6 different companies are working on infinite

recently I found out about the fact that 343i has been outsourcing several different facets of Infinite’s development to third party studios. this is nothing out of the ordinary in triple A game development, however unlike most games many of these 3rd party studios are responsible for very prominent parts of the game like visuals and even AI. also having 5 separate third party studios working on a game is-- unusual to say the least. with so many lead developers quitting 343i and so many different studios tasked with cobbling the game together, I feel like something has gone very wrong with this games development. I’d hazard to guess it was riddled with mismanagement and a particularly contentious clashing of different ideas.

seeing joe staten jump on board and speak confidently about the game gave me a sliver of hope, but all these cut features at launch, likely due to its incredibly turbulent development, have me very worried about bigger issues this game might have.

Triple A games and development uh… “hades” seem to go hand in hand. them contracting out too much is why so many of halo 5’s armors looked out of place.

I’d be interested in knowing the names of the other studios, i would have to assume havok is the one doing the AI for the most part. though that’s been them for like, … a really long time now. the only one they didn’t work on was CE.

oh huh, only 4 used havok AI, interesting. or at least is credited in 4, looks like the list doesn’t include everything they did, but havok for 6 is doing physics, animation and AI.

> 2533274863107411;3:
> I’d be interested in knowing the names of the other studios, i would have to assume havok is the one doing the AI for the most part. though that’s been them for like, … a really long time now. the only one they didn’t work on was CE.
>
> oh huh, only 4 used havok AI, interesting. or at least is credited in 4, looks like the list doesn’t include everything they did, but havok for 6 is doing physics, animation and AI.

If havok are working on physics, then they better bring back gravity hammer and grenade physics.

> 2535461884091985;4:
> > 2533274863107411;3:
> > I’d be interested in knowing the names of the other studios, i would have to assume havok is the one doing the AI for the most part. though that’s been them for like, … a really long time now. the only one they didn’t work on was CE.
> >
> > oh huh, only 4 used havok AI, interesting. or at least is credited in 4, looks like the list doesn’t include everything they did, but havok for 6 is doing physics, animation and AI.
>
> If havok are working on physics, then they better bring back gravity hammer and grenade physics.

i mean, they obviously don’t actually get a say in what they do, they just get sent issue tickets 343 have, or want, and then do their best to provide exact specifications.

working and designing is unfortunately far to different in this, i would imagine its the same for every company working for 343, their all under contract by microsoft. i bet if anything havok would only get a say if some physics based programming is possible or not, not whether it could be implemented or not.

though thats why you have a direction lead, so you can blame your -Yoink- on the guy leading the project, not the guy paying for everything.