much slower.

> 2533274842918190;2:
> Halo 5 features a dynamic resolution system. When it can run at 1080 and 60 FPS, it will. When there’s too much stuff on screen it lowers it as necessary to maintain 60 fps.
>
> The big problem as far as I can tell for split-screen was that they hard locked it to 60 fps. The game simply couldn’t process everything twice and meet that 60 fps benchmark, and by the time they realised they that the game couldn’t do it was too late in development to rebuild the engine, so they cut it completely.
>
> Basically - hopefully- the solution in Halo 6 is to switch it down to 30 FPS for split-screen.

Exactly what I said man

I knew the post would be too long for waypoint