53,000 people watching HCS right now

Pretty cool to see Halo tournament getting some good viewership numbers again.

I feel like they should have advertisement for it pop up in game to let people know it’s live and there are drops. I know there is a little news box on the right but not sure how many people look at that regularly (I know I don’t).

There are some Warthog and variant skins available, backdrops and a weapon charm, for those that didn’t know.

14 Likes

I’m assuming that Lone Wolves and Season 2 starting in the next few days has given it that good bump in viewership and I’m hoping that the trend will extend to Infinite itself when the actual event starts.

Hoping that the event itself and a bunch of the tweaks and other changes that’ll be implemented will give some of those returning players a reason to stick around even after completing the Battle Pass.

6 Likes

I’m looking forward to it. I’ve had a 6 week break to play single player games, but I played last couple of days and had a blast.

Can’t wait for koth, last Spartan standing and the new maps. New battle pass will be nice too.

2 Likes

The Sentinels Vs Cloud 9 semi final has been absolutely ridiculous.

Commentators doing a great job of hyping it up too. I’ve missed this.

3 Likes

It was, that CTF match just now was insane!!!

the drops help as well.

1 Like

Literally only watching for Twitch drops because of weaponized FOMO. Who’s with me?

20 Likes

I already got the twitch dropson the first day (they realy look awesome!) and the last one is only when the grand finale starts (3am for me), But i like to watch it too.

1 Like

I’m just not into watching Esports in general and I just don’t feel like creating a Twitch account and linking it to get rewards. A lot of them are just too flashy for me anyway - not my style :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

HCS this year has been an exceptionally good broadcast. I’ve really enjoyed the matches I’ve gotten to watch, and it’s cool I’m getting free game items for watching.

Shyway and Ynot are a GOAT caster duo :grin:

2 Likes

Whole thing seems kinda scripted to me.
Whoever sets up the brackets controls the run of the entire tournament.
It would be nice if some of the pro teams faced off and were eliminated earlier in the brackets, to let some new blood seep in. But instead we always have the same teams versing each other in the finals.

They are spread so far out in the earlier brackets (if they even play before the quarter finals) that it always seem the brackets are rigged to let the known teams vs each other in the finals. Sure they have the sponsorship and skill to be there- don’t get me wrong, but some of the lesser teams still put on a tight show in those lower brackets but the tournament is set up to see them eliminate each other long before they get to go up against particular teams featured in the in game shop.

1 Like

It started at over 130k for the first one, then to 98k for the second, and now only 53k for the most recent one.

343 fans call this “winning”

3 Likes

I really hope that future HCS series incorporate Catalyst & the new game modes. I’ve seen Oddball on Live Fire one too many times now…

1 Like

I imagine a few of them are in the same position as me in that I have Twitch muted on my laptop in a separate room because 343 forces you to watch 2-3 hours of something I’m not at all interested just for a cosmetic (instead of something like Sea of Thieves where you only need to watch 20 minutes per item.)

4 Likes

Brackets are set by records in pool play. Pool groups are randomly drawn.

But sure, talk smack about something you obviously have little background knowledge of I guess :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Does the drop only start at 2am uk time? If so that’s a
pretty dumb considering I’ve had it on most of the night.

2 Likes

Seeded tournaments are very common because without it you just get blowout games at the end of the tournament if one side is stacked. The less established teams do get to play against the pros but most get wiped out by them. But they get there by beating other teams first. So they’ve actually had a huge run to get there. Would be nice if they focused on and highlighted some of the good games in open bracket play but a lot of them will be very one sided because you get a big mix of super serious and less serious teams, and byes.

I like the format for losers bracket where you can see mad comebacks and three series grand finals. So exciting to see the underdog team fight back through.

1 Like

The last one yeah, you can get it if you leave your phone on charge with twitch open and claim in the morning. I did it for one a while back but it too bothered about this one. Depending on if finals is exciting I may stay up due to the bank holiday.

1 Like

See this word a lot on here. Always feels dramatic.

1 Like

It’s at 73k now and finals aren’t on yet. But sure.

2 Likes