6v6 Objective...really?

Any reason why we’re not getting a proper 8v8 objective/Big Team Battle based playlist?

I fail to see how hard it is for them to just add it to the current Big Team playlist. We have big maps, the game types are already set up so they work with big team, they have a massive chunk of the fan base asking for it, yet they give us something that no one wanted.

Game types that can be in BTB:

  • CTF
  • KotH
  • Regicide
  • Slayer
  • Oddball
  • Extraction
  • Dominion

I know the last two are 6v6 gametypes, but just like Invasion, they work SO much better with 8v8. Seriously, it’s not a case of testing, programming or anything like that. It’s a simple drag file X into folder Y and set it to same possibilities as all gametypes.

This pretty much sums up 343:

> if i wanna paint my house green and everybody else thinks it should be red guess what? im going to paint it Jar Jar

We’re telling them that they are making terrible choices, giving them feedback, and yet they are still ignoring us!

Not cool 343, not cool at all…

I’m actually looking forward to it.

And it would be nice if we could have both. 6v6 and 8v8.
Which can still happen.

> I’m actually looking forward to it.
>
> And it would be nice if we could have both. 6v6 and 8v8.
> Which can still happen.

But it won’t will it?

Come on, they have had almost 6 months now to add a classic playlist to the roster and they haven’t. What makes you think they’ll do it now?

Honestly, because I don’t base my happiness in this game around what playlist I’m playing in.

There are things I’d like to see happen, true.
All I can do is keep voicing my desire for them in a way that is respectful and hope for the best. In the end, I don’t control what they do, I can only influence it.

Well you shouldn’t be that surprised, that’s just how 343 operates: community asks for something > they give us something totally different (i.e. ranks, the x, maps etc.) and then wonder why everybody is mad.

Invasion wouldn’t work well with 8v8…

I’m actually looking forward to it. Expecially with CSR coming up. Gotta get those flaming 50’s.

Honesty I cannot remember having BTB match in Halo 3 or Reach with 8v8 players from start to finish. Since Halo 4 has JIP, 6v6 all-time is just as good.

Another thing is that right now Objectives are on separate playlist. When there was 1 BTB playlist for both Slayer and Objective gametypes many people who ended up in Objective match didn’t cared about objectives and were just hanging around the map killing each other. Right now there will be no random people in Big Team Objectives - when someone chooses this playlist, he’s about to care about objectives. That means unlike in Big Team Slayer, where people are spread around the map, there will one or two vivid points on the map.

Crimson or Dominion playlists showed that big maps are just as intense with 12 players all-time gathering around objectives. Besides can you imagine frame rate issues when there are all 16 players fighting in one place? On splitscreen?

I am looking forward to it. It reminds me of Squad battle. I always wanted a 50 in it in Halo 3. It seems the time has finally come …

There won’t be CTF in that playlist… So they’re sort of giving us what we want, but not really…

> There won’t be CTF in that playlist… So they’re sort of giving us what we want, but not really…

There are plenty of big CTF maps in the CTF playlist.

Its especially irritating that with 6 people there is absolutely no excuse for 1 plot extraction. 1 plot is nothing but a worse version of KOTH, 2 plot(For anything < 8v8) and 3 plot(for BTB) are great.

> Well you shouldn’t be that surprised, that’s just how 343 operates: community asks for something > they give us something totally different (i.e. ranks, the x, maps etc.) and then wonder why everybody is mad.

Our suggestions do not need to be enacted by 343i.

They need to do what they feel is necessary.

That said, it is always good to keep the customer happy.

Also,

Not everyone is mad.

Halo 4 is better today than it was yesterday. And I was generally happy with the game from day one.

> > Well you shouldn’t be that surprised, that’s just how 343 operates: community asks for something > they give us something totally different (i.e. ranks, the x, maps etc.) and then wonder why everybody is mad.
>
> Our suggestions do not need to be enacted by 343i.
>
> They need to do what they feel is necessary.
>
> That said, it is always good to keep the customer happy.
>
> Also,
>
> Not everyone is mad.
>
> Halo 4 is better today than it was yesterday. And I was generally happy with the game from day one.

Yep. 460,000 people leaving since December is the definition of happy. All 460,000 people are glad your happy, because all 460,000 people decided this game made them unhappy. Not everyone is mad, but the average population dropping from 500,000 to 40,000 says that 460,000 people were mad.

Facts aside im glad your happy, i still play once in awhile mainly because i love the franchise (excluding 343i).

> Its especially irritating that with 6 people there is absolutely no excuse for 1 plot extraction. 1 plot is nothing but a worse version of KOTH, 2 plot(For anything < 8v8) and 3 plot(for BTB) are great.

There’s no excuse for 1-plot anywhere outside of 2v2 to begin with.

> > > Well you shouldn’t be that surprised, that’s just how 343 operates: community asks for something > they give us something totally different (i.e. ranks, the x, maps etc.) and then wonder why everybody is mad.
> >
> > Our suggestions do not need to be enacted by 343i.
> >
> > They need to do what they feel is necessary.
> >
> > That said, it is always good to keep the customer happy.
> >
> > Also,
> >
> > Not everyone is mad.
> >
> > Halo 4 is better today than it was yesterday. And I was generally happy with the game from day one.
>
>
> Yep. 460,000 people leaving since December is the definition of happy. All 460,000 people are glad your happy, because all 460,000 people decided this game made them unhappy. Not everyone is mad, but the average population dropping from 500,000 to 40,000 says that 460,000 people were mad.
>
> Facts aside im glad your happy, i still play once in awhile mainly because i love the franchise (excluding 343i).

Not the same 40k people play Halo 4…that’s a bad way of analyzing the population.

For once I actually agree with one of the many “Why, 343?” Threads.

Here I thought Castle would finally be a good all-BTB Map Pack.

“Nope.avi”

Oh, well. Piss.

> Honesty I cannot remember having BTB match in Halo 3 or Reach with 8v8 players from start to finish. Since Halo 4 has JIP, 6v6 all-time is just as good.
>
> Another thing is that right now Objectives are on separate playlist. When there was 1 BTB playlist for both Slayer and Objective gametypes many people who ended up in Objective match didn’t cared about objectives and were just hanging around the map killing each other. Right now there will be no random people in Big Team Objectives - when someone chooses this playlist, he’s about to care about objectives. That means unlike in Big Team Slayer, where people are spread around the map, there will one or two vivid points on the map.

This, a thousand times over. This.

4 fewer players might just make it more likely to keep things… er, objective.

If BTO needs anything it is fewer K/D mongers trying to pad their stats on the cheap.

Regicide and Invasion on BTB? Those would be horrible.

Some of us would like to keep killing seperate with objective. Thats probably why. 6V6 brings back squad play which was VERY popular in halo 3 and reach. Most people (atleast from my experience) cry for BTB OBJ is because they miss btb CTF. their are plenty of big team maps in ctf.

As far as 1 plot extraction its something they are trying out. Don’t knock it. Things can be changed if its not popular.