4 Minor Complaints

I’d like to start off by saying I do love this game, however like most good things there is still quite a bit to complain about. Here are my thoughts.

1: Boltshot
First and foremost, I like this weapon. Nice rate of fire, headshot capable, decent clipsize yadda yadda. But is there seriously a point of having the charge kill range longer than a shotgun’s kill range? Seriously, I think this is stupid. You should not be able to spawn with a weapon that can instantly kill in a range longer than that of the shotgun, even if it eats half your clip.

2: Joining in progress
Yay, another JIP complaint. You don’t need me to tell you that joining a game that is already a lost cause is stupid. Moving on.

3: Video complaint
As an occasional machinima maker, I really don’t understand why you can’t lower your weapon online. “Because, idiot, it prevents exploits.” Has there even been any exploits that are caused by lowering you weapon in the previous games? Not that I am aware of. I’d also like to throw in, as this also deals with videos, why in the unholy hell can you not go into theater with friends? Seriously. Why not?

4: Custom game options
Now, before you smack me in the face with flames, let me start of by saying I don’t really make custom game modes, but I do feel for the creative minds out there. Now then, let me ask. Why the hell would 343 remove game modes that have been present as early as Halo 2? Seriously? Where is Assault? Where is Juggernaut? I don’t care too much for Race, but I understand the people that like it. Where is Territories? Sure, you can argue Dominion replaces it, but screw you, I want territories. I mean, Assault was a great game mode. Juggernaut was never really present in matchmaking, but it is still a fun custom game mode to go to every now and then. If 343 can add previously unofficial game modes such as Zombies (previous known as Infection, now known as Flood) and Grifball, why in the name of God do they remove good game modes?

Rant over, place your opinions.
Also, still love this game.

Agreed on all points, especially the join in progress! What is the point in keeping track of wins and losses if it makes you join a team that is losing horribly and the team has given up trying?

Despite this ruining my K/D, I don’t like how it looks like I’ve lost more than I realistically should have.

I’m not really a competitive player, so I don’t really care about my K/D, although it is pretty good.

> 1: Boltshot
> First and foremost, I like this weapon. Nice rate of fire, headshot capable, decent clipsize yadda yadda. But is there seriously a point of having the charge kill range longer than a shotgun’s kill range? Seriously, I think this is stupid. You should not be able to spawn with a weapon that can instantly kill in a range longer than that of the shotgun, even if it eats half your clip.

Both the charge duration and clip vampire make the boltshot an in between weapon between the plasma pistol and the shotgun. It is not stupid to pick up something that can stand to a Promethean enemy. Likewise, in multiplayer it isn’t used as much so it is bearable to have. Players usually go for the Lightrifle instead of the Boltshot because of it. If any new OP weapon has been introduced for discussion dibs, it would have to be the beautiful 4-8 clip incinerator.

> 2: Joining in progress
> Yay, another JIP complaint. You don’t need me to tell you that joining a game that is already a lost cause is stupid. Moving on.

Simple logic would be “Do your best.” Winning as a team is great, but unlike previous halo’s you are not penalized in Halo 4 for losing in a team. Your specializations, commendations, and rank is based on your performance in the game. Meaning you do your job!

> 3: Video complaint
> As an occasional machinima maker, I really don’t understand why you can’t lower your weapon online. “Because, idiot, it prevents exploits.” Has there even been any exploits that are caused by lowering you weapon in the previous games? Not that I am aware of. I’d also like to throw in, as this also deals with videos, why in the unholy hell can you not go into theater with friends? Seriously. Why not?

Theater complaint = seriously? The deal is that 343i has created a ton of DLC content running in between Waypoint and the game itself. Somehow in a few months from now your answer will seem a lot more clearer but for now, it is due to solo accomplishments and terminals. Nothing is wrong with that though. If you are a machinima maker, then you can easily capture/record anything you want to show & tell. It’s no biggy.

As for lowering your weapon; relax. If it becomes a worthy cause, they might implement it on a later patch. The game did just come out recently, so give them a little slack. :slight_smile:

> 4: Custom game options
> Now, before you smack me in the face with flames, let me start of by saying I don’t really make custom game modes, but I do feel for the creative minds out there. Now then, let me ask. Why the hell would 343 remove game modes that have been present as early as Halo 2? Seriously? Where is Assault? Where is Juggernaut? I don’t care too much for Race, but I understand the people that like it. Where is Territories? Sure, you can argue Dominion replaces it, but screw you, I want territories. I mean, Assault was a great game mode. Juggernaut was never really present in matchmaking, but it is still a fun custom game mode to go to every now and then. If 343 can add previously unofficial game modes such as Zombies (previous known as Infection, now known as Flood) and Grifball, why in the name of God do they remove good game modes?
>
> Rant over, place your opinions.
> Also, still love this game.

Simple yet again: Halo 4 is != Halo 2. Therefore Halo 4 will have Halo 4 content, and previous versions will have previous version content. Previous playlist might end up in Halo 4 as time goes on as this is really just a new game title still but take a chill pill over previous gametypes and forge options.

> > 1: Boltshot
> > First and foremost, I like this weapon. Nice rate of fire, headshot capable, decent clipsize yadda yadda. But is there seriously a point of having the charge kill range longer than a shotgun’s kill range? Seriously, I think this is stupid. You should not be able to spawn with a weapon that can instantly kill in a range longer than that of the shotgun, even if it eats half your clip.
>
> Both the charge duration and clip vampire make the boltshot an in between weapon between the plasma pistol and the shotgun. It is not stupid to pick up something that can stand to a Promethean enemy. Likewise, in multiplayer it isn’t used as much so it is bearable to have. Players usually go for the Lightrifle instead of the Boltshot because of it. If any new OP weapon has been introduced for discussion dibs, it would have to be the beautiful 4-8 clip incinerator.
>
>
>
> > 2: Joining in progress
> > Yay, another JIP complaint. You don’t need me to tell you that joining a game that is already a lost cause is stupid. Moving on.
>
> Simple logic would be “Do your best.” Winning as a team is great, but unlike previous halo’s you are not penalized in Halo 4 for losing in a team. Your specializations, commendations, and rank is based on your performance in the game. Meaning you do your job!
>
>
>
> > 3: Video complaint
> > As an occasional machinima maker, I really don’t understand why you can’t lower your weapon online. “Because, idiot, it prevents exploits.” Has there even been any exploits that are caused by lowering you weapon in the previous games? Not that I am aware of. I’d also like to throw in, as this also deals with videos, why in the unholy hell can you not go into theater with friends? Seriously. Why not?
>
> Theater complaint = seriously? The deal is that 343i has created a ton of DLC content running in between Waypoint and the game itself. Somehow in a few months from now your answer will seem a lot more clearer but for now, it is due to solo accomplishments and terminals. Nothing is wrong with that though. If you are a machinima maker, then you can easily capture/record anything you want to show & tell. It’s no biggy.
>
> As for lowering your weapon; relax. If it becomes a worthy cause, they might implement it on a later patch. The game did just come out recently, so give them a little slack. :slight_smile:
>
>
>
> > 4: Custom game options
> > Now, before you smack me in the face with flames, let me start of by saying I don’t really make custom game modes, but I do feel for the creative minds out there. Now then, let me ask. Why the hell would 343 remove game modes that have been present as early as Halo 2? Seriously? Where is Assault? Where is Juggernaut? I don’t care too much for Race, but I understand the people that like it. Where is Territories? Sure, you can argue Dominion replaces it, but screw you, I want territories. I mean, Assault was a great game mode. Juggernaut was never really present in matchmaking, but it is still a fun custom game mode to go to every now and then. If 343 can add previously unofficial game modes such as Zombies (previous known as Infection, now known as Flood) and Grifball, why in the name of God do they remove good game modes?
> >
> > Rant over, place your opinions.
> > Also, still love this game.
>
> Simple yet again: Halo 4 is != Halo 2. Therefore Halo 4 will have Halo 4 content, and previous versions will have previous version content. Previous playlist might end up in Halo 4 as time goes on as this is really just a new game title still but take a chill pill over previous gametypes and forge options.

You are ignoring most of my points really.
1: Have you played the multiplayer at all? You can spawn with the LR AND a Boltshot. The Bolshot is a secondary weapon. Sorry, but I run into a lot of Boltshotters, and you still ignored my point. It should not have a longer kill range than a shotgun.
2: What? That has nothing to do with what I said. It is annoying to join a game and literally 30 seconds later it is over. Waste of my time.
3:If I want to show my buddies something funny I did in theater, I should be allowed to do so. I shouldn’t have to go out of my way, make a clip, and upload it to my file share. Halo 3 had it right. Quick and easy.
4: I know Halo 4 is not Halo 2, pointless argument you are making. My point is that they should not have removed good game modes that have been here for over half of Halo’s lifespan.

All in all, you’re arguments are weak.

> You are ignoring most of my points really.
> 1: Have you played the multiplayer at all? You can spawn with the LR AND a Boltshot. The Bolshot is a secondary weapon. Sorry, but I run into a lot of Boltshotters, and you still ignored my point. It should not have a longer kill range than a shotgun.
> 2: What? That has nothing to do with what I said. It is annoying to join a game and literally 30 seconds later it is over. Waste of my time.
> 3:If I want to show my buddies something funny I did in theater, I should be allowed to do so. I shouldn’t have to go out of my way, make a clip, and upload it to my file share. Halo 3 had it right. Quick and easy.
> 4: I know Halo 4 is not Halo 2, pointless argument you are making. My point is that they should not have removed good game modes that have been here for over half of Halo’s lifespan.
>
> All in all, you’re arguments are weak.

Thank you for summing your thread up. Unfortunately the tone has changed from a few semi-legit concerns to just total butthurted reasons. Here is a wake-up call: Game-modes are defined by the game title they are started. They do not define a game. Therefore if you are bent on having them, go play the title providing them.

Otherwise you need to take a chill pill and wait for what 343i has in store for Halo 4, and learn to adapt.

PS: learn to use quote tags properly