50% or less shield = No sprint

If a spartan has 50% shield or less he can no longer sprint until his shields recharge. I think this would be a nice idea to help reduce the amount of running away in multiplayer.

What are your thoughts on this?

Even though that’s a nice shade of lipstick. You’re still putting lipstick on a pig.

> 2535458654857735;2:
> Even though that’s a nice shade of lipstick. You’re still putting lipstick on a pig.

Yeah, pigs are awesome!

Hey, pigs are awesome. I can’t wait to consume Halo 5 as if it were sweet hickory smoked bacon.

No. Please stop. Sprint has already been nerfed. Deal with the fact that it is in the game.

> 2535458654857735;2:
> Even though that’s a nice shade of lipstick. You’re still putting lipstick on a pig.

Gotta Agree here at that point sprint would be so nerfed I don’t really see the point. Just get rid of it and bring the maps down to normal size, and up the base movement speed. Seems like its just being forced.

haha, yes the pig is still a pig :stuck_out_tongue:

I do like that shields don’t recharge while sprinting however I think the flaw in this mechanic is that players can still run away from battles slowing gameplay down. I wouldn’t want both mechanics at the same time, but rather to replace the current mechanic. IMO it would force players to finish their engagements as apposed to just running away as soon as a bullet hits them.

I’d rather not get into the whole sprint debate if we can avoid that lol…

> 2533274824239226;6:
> > 2535458654857735;2:
> > Even though that’s a nice shade of lipstick. You’re still putting lipstick on a pig.
>
>
> Gotta Agree here at that point sprint would be so nerfed I don’t really see the point. Just get rid of it and bring the maps down to normal size, and up the base movement speed. Seems like its just being forced.

How the hell is upping the Movespeed any different than having the ability to sprint? Either than being able to shoot and walk at the same time. The maps will still be “elongated” because the average speed traversed through the map would “Ideally” be the same. The only difference now is that people are slightly less likely to get away. If someone is on the other side of a corridor they will still be able to get away regardless if they had sprint or not.

Map elongation is NOT an intrinsic property of Sprint, it is an example of poor map design if map elongation does occur.

> 2533274824239226;6:
> > 2535458654857735;2:
> > Even though that’s a nice shade of lipstick. You’re still putting lipstick on a pig.
>
>
> Gotta Agree here at that point sprint would be so nerfed I don’t really see the point. Just get rid of it and bring the maps down to normal size, and up the base movement speed. Seems like its just being forced.

What? Bring down the size of the maps? Did you watch the sprint (Halo 5 development documentary). Those guys literally spent weeks making the concept art, getting them approved, making early versions of the maps, having the pro-players test the UNTEXTURED maps. Tweaking the maps and changing routes, then finally having the lighting team do their magic, then finishing the textures. This isn’t minecraft; game developers don’t simply push a button to build stuff.They literally schedule meetings with dozens of people just to get concept art approved (Including the layouts).

> 2535458654857735;2:

That is quite funny my friend.

> 2533274794843958;1:
> If a spartan has 50% shield or less he can no longer sprint until his shields recharge. I think this would be a nice idea to help reduce the amount of running away in multiplayer.
>
> What are your thoughts on this?

With or without sprint people will run away, crouch, or move around corners to avoid being shot/killed. Should corners be removed?

> 2533274795569076;11:
> > 2533274794843958;1:
> > If a spartan has 50% shield or less he can no longer sprint until his shields recharge. I think this would be a nice idea to help reduce the amount of running away in multiplayer.
> >
> > What are your thoughts on this?
>
>
> With or without sprint people will run away, crouch, or move around corners to avoid being shot/killed. Should corners be removed?

Why do we even need maps at all? Six-sided box. Eight guys spawn. Last one standing wins. Cover is a CoD rip off anyway.

No need to nerf it more. Just take it out in Halo 6.

> 2533274867157068;13:
> No need to nerf it more. Just take it out in Halo 6.

Remember what Chief said to 343 Guilty Spark in HALO CE?

“That’s not going to happen”

:slight_smile:

Shields don’t recharge when you’re sprinting, that limits people from running away.

Why are we being punished for using a movement mechanic?
Might as well just take it out.

Im all for nerfing sprint into the ground but this i dont like it.
How about a 10-20% damage bonus for shooting them?

> 2533274808571422;8:
> How the hell is upping the Movespeed any different than having the ability to sprint?

• You can shoot while moving.
  • You can strafe. Or perform any other action for that matter.
  • There’s no disparity between movement speed during downtime and movement speed during combat, which is one of the largest flaws with sprint (one cannot move effectively around a map during combat as the map has been designed for sprint based movement speeds).
  • Gameplay flow is no longer interrupted by a constant need to slow down and speed up. Or by having an effective means of escaping an opponent that goes beyond ones ability to outmanoeuvre them.

> 2533274808571422;8:
> The maps will still be “elongated” because the average speed traversed through the map would “Ideally” be the same.

The problems with maps being elongated isn’t that they’re elongated. The problems with maps being elongated is that the time it takes someone to move from position to postion while walking (which one is forced to do to engage in combat) increases and makes it a bad idea to move anywhere without sprinting, essentially forcing the player to move around at a disadvantage so as not to leave themselves open to attack for too long.

There’s a slur of other problems, such as jumps being designed for sprint that one would then not be able to perform in combat, but you get the idea.

An upped movement speed by 5-15% really won’t change maps that much, in fact it might not even have to change maps at all (in the case of MLG Reach and Halo 3 playlists) which means we wouldn’t be increasing the effective RRR range of weapons to compensate for longer sight lines like 343i did in Halo 4 (which I’m going to point out makes it easier to hit targets, especially at range, due to the hit-scan nature of most Halo games).

> 2533274808571422;8:
> Map elongation is NOT an intrinsic property of Sprint, it is an example of poor map design if map elongation does occur.

And yet maps in Reach (this one is debatable, as while certain maps are massive others are moderately sized. Likely due to the fact that Sprint wasn’t a default trait in the game), Halo 4 and arguably Halo 5 (bigship anyone?) have been elongated in comparison to previous games.

Hence the problem.