50% win chance?

I heard some rumors that Halo 5 matchmaking is built so you only get games where you are sure to win 50% of the time. Is this true because it seems kinda far-fetched to me.

No, that’s not true.

> 2535459820668259;1:
> I heard some rumors that Halo 5 matchmaking is built so you only get games where you are sure to win 50% of the time. Is this true because it seems kinda far-fetched to me.

That’s the goal, but as your search time increases, the estimated W/L ratio gets expanded to a collar. I forget what those collars are, but I know ranked has a lower one than social. It should be noted that their estimate is crude, based on your total level, and isn’t going to be entirely accurate over time.

I believe the system makes it so that each game you play gives you between a 40% and 60% chance of winning.

My WZ experience has been that matchmaking evens out between wins and losses, i play exclusively as a lone wolf. I believe matchmaking at least in WZ is pretty well balanced. You can always stack the odds of winning by playing on a team.

Not sure about 50% but the game’s matchmaking doesn’t seem great. I’m been in games where I have dominated as mvp, yet I’ve been put into games where it’s so poorly balanced that it seems nearly impossible to get a single kill, then theres clearly coordinated teams that spawn traps making it impossible to dodge…making it a ‘no win scenario’, which is frustrating.

The idea behind matchmaking is to put together 2 teams who each have a 50% chance of winning, so essentially striving to bring the fairest / most balanced matchmaking and avoiding blowouts. Obviously population and available skill level play a big part in whether that works well or not. If 5 at launch was like how it is now I think people would have liked it much better, in terms of fair matches

I generally find it to be the case and my stats seem to agree.

I definitely find if I win 3 or 4 ranked matches in a row I’ll get a pretty serious wake up call on the next few.

Last night was apparently full team night on team arena. Had quitters on my teams constantly as they apparently had no hope.

That’s their overall goal as with any game. Is it happening? Absolutely not

Depends on who your skill and who you play against. It should be 50/50 from 343 but it can vary.

The system uses 60/40 odds for team matching so a team has a 60% chance of winning at the highest and 40% at the lowest.

In FFA I keep getting matched with champions and onyx players. I’m a gold level player and get destroyed, so do the plat and diamond players.

BTW, my search settings are on “balanced”. I don’t mind waiting longer for a match since I play FFA to practice, but I learn nothing playing people who I cannot even get a couple shots on.

i kind of belive its true becuse it mainly depends on your squad so you have a mix of people all over the world that are good and bad

> 2535410417977662;12:
> In FFA I keep getting matched with champions and onyx players. I’m a gold level player and get destroyed, so do the plat and diamond players.
>
> BTW, my search settings are on “balanced”. I don’t mind waiting longer for a match since I play FFA to practice, but I learn nothing playing people who I cannot even get a couple shots on.

Lack of FFA players. If 6 equal skilled players are not found, the slots will be filled by what is available. You could get low bronze to #1 champ in the same match conceivably.

Same for breakout.

I could see that being true, but idk could change depending on who you are matched with/against.

> 2535410417977662;12:
> In FFA I keep getting matched with champions and onyx players. I’m a gold level player and get destroyed, so do the plat and diamond players.
>
> BTW, my search settings are on “balanced”. I don’t mind waiting longer for a match since I play FFA to practice, but I learn nothing playing people who I cannot even get a couple shots on.

FFA is a tough list to find balanced matches.

I’m sitting at Diamond 6 after 198 matches this season. The last 50 games it’s either a massive blow out with me on 25 kills and 2nd getting 15 or less or a match where a Champion level player just destroys everyone. There’s been some games when a reasonable number of players get to 20 kills for a close game but that’s only about 20% of the time.