5 Second Respawns for 1 Week.

We are all aware that Halo 4 has some flaws that keep the game from reaching the potential it has. And, yes, it has a lot of potential. Luckily for us the game is very young, and 343 has time to fix the issues that the community keeps finding.

My main gripe with this game is most certainly the instant respawns in Infinity Slayer. Most specifically, just in that one playlist but it can be problematic in others as well.

Instant respawns are acceptable in Big Team Infinity Slayer, but in standard 4v4 Infinity Slayer it is harmful to gameplay. Respawning instantly has a lot of problems, among them is less room to take control of an area from the enemy team. Each time you pick an enemy off from a controlled area, that player can often get back to that same area with little effort. This makes taking control of an area more frustrating for players. Especially on the smaller maps.

Another issue is the increase in grenade abundance. Each time a player dies they are back immediately with the grenades they spawn with. It may not seem much different compared to 5 second respawns, but that time adds up. There would be a gradual decrease in grenade spamming if players had to wait a bit before jumping back in.

One more thing is that with sprint on at all times these small maps are already made to be congested. Instantly respawning only adds to that congestion and can sometimes make it frustrating to move about the map. Killing somebody should reward your team with less enemy players to shoot at you. Again, the 5 seconds makes a large difference and would benefit gameplay by rewarding players for their kills.

Proposal:
I propose that for at least 1 week 343i makes the Infinity Slayer playlist force 5 second respawns. Who knows, maybe the population will rise above BTB? I don’t think it would hurt to try it.

Better than nothing I guess.

It won’t be too much help because most of the map design has already been screwed over to accommodate instant spawn.

Idk why you have a problem with instant respawns or anyone for that matter. It creates faster gameplay and nothing is ever stale. As you said it will allow a team to dominate … pretty sure thats not what 343 wants. Some kids to sit there and spawn camp zzzzz.

As for sprint, another thing I don’t understand why you and a small portion hate it. Seriously guys if you cant handle fast paced action idk what to tell you. These maps aren’t small sprint is a great addition.

Why is instant respawn even in Halo?

Get rid of it.

While you’re at it 343, get rid of ordnance and put weapons back on map.

This is Halo, treat it like so.

> Why is instant respawn even in Halo?
>
> Get rid of it.
>
> While you’re at it 343, get rid of ordnance and put weapons back on map.
>
> This is Halo, treat it like so.

No, what you described is previous Halo’s. This is Halo 4. 343i is in charge of the brand now and they have the right to make the changes they want to.

> > Why is instant respawn even in Halo?
> >
> > Get rid of it.
> >
> > While you’re at it 343, get rid of ordnance and put weapons back on map.
> >
> > This is Halo, treat it like so.
>
> No, what you described is previous Halo’s. This is Halo 4. 343i is in charge of the brand now and they have the right to make the changes they want to.

That’s like saying ‘This burger is the most disgusting burger ever, but I’m ok with that because the restaurant did change owners.’

Its a weak statement. I’m not going to eat at this metaphorical restaurant anymore if the burgers are crap.

> > > Why is instant respawn even in Halo?
> > >
> > > Get rid of it.
> > >
> > > While you’re at it 343, get rid of ordnance and put weapons back on map.
> > >
> > > This is Halo, treat it like so.
> >
> > No, what you described is previous Halo’s. This is Halo 4. 343i is in charge of the brand now and they have the right to make the changes they want to.
>
> That’s like saying ‘This burger is the most disgusting burger ever, but I’m ok with that because the restaurant did change owners.’
>
> Its a weak statement. I’m not going to eat at this metaphorical restaurant anymore if the burgers are crap.

Exactly, couldnt have put it better myself!

I am sick of the attitude shown by the previous poster: “this is a new halo accept it”.

> Idk why you have a problem with instant respawns or anyone for that matter. It creates faster gameplay and nothing is ever stale. As you said it will allow a team to dominate … pretty sure thats not what 343 wants. Some kids to sit there and spawn camp zzzzz.
>
> As for sprint, another thing I don’t understand why you and a small portion hate it. Seriously guys if you cant handle fast paced action idk what to tell you. These maps aren’t small sprint is a great addition.

sprint I am fine with, but I hate how I can barely beat someone out with a BR and they instant respawn and pick me off across the map with the DMR, small map or not, it isn’t cool. On BTB it likes to spawn me out in the open too so idk if it is actually inst spawn rather than the rather crappy spawns themselves, but one of them should be fixed, because in H3 if you killed someone you had a nice breather of 5 seconds to get your shields back unless an enemy was still nearby you, but Halo 4 and insta-spawns make it impossible to fight more than one person which is stupid because I could easily do that in Halo 3 and even Reach, that was where skill came in. I feel like Halo 4 is just going the wrong direction with some of these things…

because it’s the new gametype that is like cod i think it should stay in that gametype and take out instant respawning everywhere else.

> Idk why you have a problem with instant respawns or anyone for that matter. It creates faster gameplay and nothing is ever stale. As you said it will allow a team to dominate … pretty sure thats not what 343 wants. Some kids to sit there and spawn camp zzzzz.
>
> As for sprint, another thing I don’t understand why you and a small portion hate it. Seriously guys if you cant handle fast paced action idk what to tell you. These maps aren’t small sprint is a great addition.

I’ll tell u why I do. My shields are gone by one fight then the same guy respawns behided me and with the 7 years for shield to regenerate in this game you just die.

And for the sprint I don’t like it. cus it just seems to end up with more beat downs and I just love how someone can run at me as im shooting them and hit me two times.

But I don’t care to much about it… but I still don’t like that its in the game.

> > > Why is instant respawn even in Halo?
> > >
> > > Get rid of it.
> > >
> > > While you’re at it 343, get rid of ordnance and put weapons back on map.
> > >
> > > This is Halo, treat it like so.
> >
> > No, what you described is previous Halo’s. This is Halo 4. 343i is in charge of the brand now and they have the right to make the changes they want to.
>
> That’s like saying ‘This burger is the most disgusting burger ever, but I’m ok with that because the restaurant did change owners.’
>
> Its a weak statement. I’m not going to eat at this metaphorical restaurant anymore if the burgers are crap.

I agree completely, it proves they can’t think for themselves.