7 THINGS that are CRITICAL for HALO 4 FORGE SUCCESS!

1. Doors & Gates
Look at how many tutorials their are to make doors in forge world. 343i Should recognise this and make it so doors, gates and switches are available in Halo 4 forge. These new objects should work like teleporters you can decide what switches open what doors and who use can use them (Attacker/Defenders). This will save alot of time trying to build custom doors which take alot of time, and hopefully and a whole new dimension to forge/custom games.

2. De - Spawn
Like how you can choose when objects appear in the game you should be able to decide when objects disappear. Pretty straight forward, this can add a new layer to ascetics when things explode pieces of the map can “de-spawn”.

3. Different Environments FOUR FORGE WORLDS
Snow, City, Desert & Grass. Having one big map with all these type may be impractical. These maps could be easily split up in 4 different maps with its own re-made map featured in it like how hermorage was apart of forge world so for example

Snow forge world - Avalanche
City forge world - Headlong
Sand forge world - Sandtrap
Grass forge world - Valhalla

*Agree or not with this particular idea, they must be DIFFERENT terrains in Halo 4 forge.

4. Copy, Paste & Grouping
In Halo 4 forge we should be to copy objects and be able to paste them whether their its a single object or a whole group.

5. Moveable & Breakable Objects
This is a must a was lacking in Reach, we need object that can be moved and broken in game by players for halo 4. This can add a new layer to infection games where your defending a stronghold or whether your playing a maze type game and needed to break barriers down to escape

6. Bots and A.I
A.I need to in forge whether it’s marines or the covenant. You should have full customisation on what weapons they have, what side they are on and where they can and cannot do or go. This can be a GREAT addition to infection and forge.

7. Elephants + Pelicans
A must, this will give a whole new dimension to custom games, the possibilities are endless.

*Bonus - We need to be able to sort our custom content into folders which we can name i.e. Race Maps and Infection maps. This will be alot easier to look at and manage. Not really to do with forge but it is worth noting

Please Reply. Thanks will be appreciated!

scrap forge

make a full on mad editor.

> scrap forge
>
> make a full on mad editor.

Wouldn’t mind that, but is it practical? will they be enough space?

Either way, they better keep those maps in their own playlist.

For breakable objects, make it where we can customize it’s health, similiar to vehicles. That way we can make it so a magnum can break it to several tank shots.

> > scrap forge
> >
> > make a full on mad editor.
>
> Wouldn’t mind that, but is it practical? will they be enough space?

I don’t see why it would be a problem.

if Far Cry 2 had a map editor, I think 343i could pull one off.

The best possible scenario would be launching the map editor tools for pc, like dl them through waypoint, and being able to upload them to the game that way so you aren’t hindered by a gamepad.

AI will never happen unless we can program the paths into the AI ourselves …

OP, this is in NO WAY critical to forge being a success. It turned out to be a huge success in Halo 3, as well as in Reach. So it will be here.

AI will NEVER happen in forge, i don’t know why it is hard to understand for people. We’d have to code every single unit with patterns and movement. Impossible.

As for Pelicans? Don’t get your hopes up, it isn’t just as simple as put it into game and fly it. Elephants i can go with.

The 4 forge worlds could work out if 343i chooses to make them.

The most critical thing for Forge at this point in time is terrain editing.

I say just scrap Forge altogether and replace it with a map editor, which is perfectly practical, or have Forge and a map editor work hand in hand, which is somewhat less realistic.

I’m kinda a forge noob. What is a map editor?

How could 343 make bots for custom forge maps? I don’t think custom game’s and bots can work togheter

> The most critical thing for Forge at this point in time is terrain editing.
>
> I say just scrap Forge altogether and replace it with a map editor, which is perfectly practical, or have Forge and a map editor work hand in hand, which is somewhat less realistic.

What’s so great a about a map editor, is soo overated.

> How could 343 make bots for custom forge maps? I don’t think custom game’s and bots can work togheter

They can, it’s not impossible

They should take the vinyl group system from Forza’s paint editor. Select, move as one and save as group, along with copy & paste (and mirror).

Also, fix that s**t with rotation snap not working on certain angles because it doesn’t feel like it.

> > scrap forge
> >
> > make a full on mad editor.
>
> Wouldn’t mind that, but is it practical? <mark>will they be enough space?</mark>

Simple have Halo 4 on 2, or 3 separate discs.

Two(2) Discs:
Disc 1:
-Campaign.
-Xbox Live Co-OP campaign.

Disc 2:
-Forge.
-Theater.
-Custom games.
-Match Making.

Three(3) Disc:
Disc 1:
-Campaign.
-Xbox Live Co-OP campaign.

Disc 2:
-Custom games.
-Match Making.

Disc 3:
-Forge.
-Theater.

Agree with all except #6 but i guess it really wouldn’t hurt anything.

I start to forge in Halo Reach and have made a couple pretty decent maps.

Undo button should be very first on the list.

If they were to make different themed forge worlds, they would probably have to be about the size of a big team map so it doesn’t take up a lot of room on disk space. Which I’m very fine about that. It would be a lot better to include 4 empty completely customizable big maps then just 1 huge forge world that only has one type of terrain.

> > > scrap forge
> > >
> > > make a full on mad editor.
> >
> > Wouldn’t mind that, but is it practical? <mark>will they be enough space?</mark>
>
> Simple have Halo 4 on 2, or 3 separate discs.
>
> Two(2) Discs:
> Disc 1:
> -Campaign.
> -Xbox Live Co-OP campaign.
>
> Disc 2:
> -Forge.
> -Theater.
> -Custom games.
> -Match Making.
> ___________________________________________________________________________________________
> <mark>Three(3) Disc:</mark>
> <mark>Disc 1:</mark>
> <mark>-Campaign.</mark>
> <mark>-Xbox Live Co-OP campaign.</mark>
> <mark>Disc 2:</mark>
> <mark>-Custom games.</mark>
> <mark>-Match Making.</mark>
> <mark>Disc 3:</mark>
> <mark>-Forge.</mark>
> <mark>-Theater.
[/quote]
</mark>
>
>
> Not sure if a game on Xbox had 3 disks already… Anyway, the idea of putting Forge and Theater on another disk is aweful, because I don’t like to switch my disks to see my film-clip in theater… Same for Forge…
>
> Two disks would be something different, because todays games have Campaign and Matchmaking seperated. It wouldn’t hurt and so the campaign could be bigger :wink:

> Not sure if a game on Xbox had 3 disks already.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope is on 3 discs. But it’s an RPG game.