5 Reasons why I stopped caring about stats :D

I used to be a stat -Yoink!- in the past Halo games, in Halo 2 and 3 I strived to be a level 50, while only hitting around a level 39. In Reach I wanted to maintain my 1.85 K/D. In Halo 4, I strived to maintain my 1.85 K/D while keeping a 75% win percentage. Well, currently my K/D has dropped to slightly above 1.2 and my win percentage just hovers over 50% and you know what, I’m not angry or disappointed. Here’s 5 reasons why I stopped caring about stats…

1. I set a goal and reached it.
My goal in Halo 5 was to reach Onyx rank. I was sick of staying in diamond and champion was just unreasonable for the time investment I put into the game, so I set my goal and eventually achieved it. Since the ranking resets every month, I have no desire to reach Onyx every season, I put in the work and got it. I don’t need to prove myself every month, I’m happy to achieve it and now I want to help others get better. Set a goal for yourself, but make it reasonable. Remember, this is a video game. Unless you are sponsored to play, you should be setting realistic, real-life goals for yourself, not virtual goals that have no real-world impact on your life.

2. Stats are misleading
K/D, win %, and rank are the top 3 stat indicators for skill. Thing is, there are so many factors that may inflate stats. Some players boost others to increase other people’s rank. Some players make second accounts to play newer players to boost their k/d. Some players only play in a full squad increasing their chances to win. Also, just because someone has good stats doesn’t mean they are good in other things. Some players are only good in Slayer, but can’t capture a flag. Some people can get 25 kills a game, but are awful teammates that just have temper tantrums all the time.

3. Maintaining Stats takes effort.
Video games should be a way to relax after something like school or work. But trying to maintain your stats becomes more like working than relaxing. You can’t think about sitting back and let your stats possibly drop, so you have to always stay competitive. This puts unnecessary stress on you that you don’t need. Remind yourself this is a video game, with a strong emphasis on game. Treat it like so.

4. Stop Idealizing yourself.
Similar to stats being misleading, trying to be the best in everything is not realistic. There will always be someone better than you. That’s why I stopped stat flaming, why make fun of someone’s stats? There’s just going to be someone else who’ll make fun of you for having worse stats than them. Everyone playing is playing for the love of Halo. Personally, I look for the effort and attitude someone puts into Halo. I’d rather play with someone who tries to do well and keeps positive but struggles with keeping a positive k/d than some whiny, try hard who goes 20-5 consistently.

5. Stats at the end of the day, are meaningless.
When a game drops, you want to be the best and remain the best. But the thing is, once the next game drops, no one really cares how good you were in the past. You can be a level 50 in Halo 2, but play like -Yoink- in Halo 5. When Halo 6 drops, your stats don’t carry over. The only stats you should be caring about are the things in real life that matter, such as your health, finances, and relationships.

I stopped caring after I got hit with the JIP curse. Now it’s a free fall to the bottom for me.

also KD doesnt show you being a team player. what i mean by that is going 8-8 with 12 assist is a lot more meaningful to your team then going 12-4 no assist.
plus once you play so much if it took you some time to get into the groove or improve then your stats are so padded it takes forever to get them back up.

Halo was never about stats until competitive ranks were removed in favor of guaranteed social progression that encouraged only individual performance and barely even that. Thanks, Reach.

I wish ranks really meant something in this game, but with the current state of the match-making and lack of party restrictions, it’s pretty hard to take that seriously. Ranking up is not difficult if you have a full team and get mostly lower ranked randoms as opponents.

> 2533274890584596;4:
> Halo was never about stats until competitive ranks were removed in favor of guaranteed social progression that encouraged only individual performance and barely even that. Thanks, Reach.
>
> I wish ranks really meant something in this game, but with the current state of the match-making and lack of party restrictions, it’s pretty hard to take that seriously. Ranking up is not difficult if you have a full team and get mostly lower ranked randoms as opponents.

or if you get a couple of smurfs to play list and numerous champ accounts have shown us

> 2533274890584596;4:
> Halo was never about stats until competitive ranks were removed in favor of guaranteed social progression that encouraged only individual performance and barely even that. Thanks, Reach.
>
> I wish ranks really meant something in this game, but with the current state of the match-making and lack of party restrictions, it’s pretty hard to take that seriously. Ranking up is not difficult if you have a full team and get mostly lower ranked randoms as opponents.

I also find ranking up to Onyx is too easy with a team of even 2-3 people. You can achieve Onyx in about 12-15 games whereas achieving a level 40 in Halo 2 or 3 may take months (or in my case, years).

> 2533274913126156;6:
> > 2533274890584596;4:
> > Halo was never about stats until competitive ranks were removed in favor of guaranteed social progression that encouraged only individual performance and barely even that. Thanks, Reach.
> >
> > I wish ranks really meant something in this game, but with the current state of the match-making and lack of party restrictions, it’s pretty hard to take that seriously. Ranking up is not difficult if you have a full team and get mostly lower ranked randoms as opponents.
>
>
> I also find ranking up to Onyx is too easy with a team of even 2-3 people. You can achieve Onyx in about 12-15 games whereas achieving a level 40 in Halo 2 or 3 may take months (or in my case, years).

It depends on what playlist you rank in for me slayer is pretty hard for me n I was pretty good in the old halos getting into 50 in several playlists also it gets harder each season just a thought

> 2533274962052570;7:
> > 2533274913126156;6:
> > > 2533274890584596;4:
> > > Halo was never about stats until competitive ranks were removed in favor of guaranteed social progression that encouraged only individual performance and barely even that. Thanks, Reach.
> > >
> > > I wish ranks really meant something in this game, but with the current state of the match-making and lack of party restrictions, it’s pretty hard to take that seriously. Ranking up is not difficult if you have a full team and get mostly lower ranked randoms as opponents.
> >
> >
> > I also find ranking up to Onyx is too easy with a team of even 2-3 people. You can achieve Onyx in about 12-15 games whereas achieving a level 40 in Halo 2 or 3 may take months (or in my case, years).
>
>
> It depends on what playlist you rank in for me slayer is pretty hard for me n I was pretty good in the old halos getting into 50 in several playlists also it gets harder each season just a thought

as it should too. I think when your rank resets every month, it still takes in account of your previous rank. so if you were an onyx last season, chances are you’ll be facing more diamonds/onyx players in placement matches…I think…or at least it feels that way XD

Competitive players look for improvement on stats. Thats what matters. “I used to have 1.5 KD, but it’s gone up to 1.8. I’ve improved. I’ve gotten better.” Thats the only reason to track stats for me. That and of course, always trying to be better than the next guy. That compeitive streak, that desire to be better than everyone else not for glory, not for attention. Just to be the best at something that’s not easy to do. To achieve something for yourself and constantly fight, constantly compete to be the top. That’s really what stats are for. To see how you can improve, and to reach goals.

I have never really cared about stats… Halo is supposed to be fun and constantly playing just for stats isn’t fun. I play to win games by using what ever it takes to win. You really can’t worry about stats in H5 because to me they have the worse stat system. About all they have done right is keep warzone stuff separate from arena. But in arena all modes affect your stats even casual stuff… FFA gives you a loss unless you actually get first. To me getting the achievements and commendations are better than worrying a about stats.

Players with high KDs usually aren’t that good and won’t help a team actually win. They are playing for their “stats”… Kinda like this player awhile back on here bragging he got an unfigginbelieveable or what ever it was… the 25 kills in a row and no deaths… but his team lost. Sure it was cool to get I suppose but in the end the team lost.

The only stat that matters on Halo 5 is WINNING. Just the way it ought to be!!!