Shifting through a sea of negative threads there’s only a handful of super constructive threads floating around at a given time. So let’s put together something positive / constructive, what do ya say?
Once a day (for the next five days) I’ll be posting my full runthrough on a Warzone map based on Boss timings. So for this first one I’ll start with my favorite map.
Battle of Noctus
- 0:00 - 2:00 : I begin the match with popping off a few crawlers (edit; GRUNTS) / making a couple assists to start chipping away at earning my Br REQ. I make sure I’m at the entrance well before it opens. Once the base is cleared, I rush out to the Elite Prime, making sure I’ve put substantial shots on it ensuring my Boss Assist or kill. From there I carefully approach the Monument, some people opt for one of the Garages, but I believe Monument is more crucial of a cap. Getting First Strike or a kill or two is the cherry on top.
- 2:00 - 4:00 : On a good game, we’ve capped Monument by 2:00 (and I have my BR), but if that’s still a battle I stray off to takedown a Hydra Soldier or both if Im lucky. Getting my hands on one of those Launchers usually means I’m getting 1-3 kills, so H2BR / SMG combo, you’re up! I’ll possibly help with a garage cap too if it’s still needed at this point.
- 4:00 - 6:00 : I tend to skip the next round of bosses, the Ghost Jockeys. Unless I’m in a Ghost Ultra at this point or there are numerous teammates taking one down at the same time. It’s usually not worth my time and ammo IMO.
- 6:00 - 8:00 : Okay, Pilot Dalamen time. The first opportunity to shift the game’s tides. Depending on whether we’re winning or losing is the deciding factor in my next move. If we’re winning, I don’t make a huge effort to take it down. If we’re losing I’ll probably pull out a Whiplash or Typhon to do whatever I can to help out. If I’m not level 6 and have a DMR out by this point, I haven’t adhered to my usual run of this map.
- 8:00 - 10:00 : Duelist Hunters are another great opportunity to even the score, especially if your team didn’t get Dalamen. I put a lot of effort here regardless of the score just so I can be a part of as many of those 4 takedowns as I can. If I’m not already 1st in my team for score, this is what usually slingshots me to 1st. Plus it’s fun to position myself on the outer walkways perpendicular to the Monument and pick off enemies as they make their attempts at the Hunters as well.
- 10:00 - 12:00 : This where we get our first Warden fight. I repeat the same process as I did for the the Duelist Hunters, hanging off to the side picking off enemies and making my damage contributions to Eternal once he’s 2/3 damaged. If I’m feeling it, I’ll use one of my better rocket launchers to try and steal away the kill commendation for myself (8 away!!)
- 12:00 - 16:00 : I bundle the next two boss sets together because they generally run into each other timewise. It seems not a lot of effort is usually put into taking down the Platoon Captain. I honestly think it’s a pain in the -Yoink- so I skip over it, mainly due to those pinpoint accurate Wraith shots. Sometimes I’ll time a tank for this boss, but I’m usually wanting to save my vehicle REQs since I don’t have a large stockpile. I do go after the Recon Pilots though, man, they go fast. Sometime’s I go for the opposing team’s side first since it’s such an easy one to steal away.
- 16:00+ : The last Warden fight comes at 18:00. Obviously this is the big finale. I put more so effort on this Warden then back at minute 12:00. I don’t like dragged out WZ matches (20+ minutes) so I try and take him down as fast as possible, win or loss. Once again, another great opportunity to get some extra kills under your belt.
Please add your tips and tricks or anything you feel that I missed that’s important! I’ll be back tomorrow with another!
Scroll down for more strategies!