50% of the armor has unchangeable white paint why?

I know this has been brought up before, but why does so much armor have white just splattered on it? Is there some secret arctic takeover the UNSC is prepping camoflauge for? Or was there just some evil desire to take away even more customization than we had already lost?
I see the new Indomitable set has some white [Zebra splatters] on the legs. I don’t hate all sets with it, in fact I use copperhead fangs which has white, but it adds to the detail not drown it out like Strider does. Just why 343? What is the reason for so much white?

This is 343s’ concept of customization. Seems counter intuitive , if it is supposed to be camo , unless The Covenant can’t see white for some reason.

Yeah, it annoys me SO SO much!! Instead of the armor variants with just a white paint on it we could’ve got CQB, EOD, Hayabusa and many other outstanding armors instead of this bull

> 2533274802444135;2:
> This is 343s’ concept of customization. Seems counter intuitive , if it is supposed to be camo , unless The Covenant can’t see white for some reason.

What they consider customization, I consider an akward encounter with a walking snowman.

> 2533274874690673;3:
> Yeah, it annoys me SO SO much!! Instead of the armor variants with just a white paint on it we could’ve got CQB, EOD, Hayabusa and many other outstanding armors instead of this bull

But instead we have 4 Soldier variants, 4 Warrior, 6 Mark VI [If you count gen 1] 4 War Master, 4 Venator, like 3 or 4 Seekers [1 is too many] 4 Jumpmasters, and almost all of these are just given slightly different strips of white.

It’s not white paint…
They’re Moa droppings!

Some armors have all their permulations having white and or colored markings.

BOTH helljumper variants are covered in white…shame…

Look at recon white, cyan, and yellow markings.(each variant has colors)
The basic has black markings that aren’t affected by map lighting correctly.

> 2535436715527131;6:
> It’s not white paint…
> They’re Moa droppings!
>
> …
> Some armors have all their permulations having white and or colored markings.
>
> BOTH helljumper variants are covered in white…shame…
>
> Look at recon white, cyan, and yellow markings.(each variant has colors)
> The basic has black markings that aren’t affected by map lighting correctly.

By the rings, you’re right! I never took a look at regular Recon.
This is what bothers me, that the default arrmor still has unchangeable colors.

Well by the looks of it they’re adding a variant of Kat’s armour without the white. Thank goodness for that.

> 2533274876083867;7:
> > 2535436715527131;6:
> > It’s not white paint…
> > They’re Moa droppings!
> >
> > …
> > Some armors have all their permulations having white and or colored markings.
> >
> > BOTH helljumper variants are covered in white…shame…
> >
> > Look at recon white, cyan, and yellow markings.(each variant has colors)
> > The basic has black markings that aren’t affected by map lighting correctly.
>
>
> By the rings, you’re right! I never took a look at regular Recon.
> This is what bothers me, that the default arrmor still has unchangeable colors.

Perfect example of white paint.
Intruder kat’s armor, the arms being solid white, you can see flashes of light. Intruder is intrusive.
(Even in the armor preview)
(spartan facing right)

At the right angle, it causes minor bit noticeable flashes.

its easier to repaint existing armor sets than to make new ones. white works with most colors

i dislike it but they will just continue to pump out this -Yoink-

> 2533274874690673;3:
> Yeah, it annoys me SO SO much!! Instead of the armor variants with just a white paint on it we could’ve got CQB, EOD, Hayabusa and many other outstanding armors instead of this bull

And they could also bring back the REAL Recon armor from Halo 3, and rename that current recon set in H5 to Garbage. I swear the original Recon set looked sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better. When i first saw they changed this beautiful armor in H4 to the POS it is now i couldn’t understand WHHYYYYY would you do that ??? However, after a few years with 343 i see that they have a strange -Yoink!- and always feel the need to -Yoink- something up that has been perfect in the past.
1 million times better.

The white, like the system fine/not fine lights, on the suit are to prevent players from being overly camouflaged in all lighting settings.

If you want “real smarts” and adherence to lore on missions, and not friendly simulations, my MJOLNIR suit would be in a constant flux of EM-reflection and absorption, which would make me seem like a dark, multicoloured, misty presence, if seen at all, across nearly every form of scanner, including visual.

It’d be like someone sprinting around with a Prophet’s Bane, and I can turn it on or off with a thought.

Redacted.

> 2533274881560701;13:
> > 2603643534597848;12:
> >
>
>
> Are the developers really that desperate to make sure for maximum visability yet they don’t have white lines on all armors? At this rate enemy Spartans might as well have a bright red outline around them like in Titanfall 2.
>
> Whatever happened to situational awareness? Did they smother the armor in white because of the beta complaints? Why was visability not a problem to the point of ridiculous/unchangable white lines affecting customization in 1-4?

You can’t load the dice and throw questions like that… Well you can, but it’s poor form.

You’re asking to compare the difference in lighting techniques across 3 generations of systems, 5 generations of code and over 12 years of learning. If those aren’t on your radar of thought, you’re likely to not be content any answer you would be given.

> 2603643534597848;14:
> > 2533274881560701;13:
> > > 2603643534597848;12:
> > >
> >
> >
> > Are the developers really that desperate to make sure for maximum visability yet they don’t have white lines on all armors? At this rate enemy Spartans might as well have a bright red outline around them like in Titanfall 2.
> >
> > Whatever happened to situational awareness? Did they smother the armor in white because of the beta complaints? Why was visability not a problem to the point of ridiculous/unchangable white lines affecting customization in 1-4?
>
>
> You can’t load the dice and throw questions like that… Well you can, but it’s poor form.
>
> You’re asking to compare the difference in lighting techniques across 3 generations of systems, 5 generations of code and over 12 years of learning. If those aren’t on your radar of thought, you’re likely to not be content any answer you would be given.

Fine, all statements permanently redacted.

The customization is so shallow it’s almost heart breaking. Remember the previous games were you could look at other players in the lobby before a game and check out their cool armor variants, rank and stats? Hah, nope, no more of that. 343 have taken so many steps backwards in some aspects of the game it’s disturbing.

Maybe it’s a poor attempt at bringing back dazzle camouflage?

> 2533274831629606;8:
> Well by the looks of it they’re adding a variant of Kat’s armour without the white. Thank goodness for that.

If you look at it closely, it has an ugly pattern on the legs, which is just as bad.

> 2535437652903765;17:
> Maybe it’s a poor attempt at bringing back dazzle camouflage?

Just about what some suits look like.

So 343 can sell those hideous REQs