5 suggestions for HALO 4 War Games

1. Spectator mode = lets face it, War Games is set onboard the UNSC Infinity which ties it into the canon, so why not have a spectator mode, how it would work is this:

in the screen where you set up your preferences for what kind of game you want, there could be a small box to tick that says Spectator Mode which does not affect the list of players, but has it’s very own 10-spectator cap (14 in the first idea for Tournament Mode, and 62 in the second idea for Tournament Mode) in each party

1. Spartan Credit Betting = which lets you bet your Spartan Credits (if we are having them again that is) and you get double the originally bet amount if the team you bet for had won

2. Tournament Mode (there are 2 concepts for this idea) (there should be 2 playlists which are Tournament but one has normal gameplay and the other has the Infinity gameplay)

1. basically it starts off as a Big Team Battle and that the losing team is forced into the mentioned previously mentioned Spectator Mode, the winning team is split in 2 halves for round 2 to be a Slayer game , the winning team gets split in 2 halves again for Round 3 and the winning pair will have to fight each other in the final round, the winner gets 5000 credits for winning tournaments, double for the first time they win

2. still having the Big Team Battle, Slayer, 2v2 and 1V1 but basically, players are match-made with a 64 player party (4X the normal player limit) to have 4 games which these players are split into 4 groups and each group is put into one of these 4 simultaneous games, which after one of the 4 games ends before the time is up, they are forced into spectator mode for one of the remaining games in progress, and so forth until there is only 1 game in progress which afterwards, the winning teams are split in half for the next set of games, and so forth until the tourney is over, the final winner gets 10000 credits for winning tournaments, double for the first time they win

1. credit multiplier bonuses for long chains of losses/wins = lets face it, there are gonna be players that either play like MLG or those who cant play very well at all, why not introduce a bonus system where they can get a max of 5X bonuses for chained winners and a max of 3X bonuses for chained losers, this is to ensure that players are still earning and working towards their max rank goals despite constantly losing or winning alot of matches in a row

2. players getting all the credits of a player who prematurely quits a game = say for example someone decided to quit a game that leaves a team unbalanced unless someone on the enemy team leaves aswell, if it happens, then at the end of a match, if a team has had atleast 1 or more players quit, then the credits that all quitting players have earnt in that match, would be given to the players in that team who were still playing until the end of the match (for example, if 1 player earnt 2000 credits, and another earnt 3210, then both sets of credits are added up to be 5210 for example and the credits are then given all remaining players on that team on top of the credits they would have earned without the team members quitting, the added credits INCLUDES challenge credits, but the quitters would have also kept the challenge credits

if you have any constructive criticism, share it in the replies

Neat ideas, though its been confirmed that there will be no spec mode :frowning:

I really like both tournament ideas. I think it would be cool to see something like this in the game

I really liked the ideas of 3 and 5.

I like idea number 5 a lot.

I don’t like idea #5 because it could lead to credit abuse and boosters. I like the concept behind it of rewarding players for toughing it out; but I don’t think you should get those credits unless you WIN!

I really enjoy idea 4 and 5.

Idea #4 would actually be very fun, cause getting extra points for having a winning streak is fun, and give me a reason to actually win.

Idea #5 is another good one, cause I’ve been in game where at the end of the game, I was the last person on my team who didn’t quite, but I can see how this could be turned into boosting.

> 1. Spectator mode = lets face it, War Games is set onboard the UNSC Infinity which ties it into the canon, so why not have a spectator mode, how it would work is this:
>
> in the screen where you set up your preferences for what kind of game you want, there could be a small box to tick that says Spectator Mode which does not affect the list of players, but has it’s very own 10-spectator cap (14 in the first idea for Tournament Mode, and 62 in the second idea for Tournament Mode) in each party
>
>
> 2. <mark>Spartan Credit Betting = which lets you bet your Spartan Credits (if we are having them again that is) and you get double the originally bet amount</mark>
>
>
> 3. Tournament Mode (there are 2 concepts for this idea) (there should be 2 playlists which are Tournament but one has normal gameplay and the other has the Infinity gameplay)
>
> 1) basically it starts off as a Big Team Battle and that the losing team is forced into the mentioned previously mentioned Spectator Mode, the winning team is split in 2 halves for round 2 to be a Slayer game , the winning team gets split in 2 halves again for Round 3 and the winning pair will have to fight each other in the final round, the winner gets 5000 credits for winning tournaments, double for the first time they win
>
> 2) still having the Big Team Battle, Slayer, 2v2 and 1V1 but basically, players are match-made with a 64 player party (4X the normal player limit) to have 4 games which these players are split into 4 groups and each group is put into one of these 4 simultaneous games, which after one of the 4 games ends before the time is up, they are forced into spectator mode for one of the remaining games in progress, and so forth until there is only 1 game in progress which afterwards, the winning teams are split in half for the next set of games, and so forth until the tourney is over, the final winner gets 10000 credits for winning tournaments, double for the first time they win
>
>
> 4. credit multiplier bonuses for long chains of losses/wins = lets face it, there are gonna be players that either play like MLG or those who cant play very well at all, why not introduce a bonus system where they can get a max of 5X bonuses for chained winners and a max of 3X bonuses for chained losers, this is to ensure that players are still earning and working towards their max rank goals despite constantly losing or winning alot of matches in a row
>
> 5. <mark>players getting all the credits of a player who prematurely quits a game = say for example someone decided to quit a game that leaves a team unbalanced unless someone on the enemy team leaves aswell, if it happens, then at the end of a match, if a team has had atleast 1 or more players quit, then the credits that all quitting players have earnt in that match, would be given to the players in that team who were still playing until the end of the match (for example, if 1 player earnt 2000 credits, and another earnt 3210, then both sets of credits are added up to be 5210 for example and the credits are then given all remaining players on that team on top of the credits they would have earned without the team members quitting, the added credits INCLUDES challenge credits, but the quitters would have also kept the challenge credits</mark>
>
> if you have any constructive criticism, share it in the replies

The ideas that I have highlighted are most likely going to be abused a ton. Also, Spartan Credits are returning. Just my two cents.

Can players still join mid-match, or was that taken out.

> Can players still join mid-match, or was that taken out.

I read or heard somewhere earlier that if a player leaves the game during/before the match, the matchmaker will do it’s best to replace those people so you won’t be at a disadvantage (like a 1v4, 1v8 etc.).