60FPS on XBOX X?

So I’m wondering as much as many of you might be; will Halo Wars 2 play at 60fps considering that’s the main aim of the Xbox One X?
If it’s upscaled to 60FPS, I’m sold on it, but if it’s not I just don’t see the point in buying a £450 Xbox to get some nicer particle effects and more detailed lights.

I think it’s 30FPS.

Em I don’t think it gets 60fps I think if flood firefight on the X was 60fps like what gears 4 horde mode on the X is doing would be cool and campaign 60fps would be cool as well

It’s going to be 30 fps. RTS games like halo wars are CPU driven. I had a AMD build PC for starcraft and my AMD CPU wouldn’t perform well in a big battle. The cpu gets bottlenecked. So i built an intel build for my pc. For this reason i believe they set the target at 30 fps and didn’t push for 60 fps. Although the game should look a lot better on the X even if you don’t have a 4k TV.

“If there’s one thing I’d love for you to take away from all this information is this: a 4K screen is not required to play great games on Xbox One X. Your games will still look and run much better on Xbox One X than any other console on the market regardless of your television and that’s thanks to supersampling.

Supersampling also helps to reduce “jaggies” around the edges of objects and other staircasing-like effects
Think of supersampling as the cousin of upscaling. Instead of taking a lower resolution image and blowing up (creating a distortion) like upscaling’s effect, supersampling takes a high-resolution image and scales it down to your television’s native resolution — be it 720p or 1080p — to bring all the information that Xbox One X is pouring into its games and beaming to the screen.

But supersampling is more than just resolution as any Xbox One X Enhanced title running on at 1080p television is still taking advantage of the power of the system. That makes your draw distance better, greater special effects, and everything else that’s running under the hood of the world’s most powerful console.“

Super sampling might change your mind about getting an Xbox one X. Hope this info helps!

> 2743710844422030;4:
> It’s going to be 30 fps. RTS games like halo wars are CPU driven. I had a AMD build PC for starcraft and my AMD CPU wouldn’t perform well in a big battle. The cpu gets bottlenecked. So i built an intel build for my pc. For this reason i believe they set the target at 30 fps and didn’t push for 60 fps. Although the game should look a lot better on the X even if you don’t have a 4k TV.
>
> “If there’s one thing I’d love for you to take away from all this information is this: a 4K screen is not required to play great games on Xbox One X. Your games will still look and run much better on Xbox One X than any other console on the market regardless of your television and that’s thanks to supersampling.
>
> Supersampling also helps to reduce “jaggies” around the edges of objects and other staircasing-like effects
> Think of supersampling as the cousin of upscaling. Instead of taking a lower resolution image and blowing up (creating a distortion) like upscaling’s effect, supersampling takes a high-resolution image and scales it down to your television’s native resolution — be it 720p or 1080p — to bring all the information that Xbox One X is pouring into its games and beaming to the screen.
>
> But supersampling is more than just resolution as any Xbox One X Enhanced title running on at 1080p television is still taking advantage of the power of the system. That makes your draw distance better, greater special effects, and everything else that’s running under the hood of the world’s most powerful console.“
>
> Super sampling might change your mind about getting an Xbox one X. Hope this info helps!

Alright who’s this account from Xbox market team Aaron is that you!?

> 2535458426112390;5:
> > 2743710844422030;4:
> > It’s going to be 30 fps. RTS games like halo wars are CPU driven. I had a AMD build PC for starcraft and my AMD CPU wouldn’t perform well in a big battle. The cpu gets bottlenecked. So i built an intel build for my pc. For this reason i believe they set the target at 30 fps and didn’t push for 60 fps. Although the game should look a lot better on the X even if you don’t have a 4k TV.
> >
> > “If there’s one thing I’d love for you to take away from all this information is this: a 4K screen is not required to play great games on Xbox One X. Your games will still look and run much better on Xbox One X than any other console on the market regardless of your television and that’s thanks to supersampling.
> >
> > Supersampling also helps to reduce “jaggies” around the edges of objects and other staircasing-like effects
> > Think of supersampling as the cousin of upscaling. Instead of taking a lower resolution image and blowing up (creating a distortion) like upscaling’s effect, supersampling takes a high-resolution image and scales it down to your television’s native resolution — be it 720p or 1080p — to bring all the information that Xbox One X is pouring into its games and beaming to the screen.
> >
> > But supersampling is more than just resolution as any Xbox One X Enhanced title running on at 1080p television is still taking advantage of the power of the system. That makes your draw distance better, greater special effects, and everything else that’s running under the hood of the world’s most powerful console.“
> >
> > Super sampling might change your mind about getting an Xbox one X. Hope this info helps!
>
> Alright who’s this account from Xbox market team Aaron is that you!?

Haha just a hardcore gamer man. Excited about the X , i went out and got an LG OLED E7P tv to make sure i can get everything the console has to offer! See my tiny marines in 4k go go gooooooo lol

4k scarab beams of love melting their betrothed bases? What could be more enticing :wink:

> 2743710844422030;4:
> It’s going to be 30 fps. RTS games like halo wars are CPU driven. I had a AMD build PC for starcraft and my AMD CPU wouldn’t perform well in a big battle. The cpu gets bottlenecked. So i built an intel build for my pc. For this reason i believe they set the target at 30 fps and didn’t push for 60 fps. Although the game should look a lot better on the X even if you don’t have a 4k TV.
>
> “If there’s one thing I’d love for you to take away from all this information is this: a 4K screen is not required to play great games on Xbox One X. Your games will still look and run much better on Xbox One X than any other console on the market regardless of your television and that’s thanks to supersampling.
>
> Supersampling also helps to reduce “jaggies” around the edges of objects and other staircasing-like effects
> Think of supersampling as the cousin of upscaling. Instead of taking a lower resolution image and blowing up (creating a distortion) like upscaling’s effect, supersampling takes a high-resolution image and scales it down to your television’s native resolution — be it 720p or 1080p — to bring all the information that Xbox One X is pouring into its games and beaming to the screen.
>
> But supersampling is more than just resolution as any Xbox One X Enhanced title running on at 1080p television is still taking advantage of the power of the system. That makes your draw distance better, greater special effects, and everything else that’s running under the hood of the world’s most powerful console.“
>
> Super sampling might change your mind about getting an Xbox one X. Hope this info helps!

But…but Windows10 version is already working on 4K 60fps.
And Xbox/PC Crossplay is now now available.
I’m not giving up yet. I will buy X1X and I want to see 60fps gameplay with my own eyes:(
I think that there is no use buying X1X without HW2 60fps mode…

> 2533274808573426;8:
> > 2743710844422030;4:
> >
>
> But…but Windows10 version is already working on 4K 60fps.
> And Xbox/PC Crossplay is now now available.
> I’m not giving up yet. I will buy X1X and I want to see 60fps gameplay with my own eyes:(
> I think that there is no use buying X1X without HW2 60fps mode…

As excited I am for the X1X (and have gotten one myself) I don’t think that would be a smart purchase. 500$ for a console that might run HW2 at 60 fps in the future? Better have more reasons than that to buy it.

> 2533274927740213;9:
> > 2533274808573426;8:
> > > 2743710844422030;4:
> > >
> >
> > But…but Windows10 version is already working on 4K 60fps.
> > And Xbox/PC Crossplay is now now available.
> > I’m not giving up yet. I will buy X1X and I want to see 60fps gameplay with my own eyes:(
> > I think that there is no use buying X1X without HW2 60fps mode…
>
> As excited I am for the X1X (and have gotten one myself) I don’t think that would be a smart purchase. 500$ for a console that might run HW2 at 60 fps in the future? Better have more reasons than that to buy it.

Agreed. It’s primary goal was to play any games at 4K60fps, yet it can’t play a flagship franchise game at 60.
Put me off buying one for sure. Especially since they’re real expensive.

I forgot to say that I want “1080p” 60fps mode.
I like 60fps gameplay and I don’t have 4K gaming monitor yet.
By the way, if Xbox X keeps 1080p 30fps strictly, I want to buy Xbox X.