5 per week? That's a lot.

5 Spops missions each week? What are these missions gonna be like in terms of length? If they’re too short, they’re not gonna be worth it. Too long, and some people probably won’t have the time to blast through all of them in a week.

That’s like half of CE’s Campaign every week. I mean, I’m not in full-time work right now, but I could be soon and I doubt a lot of fans have the time to keep up with such a torrent of new content bursting forth constantly.

I’m thinking 2 missions per week would be a better rate.

I’m sure it’ll balance out nicely. They say when it’s all said and done, it will be about as long as the campaign. 5 a week over several months to equal 8-12 hours could work out very well.

> I’m sure it’ll balance out nicely. They say when it’s all said and done, it will be about as long as the campaign. 5 a week over several months to equal 8-12 hours could work out very well.

Yes, but the other problem is hard drive space if they are downloadable.

I think they should have a monthly break after one week of missions. And I’m guessing each mission should have around 20 minutes of gameplay on average. Add in a 3 minute cutscene and WA-BAM!

5 per week? Source? :open_mouth:

Think microsft need to up the cloud storage or even give cloud storage Specific to halo 4.

> Think microsft need to up the cloud storage or even give cloud storage Specific to halo 4.

Haha. What’s the point of that. Sparton Ops is free. Just delete if you have to.

Ah, wonderful, the Internet again decided to not post what I said.

Allow me to illustrate with an example the confusion I’m feeling with regards to the narrative structure of each week’s missions:

If it’s like Pillar of Autumn → Halo → Truth and Reccy → TSC → AotCR, with each mission comparable to each of those levels… that’s gonna be hard to keep up with.

if it’s more like John on a jaunt in New Mombasa while Thel takes on the Heretics above Threshold, i.e. separate, non-sequential missions, that will be easier to handle; pick and choose each mission without so much stress on the narrative link.

I think it will work out just fine…

I have a feeling that they’re not going to be the linear campaign levels that we expect.

If you listen to the Sparkast, they talk about how it is what Firefight fans have always asked for, if not inadvertently. I think instead of linear missions like in campaign, they will just be short objectives.

Such as: Defend this compound (firefight-type mission), or Sabotage this Enemy Camp etc So they’ll be pretty short in length.

I dont know. But Im sure it will be awesome!

Each mission won’t be as long as the main campaign levels, it’s obvious.

Well they did say it would be like a tv season so there will probably be breaks. Also I’m sure they will have enough material ready at launch to last quite a ways into 2013.

> I’m thinking 2 missions per week would be a better rate.

I hate you.

> > I’m thinking 2 missions per week would be a better rate.
>
> I hate you.

Always nice to meet a fan.

You guys probably have a point.

In which case it’s slightly less ambitious than I was anticipating. Which is good in terms of consuming it, I suppose. If each of these missions is like a fifth of a level size, then I suppose that’s manageable.

I would guess five ten minute missions. The thing I’m worried about is if it will just rehash campaign environments, because I would not like that at all. If they’re making a co-op campaign, make a co-op campaign, not firerfight with some story… Y’know what I mean?

i heard it was one a week for quite a few monthes maybe even a year

> i heard it was one a week for quite a few monthes maybe even a year

Check your source. Because they are wrong.

> Ah, wonderful, the Internet again decided to not post what I said.
>
> Allow me to illustrate with an example the confusion I’m feeling with regards to the narrative structure of each week’s missions:
>
> If it’s like Pillar of Autumn → Halo → Truth and Reccy → TSC → AotCR, with each mission comparable to each of those levels… that’s gonna be hard to keep up with.
>
> if it’s more like John on a jaunt in New Mombasa while Thel takes on the Heretics above Threshold, i.e. separate, non-sequential missions, that will be easier to handle; pick and choose each mission without so much stress on the narrative link.

As long as they can be downloaded again any time after release then there’s nothing wrong with it. I understand you may think it’s too much but the whole idea of it is to keep players coming back for more, if you are wanting to play them all, they have suceeded in bringing you back.

You may not be able to keep up as easily but for others, the next release won’t come soon enough.

The way I’ve come to understand it from the quotes by David Ellis I’ve seen is that you won’t have to play all 5 in the week they were released. It will be possible to get caught up on previous content before you begin the newly released “episode”.

I wonder if once we’ve downloaded them we can play them over and over again, or whether they are like Challenges and just disappear when the next ones come out…