4v5 Games Need to Stop...NOW

For some reason 343 has decided that if the system finds 9 people, the game just might as well start 4v5 rather than finding one more person. I first I assumed this was product of the crappily implemented join in progress system, and that matchmaking would try to fill someone in. But last night I realized this is not the case: join in progress only fills in players that have quit, and if a game starts 4v5, 4 players is the most the one team will ever have.

THIS IS AWFUL, ESPECIALLY IN OBJECTIVE GAMES.

Being down a player is a huge disadvantage, and there’s absolutely no positives to starting a game 30 seconds earlier if the game is going to devolve into a revolving door of griefing. I’m now terrified of playing Objective games by myself, or even in a non 5-party since the system seems to prefer placing parties in the down-a-player situation.

Please 343, you’ve made some pretty good improvements to Objective in Halo 4 (although I hope to see more custom game options, a topic for another thread). Don’t throw it all away because of some ridiculous oversight.

Could not agree more 3 of my friends and myself tried to play koth and 5 games we went in was 4 on 5

This join progress is my only gripe so far in h4

4 v 5 isn’t really an issue; what is though, is the consistent 5v3/4v2 in king of the hill I was in early this morning. I actually felt bad for the enemy teams.

All of this. I played 4v5 2 games in a row today. Sucks being forced to play a game you know you’ll lose even if everyone is working together and out-slaying the other team. They won if you were wondering. They would’ve had to be the worst players ever to lose in that situation. Especially KOTH.

I agree. This needs to be addressed IMMEDIATELY. There is no excuse for games to start with uneven teams.

4v5 isn’t that bad

Starting BTB 3v8 and team slayer 2v4 is bad.

> 4v5 isn’t that bad
>
> Starting BTB 3v8 and team slayer 2v4 is bad.

I’ve started team slayer 1vs4, the game was half over before any new players joined.

[deleted]

wow, that may actually be true.

343i made such a great sandbox, and most of the maps are great. That’s the hardest part of balancing the game. But the most easy and basic element, teams starting in even numbers, they get wrong? What the hell?

Queuing with 3 pals and myself then getting matched against 5 random people isn’t fun at all. Shouldn’t start unless 10 are in the lobby.

> 4v5 isn’t that bad
>
> Starting BTB 3v8 and team slayer 2v4 is bad.

That is actually a separate issue, that of the rampant quitting JIP promotes.

The 4v5 issue is way worse and way less excusable, since it has nothing to do with player behavior it all. It’s simply the system not waiting for 1 extra player for NO REASON AT ALL. And like I said in the first post, it has nothing to do with Join In Progress. Join In Progress can only replace players that have quit, not add players to the 4-player team.

i really hate the join in system! if i search alone i always get put on the losing side! and the losing side could be more that 20 kills or so down! it makes it very little fun to play by myself! always feel as though i have to play with a full party and it should not be like that!

Yeah, my friends and I have pretty much decided to not touch KotH or CtF without a full team because being permanently down one or two players can really screw you over.

On the Join in Progress thing, I don’t mind so much as long as I get to have some fun before we lose… but when I get chucked into a game with the enemy team controlling all power weapons, having powerful ordinance drops and controlling the vehicles to the point that I spawn and die several times in a row… that’s not fun. That’s “Screw this, I’m going to go play something else for a while”.

343 says JIP is balanced. Maybe you guys need to adapt to the new system that is like other modern shooters?

I am having this issue too. I’m getting stuck with 5v4 and 3v4 games. Do not want.

> 343 says JIP is balanced. Maybe you guys need to adapt to the new system that is like other modern shooters?

Can’t believe no one has already pointed this out. Pretty funny post.

> > 343 says JIP is balanced. Maybe you guys need to adapt to the new system that is like other modern shooters?
>
> Can’t believe no one has already pointed this out. Pretty funny post.

Yeah, I’m gunna have to agree here. That guy has no idea what he’s even talkin about. Lmao!

Agreed OP,it has to be EVEN teams to start a match.
The amount of uneven games I have played is comical.

Agreed. This would be fine in a game like COD where teamwork isn’t necessary but in a game like this where every member counts it is crucial to have a full team.

Make the games 4v4 if this keeps being a problem. I hate losing and I feel like I keep getting put on teams of 3 vs 4 or 5 this is not what I expected. This is not Halo.