5v5 is too big for these small -Yoink- maps.

Simple as that. 5v5 is not fun. Why take it up to 5v5? 4v4 feels so good. I thought that screwing up a CTF playlist was impossible. 343i doesn’t know how to do anything right.

honestly 4v4 is still too much for how small the maps are. i feel like the big team maps are better suited for 4v4 and 5v5 and the next batch of big team maps need to be bigger.

They play fine 5v5

5v5 just adds more chaos and less strategy. That’s what a social mode is supposed to be.

> 2535455681930574;4:
> 5v5 just adds more chaos and less strategy. That’s what a social mode is supposed to be.

No it’s not. It’s supposed to be for people that don’t want to play super competitively. Strategy is still important, and I don’t think that anyone likes chaos for the sake of chaos.

> 2533274800772611;5:
> > 2535455681930574;4:
> > 5v5 just adds more chaos and less strategy. That’s what a social mode is supposed to be.
>
>
> No it’s not. It’s supposed to be for people that don’t want to play super competitively. Strategy is still important, and I don’t think that anyone likes chaos for the sake of chaos.

Having little strategy makes it more casual. If you have a strategy, you try to carry it out. Do you have any suggestions on how to make it less competitive? 343 has made it less competitive with 5v5, which is the point.

> 2535455681930574;6:
> > 2533274800772611;5:
> > > 2535455681930574;4:
> > > 5v5 just adds more chaos and less strategy. That’s what a social mode is supposed to be.
> >
> >
> > No it’s not. It’s supposed to be for people that don’t want to play super competitively. Strategy is still important, and I don’t think that anyone likes chaos for the sake of chaos.
>
>
> Having little strategy makes it more casual. If you have a strategy, you try to carry it out. Do you have any suggestions on how to make it less competitive? 343 has made it less competitive with 5v5, which is the point.

You make it less competitive by not matching teams against solo players and by not ranking it. That’s all that needs to happen. Any changes and your ruinig why people want to play the playlist. 5v5 is a perfect example of this. It would have been perfectly fine being 4v4 with what I said. But instead they created a playlist that is not fun because it’s too chaotic. Both CTF and the maps were balanced for 4v4, and it doesn’t make any sense to mess with that balance.

> 2533274800772611;7:
> > 2535455681930574;6:
> > > 2533274800772611;5:
> > > > 2535455681930574;4:
> > > > 5v5 just adds more chaos and less strategy. That’s what a social mode is supposed to be.
> > >
> > >
> > > No it’s not. It’s supposed to be for people that don’t want to play super competitively. Strategy is still important, and I don’t think that anyone likes chaos for the sake of chaos.
> >
> >
> > Having little strategy makes it more casual. If you have a strategy, you try to carry it out. Do you have any suggestions on how to make it less competitive? 343 has made it less competitive with 5v5, which is the point.
>
>
> You make it less competitive by not matching teams against solo players and by not ranking it. That’s all that needs to happen. Any changes and your ruinig why people want to play the playlist. 5v5 is a perfect example of this. It would have been perfectly fine being 4v4 with what I said. But instead they created a playlist that is not fun because it’s too chaotic. Both CTF and the maps were balanced for 4v4, and it doesn’t make any sense to mess with that balance.

I guess we just have different ideas on how to make modes more casual. Agree to disagree.

> 2535455681930574;8:
> > 2533274800772611;7:
> > > 2535455681930574;6:
> > > > 2533274800772611;5:
> > > > > 2535455681930574;4:
> > > > > 5v5 just adds more chaos and less strategy. That’s what a social mode is supposed to be.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > No it’s not. It’s supposed to be for people that don’t want to play super competitively. Strategy is still important, and I don’t think that anyone likes chaos for the sake of chaos.
> > >
> > >
> > > Having little strategy makes it more casual. If you have a strategy, you try to carry it out. Do you have any suggestions on how to make it less competitive? 343 has made it less competitive with 5v5, which is the point.
> >
> >
> > You make it less competitive by not matching teams against solo players and by not ranking it. That’s all that needs to happen. Any changes and your ruinig why people want to play the playlist. 5v5 is a perfect example of this. It would have been perfectly fine being 4v4 with what I said. But instead they created a playlist that is not fun because it’s too chaotic. Both CTF and the maps were balanced for 4v4, and it doesn’t make any sense to mess with that balance.
>
>
> I guess we just have different ideas on how to make modes more casual. Agree to disagree.

People don’t want to be told they are bad every game when their rank decreases. They don’t want to spawn killed the entire match (5v5 makes this worse BTW). They don’t want to have to have matches that they just die over and over again. This is exactly what the 5v5 creates. I consider myself an above average player, but I’m definitely a casual gamer. I don’t want to be stereotyped into a group of people that only want choas and not actual gameplay. 5v5 is not fun. I just spend a game on Regret getting spawn killed 8 times in a row because the terrible spawn system 343i made can’t decide where to put me. I have almost never had this issue when playing CTF in the Team Arena playlist. 343i don’t understand that casual people just want to have fun. Building mechanics into the game that do nothing but punish you is not fun. Maybe it’s not the playlist. Maybe the playlist just shows what’s wrong with Hall 5 as a whole, but there is no having fun in anything but BTB when it comes to Arena. And now that Warzone is ruined its very hard for me to pick up this game. I thought that Social CTF shounded like a dream come true, but instead it is my worst nightmare.

They try to make it like Halo 3 with the 5v5 - but these maps with faster gameplay, and automatic weapons, are not working.

> 2533274800772611;9:
> > 2535455681930574;8:
> > > 2533274800772611;7:
> > > > 2535455681930574;6:
> > > > > 2533274800772611;5:
> > > > > > 2535455681930574;4:
> > > > > > 5v5 just adds more chaos and less strategy. That’s what a social mode is supposed to be.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > No it’s not. It’s supposed to be for people that don’t want to play super competitively. Strategy is still important, and I don’t think that anyone likes chaos for the sake of chaos.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Having little strategy makes it more casual. If you have a strategy, you try to carry it out. Do you have any suggestions on how to make it less competitive? 343 has made it less competitive with 5v5, which is the point.
> > >
> > >
> > > You make it less competitive by not matching teams against solo players and by not ranking it. That’s all that needs to happen. Any changes and your ruinig why people want to play the playlist. 5v5 is a perfect example of this. It would have been perfectly fine being 4v4 with what I said. But instead they created a playlist that is not fun because it’s too chaotic. Both CTF and the maps were balanced for 4v4, and it doesn’t make any sense to mess with that balance.
> >
> >
> > I guess we just have different ideas on how to make modes more casual. Agree to disagree.
>
>
> People don’t want to be told they are bad every game when their rank decreases. They don’t want to spawn killed the entire match (5v5 makes this worse BTW). They don’t want to have to have matches that they just die over and over again. This is exactly what the 5v5 creates. I consider myself an above average player, but I’m definitely a casual gamer. I don’t want to be stereotyped into a group of people that only want choas and not actual gameplay. 5v5 is not fun. I just spend a game on Regret getting spawn killed 8 times in a row because the terrible spawn system 343i made can’t decide where to put me. I have almost never had this issue when playing CTF in the Team Arena playlist. 343i don’t understand that casual people just want to have fun. Building mechanics into the game that do nothing but punish you is not fun. Maybe it’s not the playlist. Maybe the playlist just shows what’s wrong with Hall 5 as a whole, but there is no having fun in anything but BTB when it comes to Arena. And now that Warzone is ruined its very hard for me to pick up this game. I thought that Social CTF shounded like a dream come true, but instead it is my worst nightmare.

A bit overdramatic. How do people decrease in rank when it’s a social game mode…with no ranks? I haven’t been spawn killed yet in social CTF and I rarely do anywhere else. I kinda finished the argument by saying that we have different opinions, then you give me a whole essay about why 5v5 is bad. Like I said before, agree to disagree.

> 2533274796080930;2:
> honestly 4v4 is still too much for how small the maps are. i feel like the big team maps are better suited for 4v4 and 5v5 and the next batch of big team maps need to be bigger.

EXACTLY THIS! These maps are not big enough for even 4v4. When I played doubles on them I was like man this is how they’re supposed to play when you actually have room to breathe ok!

> 2533274800772611;5:
> > 2535455681930574;4:
> > 5v5 just adds more chaos and less strategy. That’s what a social mode is supposed to be.
>
>
> No it’s not. It’s supposed to be for people that don’t want to play super competitively. Strategy is still important, and I don’t think that anyone likes chaos for the sake of chaos.

yes and also social should be a stepping stone for people to learn how to play objective then they might transition into ranked play. 5V5 does not teach you much about how the game should be played.

i don’t know who asked for 5v5. I’m guessing 343 decided it was better for social gaming? idk

If you believe strategy is lost in the chaos, then it is chaos that overwhelms your ability to strategize. 5v5 makes things a bit more interesting, plus the maps are already good enough with 10 players total. I don’t see any spawning issues since the timers are high enough to avoid that (although I think 5 seconds would be good enough).