60 Frames Per Second at PAX?

While watching this video

at 3:45 I noticed that the frame rate seemed a lot higher than 30 frames per second. Is it just me imagining things?

There was an old thread on this that confirmed the gameplay was 30 FPS.
Though the source I posted wasn’t very credible. I’ll ask around tomorrow. See if I can get an answer.

I’m pretty sure Xbox 360 can’t go over 30 fps.

> I’m pretty sure Xbox 360 can’t go over 30 fps.

I think CoD is 60 actually.

Call of Duty runs 60 fps on console except the Wii which runs 30.

Yes it can but human eyes can’t really tell the difference anyway.

> > I’m pretty sure Xbox 360 can’t go over 30 fps.
>
> Yes it can but human eyes can’t really tell the difference anyway.

I beg to differ

Cam footage always makes games appear smoother than they actually are. A lot of people thought Gears of War 3 was operating at a higher frame-rate when Gametrailers released their cam footage of the multiplayer.

>

Not true. 60 is around the highest you can go without any FPS above it making much of a difference. Xbox games can run at 60. Take CoD for instance. The thing is, most PC games (Sleeping Dogs, GTA, other games) run at 60, while their Xbox counterparts run at 30. This is because the Xbox is a little less powerful than modern PCs, and to take the game stutter-free, the framerate has to be kept low. Games can run 60 FPS, but it’s much harder for the Xbox to run. CoD has somewhat poor graphics, and good graphical optimizaion, so it can run 60 FPS fine. The difference between 30 and 60 frames per second is extremely noticeable.

>

actually human eyes see at around 50 frames a second so It does make a difference, for example The Dark Knight Rises was shot at 45 frames a second and I could definitely see a difference. The Hobbit is actually being shot (at least in part) at 60 frames a second.

Are you being serious with your comment??
There are games that run 60 fps on the xbox 360.

>
> Are you being serious with your comment??
> There are games that run 60 fps on the xbox 360.

Yeah I was being serious, just seriously wrong.

As for the other posters, thanks for clearing that up.

Forza Motorsport, COD, Minecraft are all locked at 60fps

>
> Are you being serious with your comment??
> There are games that run 60 fps on the xbox 360.

hay man take it easy. we dont need flame wars right now…

> > > I’m pretty sure Xbox 360 can’t go over 30 fps.
> >
> > Yes it can but human eyes can’t really tell the difference anyway.
>
> actually human eyes see at around 50 frames a second so It does make a difference, for example The Dark Knight Rises was shot at 45 frames a second and I could definitely see a difference. The Hobbit is actually being shot (at least in part) at 60 frames a second.

There is absolutely no framerate limit to the human eye. Even at 60fps you can see objects “jump” from one part of the screen to another when there is fast camera movement. If I had the possibility to play everything at 480 fps, I most certainly would. However, when it comes to Halo 4, it can’t run at any higher than 30 with that graphical quality. The Xbox 360 has power limitations which Halo 4 is already hitting, so to run it at 60 fps would require the power of two 360’s. In the end even if it was running any higher than 30, Youtube couldn’t show it as it can only display videos up to 30 fps.

Halo can’t run at 60fps smoothly and consistently on 360 hardware.

Who ever said the human eye sees 60 Fps has the derpy downs. The human eye sees 28-30 Fps depending on ones vision, the reason some games do 60 is because its not that we notice it exactly its that the combination of what we notice (about 28Fps) and motion blur. It looks good on some games and doesn’t on others, therefore some games should use it and others shouldn’t, you know this if you have a PC. The reason some games on Xbox 360 can support it is because in order to have more Fps you have to sacrifice graphic resources, witch funny enough for those who are claiming COD is better because it has higher Fps you are dead wrong, the whole reason COD games can support 60 Fps on the 360 in the first place is because COD graphics aren’t that good, especially if you put it in comparison to games like Halo when it comes to environments or anything, so your entire statement is a contradiction. The difference between 30-60 Fps is none to the human eye, its all how games fuze it with Motion blur effects and graphics. Some games even if they could support it there really would be no need too because it would pretty much come out the same( i mean just look at Halo 4 videos and take it from someone who played it at Pax its extremely fast pace, way faster then any COD or any game iv seen for that matter.) and Halo games are some of those games, if anything it could even distort the game and make it worse if it ran 60 Fps. On top of everything else for those of you who are saying Halo games cant handle 60 Fps per second, its not a matter of Halo cant handle the 60 Fps, Halo games could even tho it would be completely unnecessary, its a matter of the Xbox 360 cant handle Halo games running at 60 Fps. Lets not forget the Xbox 360 is 6 years old, its aging, and is at the end of its life cycle. Most modern PCs that aren’t even gaming PCs can handle more then the Xbox 360, so when it comes to gaming performing PCs they have the Xbox beat extremely, basically by about 4-6 years of hardware.

I know that was quite the read and really long but i just had to clear things up in this thread. People need to know what there talking about, i just wish half the people did before they came on to threads with false facts confusing everyone.

I was just about to say Forza 3 and 4. Here’s hoping Horizon is as well :grin:

Halo 4 would explode on the current tech it’s on if it were to attempt 60ps. There’s a reason why CoD is at 60fps… very old engine.

I hope the future Halo titles on the next gen get the 60fps and above treatment. I recently got into high end PC gaming and you really can see the difference when you switch between console and computer often. You also get to see more explosions and effects and stuff without getting frame rate hits like you do on consoles.

Correct me if I’m wrong here, but FPS (certainly on PC) differs depending on the amount happening/being processed. This is unless they cap it, forcing 30 FPS. By capping it, they make framerate drops less noticeable, at the cost of lacking potentially higher framerates (although, not as high as 60 with Halo’s content load, I assume).

But, as has been mentioned, it isn’t good to judge with videocam footage due to motion blur, optimization and possible camera restrictions.