4 types of grenades again??

i am sure that this subject has been talked about many times but it has came to my knowledge that there are 4 grenade type icons in a photo http://imageshack.us/f/843/halo4mpbreakdown.png/ i wonder if it is a teaser or is it true that we will get 4 types of grenades again cuz if so then hell YES i say… i really miss the spike grenade.

and if those who says nah to this then shame on u to think the Promethean AI’s are above using grenades

There is the spike, plasma, and frag grenade. Which one am I forgetting about?

And yes the return of the spike grenade would be awesome. However that would probably depend on if the Brutes make an appearance in the game.

If you watch the Halo 4 E3 Campaign trailer/gameplay, you’ll notice Chief has four frags as well.

For the MP it’s going to be different though. I believe you start off with two frags on spawn (more if you pick grenadier tactical package, so that’s three on spawn). This ties in with the loadouts since we can also determine what grenades we can bring into battle.

So far it’s just frags and stickies. We don’t know what the other two types are.

Hmm. That is interesting. I haven’t seen this before. I certainly hope that this is true and there are 4 grenade types, but my initial thought is that I don’t think there will be because in the MLG footage there doesn’t look like there is the same HUD anymore (no 4 grenade slots, just frag/plas)

If there is I really really hope that they treat spike grenades and flame grenades (or their equivalent) to be pseudo-powerweapons. Starting with standard grenades would be nice, and then having spike/fire grenades as a powerweapon of sorts spawning on the map to control would be interesting. They wouldn’t have a direct effect like picking up rockets, but they would be marginally more powerful than their “standard” grenade equivalents. That way, they would be desired more and maybe even fought over (another way to move combat to different focal points around the map).

Def. 4 types, more than likely the square is a place holder icon as is the lunar eclipse looking one. And the motion tracker, that’s how the new motion tracker is, nothing to do with any AA.

> Def. 4 types, more than likely the square is a place holder icon as is the lunar eclipse looking one. And the motion tracker, that’s how the new motion tracker is, nothing to do with any AA.

wtf are you talking about??

Yeah, there’ll probably be 4 grenade types, unless 343 decided to cut them. Perhaps some kind of Forerunner grenade?

> Yeah, there’ll probably be 4 grenade types, unless 343 decided to cut them. Perhaps some kind of Forerunner grenade?

they wouldnt cut it since they put it in gameinformer

pretty sure they announced that there would be four types of grenades a while back on the GI issue

> > Yeah, there’ll probably be 4 grenade types, unless 343 decided to cut them. Perhaps some kind of Forerunner grenade?
>
> they wouldnt cut it since they put it in gameinformer

How do you know? The version they showed in GI was an older build.

Last I checked, there were only 3 types of grenades. Notice in the GI image how the “grenade” on the right has no image, but a count of 2. Notice also how the player is carrying 2 frag grenades. Coincidence? I think not.

> Last I checked, there were only 3 types of grenades. Notice in the GI image how the “grenade” on the right has no image, but a count of 2. Notice also how the player is carrying 2 frag grenades. Coincidence? I think not.

do u think that 343i would put anything extra up there for an official release of info on gameinformer i think not my friend

> Last I checked, there were only 3 types of grenades. Notice in the GI image how the “grenade” on the right has no image, but a count of 2. Notice also how the player is carrying 2 frag grenades. Coincidence? I think not.

Makes sense. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

> > Last I checked, there were only 3 types of grenades. Notice in the GI image how the “grenade” on the right has no image, but a count of 2. Notice also how the player is carrying 2 frag grenades. Coincidence? I think not.
>
> do u think that 343i would put anything extra up there for an official release of info on gameinformer i think not my friend

I would imagine that HUD and UI elements would, at the very least, have placeholders if not final candidates in place.

It would be neat if they made a Promethean grenade that made the player disintegrate like the scattershot does.

I want my other two grenades back. Spike grenades were loads of fun, and incendiary were badass.

There are 3 types there…

The icon from the first is removed because it’s selected.

Ya’know, cause it’s a frag grenade.

These forums…

It was about time that Halo dropped that aspect of difficulty emphasis.

I had to waste my frags on Jackals in H3 and Reach. It’s simply not fun shooting them. If you don’t have a BR/Carbine/DMR/Needle Rifle, shooting them is just unbearable.

2 per each grenades works for mp, not campaign. The fact that H4 Chief had 4 grenades is evidence that 343 are finally distinguishing mp from campaign. Bungie mistreated campaign and mp. Threw things from each into the other, with barely any changes. Sierra 117 mission start starting weapons and hijacking Banshees on The Covenant are the foremost examples of why this is a bad thing.

And let’s… not forget about pushed-in invisible barriers and 10 second countdowns.

I think that if there is a 4th type it would be some kind of promethean grenade, that would be interesting, something like an EMP grenade or something lol

> I think that if there is a 4th type it would be some kind of promethean grenade, that would be interesting, something like an EMP grenade or something lol

i want a forerunner grenade that can disintegrate people much like there weapons do. or a emp kind of grenade would be -Yoinking!- GREAT great for shield and vehicles and not many games have thoses too