4 Ideas combined in one Gigant Enemy (Caution: Long Text! :p)

I have an cool idea over a gigant enemy for Halo 4 (or 5/6).
It should be similar to the scarab from Halo 3 or Halo 3 ODST.

I realy like the idea, because I actually dreamed of playing Halo 4 an this enemy was in there. (Normal I don´t dream of playing XBox games :p).

Ok here we go:

• It was something like a big Elephant; looked very similar. But: 3-4x bigger. It was not a Mini-Base. IT was a real base. It was used by evil rebells or some other evil humans. It drives realy slow around, but if you manage somehow to get under the tracks you die. But the tracks are not your main problem:
    There are like 20 different Turrents (including Anti-Air) and a lot of rebell-guards on it, which also armed with sniper-rifles.
    So: After you killed the other enemys and vehicles around the “Mammoth” you have to kill the snipers and some of the turrets first.

Not all turrets are killable. And the “Mammoth” drives circles, so it takes time to kill the most of it’s defense-systems.
But then you can make a run for it and try to storm it. The inmortal turrets are not so dangerous; but they should keep the pressure.

You can enter it here:
Destroy some of the side-palting, and you open a small enterance.
You can run to the back and use a button to slowly open the gigant-back door. But some enemys will await you here.
You can board it with a jump on it´s roof (very difficult, only a good idea if you have an air-vehicle). Then you will find some unlocked doors on it´s topside.
You can force-open the back door with a spanker or spartan-laser. That causes an small explosion that kills the guards behind it.
You can enter thorugh a small, hidden ladder between the tracks… which is a bit dangerous, as you can imagine.

Inside are more rebell-guards also with heavy armor and weapons. So it will not be a relaxed walk.

Inside are many rooms like:
2 or 3 weapon-chambers where you can get sniper-rifles, shotguns or Grenades … and other things.
One hanger behind the backdoor. There are some Moongoose in it, and may be a Warthog, or other rebell-vehicles.
Also there is a way up to the cockpit. You can´t drive the vehicle because it runs on autopilot and the consoles are password protected. And your goal is to destroy it, not drive it.

Destroying it:
It is very hard to blow this thing up, much harder than a small scarab.
First you have to reach the cockpit, where you have to open the door engine rooms. That means you have to deal with the “Captain” of the Mammoth. And he hates Spartans…
If you have done that, you can walk down throgh the hanger or other rooms down. [It should be waypointed, so you don´t hang up.]
The engine rooms are between the tracks of the vehicle in the lowest floor.
The engines are big and look cool, but you can´t simply destroy them with a grenade or something. You have to enter a small, dark hole (similar to an air-vent).
It is dark, loud and everything is realy closely. You have to crough inside the way.
Your goal is to reach the cooling-pump-controll of the vehicles nuclear reactor. The ways you crawl throgh were never meant to be maintenance-ways.
Also the small passage moves thorugh the vehicle like a serpentine-road. So it takes time to crawl through it. And there are some side ways… all unusable dead ends. It is
realy a small maze. And each “Mammoth” is build in this part a bit different.
You should realy feel the tightness.

After you find the cooling-pump-control in a small room, you can simply melee it. The “Mammoth” stops now and goes into an code-red-status. After some seconds red lights turn on
and an alarm starts. You have to go out fast! A Timer with 60 or 90 Seconds left appears. You have to crawl the whole way back. And then, when you think you are out of the maze:
you see a heavy seal on the exit. You have to go back (follow the waypoints) to the controll to manual override the reactor-room-seal. Steam and fire break through the walls
now. The enemys you didn´t killed try to make distance to the “Mammoth” now aswell.
After you manage to escape the dark, tight maze you run between the burning engines now out. The timer should be on not more than 25 or max. 30 Seconds now. You should be able
to run away by foot… but you can use a Moongoose or an other vehicle aswell. Well, if you opened the back door.

Sure, the escaping enemys try to kill you: they are very angry.
If the timer reaches 00:00 and the enemys (or the small explosions(?)) didn´t killed you, you will see a very big boom:
First of the plating blows of the vehicle. 0.2 Seconds later a gigant flash blinds you, even if you don´t look straight into it. Then you hear a deep loud rumble and a fireball
ascent. Followed from a dark mushroom-cloud. It should be a realy, realy fat nuclear explosion. Halo still lags in this aspect.

The vehicle should be nearly total gone, may be only the tracks and parts of the cockpit and the engines should be findable… somewehre. And some weapon lockers: for gameplay
reason. (To change your shotgun into a rifle again, or something like that)

The blast kills all enemys who were to close to it, but not all. Now you have to deal with them and it´s done.

It is important, that you are able to run away by foot, if you exit the vehicle at 10-15 seconds left it should be still doable. Otherwise it would be to hard to escape. But you should die if you are to close to it.
It should have a much bigger killradius than the scarabs (Halo 3) or the AAA (Halo:Reach) had.
The Killradius could be also raise if you choose an higher difficulty.

It could be some kind of “Boss”-Enemy-unit. May be at 1/2 or 2/3 at the campaign.

Long text, I know. What you think?

BTW: you also can tread the ideas here as many ideas. The main ideas to this text were:

• A bigger “Gigant-Kill-Enemys-Thing” (like the scarab); but more tricky to kill
    combined with:
  • Countdown-Timer-Based “Hog-Runs”- or “Run-Away”-Parts
    combined with:
  • dark, tight crawling areas (which stand VS the open landscapes and the feeling of beeing free)
    and combined with:
  • A very fat nuclear explosion that blinds you over seconds with a fireball and a mushroom-cloud.Hope my english isn’t to bad. Cuz’ iam from Spain.

I like your idea, I can imagine every detail in my head.

Too well detailed, that’s what I gather from skim reading. You have a great imagination! :smiley:

Sounds like a Star Wars sand crawler on steroids. I can’t really see it working but that might just be me.

I like your idea, exept the fact that you have to seek a switch for the closed door. I think I know why you mentioned it; but there are “safer” ways to push the tension/pressure.
It would be OK for me, if you can melee-open the door, too.

This things would be a nice repalcement for the Halo-Reach-Flaks or the Scarabs in Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST. I call these things now Very-Fat-Enemys (VFE).
Would be great, if there will be (at least) 2 of these fat crawlers; so 1st: you learn about them; and 2nd you can use the concept, that they are a bit different. Also you can use other ways to kill em (similar to Halo 3: killing a scarab).

But I think, the game needs “normal” VFE like Scarabs or similar, too. So the crawler would fit in a bit better.

The last thing is: Yes, the nuclear boom is a very good idea! (Do i need to cause it?)

P.S.: If it would be drivable, it could be placed also in a multiplayer map. Would be a huge push for “Fails of the Weak” if this thing respawns XDDDD

> I like your idea, exept the fact that you have to seek a switch for the closed door. I think I know why you mentioned it; but there are “safer” ways to push the tension/pressure.
> It would be OK for me, if you can melee-open the door, too.
>
> This things would be a nice repalcement for the Halo-Reach-Flaks or the Scarabs in Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST. I call these things now Very-Fat-Enemys (VFE).
> Would be great, if there will be (at least) 2 of these fat crawlers; so 1st: you learn about them; and 2nd you can use the concept, that they are a bit different. Also you can use other ways to kill em (similar to Halo 3: killing a scarab).
>
> But I think, the game needs “normal” VFE like Scarabs or similar, too. So the crawler would fit in a bit better.
>
> The last thing is: Yes, the nuclear boom is a very good idea! (Do i need to cause it?)
>
> P.S.: If it would be drivable, it could be placed also in a multiplayer map. Would be a huge push for “Fails of the Weak” if this thing respawns XDDDD

It should not be in multiplayer as a vehicle but how about the multiplayer map is this VFE the OP was talking about. I think it could be a very good 4v4 map.