3rd person mode

i was wondering, why has there not been a third person mode? all the vehicles and turrets are, and halo feels natural built for 3rd person. you may disagree, but i dont think anyone ever claimed that grand theft auto would work in 1st person and yet theyre doing that. what do you guys think? just as a side mode? :slight_smile: and i know ill get a lot of ‘its a stupid pointless idea’, but you could say that about literally anything in the game including infection, we dont need infection to play halo, but we damn sure want it!

3rd person is an okay idea but you wont get the same cinematic feeling. 1st person you feel like you’re being the character and seeing things through the eyes of that character. 3rd person is okay if you like to see what you’re character looks like and gives a different feel but the point of view way should stick

i love halo 3rd person… thats why gears of war is one of my favorite franchises.

this should not happen. Sorry. Halo is a fps. Maybe make an expansion with a few modes third person, but I think it would cease to be halo.

Have it be an option for custom games.

oh i should have clarified, not a full title, that would be a terrible idea. but i mean just a custom game option, cause why not? people come up with crazy game type, who knows what they might think of?

Yes, please.

NO!!! HALO IS AN FPS

Why cant it be an option in the settings menu you could just switch it to third person and if you dont like it switch back there dosent have to be a custom game mode for it like take for example Halo reach you could pick your species either Elite or Spartan whichever you preferred so first person view or third person View whichever you prefer.

> 2533274811851514;2:
> 3rd person is an okay idea but you wont get the same cinematic feeling. 1st person you feel like you’re being the character and seeing things through the eyes of that character. 3rd person is okay if you like to see what you’re character looks like and gives a different feel but the point of view way should stick

> 2533274805019155;4:
> this should not happen. Sorry. Halo is a fps. Maybe make an expansion with a few modes third person, but I think it would cease to be halo.

> 2533274965065899;8:
> NO!!! HALO IS AN FPS

You just hate change, don’t you? Halo needs to evolve. Times change, and so Halo needs to also.

> You just hate change, don’t you? Halo needs to evolve. Times change, and so Halo needs to also.

How is becoming a third person shooter evolving? You’re implying third person is inherently superior to first person. Do games need to be third person shooters in order to be modern or popular? Your statement even implies that 3rd person shooters are becoming the new trend, when in fact the polar opposite is true, they are still pretty damn rare.

There’s a time and place for “you hate change”, but this is just mindless.

I do not see how third person perspective would benefit Halo in any way. Would require aspects of the game to be redesigned, wouldn’t even attract anyone in the end, and I’m skeptical how well it would meld with the gameplay itself regardless.

Halo is just as likely to go 3rd person as Metal Gear going 1st person.

> 2533274819302824;11:
> > You just hate change, don’t you? Halo needs to evolve. Times change, and so Halo needs to also.
>
>
>
>
> How is becoming a third person shooter evolving? You’re implying third person is inherently superior to first person. Do games need to be third person shooters in order to be modern or popular? Your statement even implies that 3rd person shooters are becoming the new trend, when in fact the polar opposite is true, they are still pretty damn rare.
>
> There’s a time and place for “you hate change”, but this is just mindless.
>
> I do not see how third person perspective would benefit Halo in any way. Would require aspects of the game to be redesigned, wouldn’t even attract anyone in the end, and I’m skeptical how well it would meld with the gameplay itself regardless.

It was a parody/satire of everyone else. See how you claim it makes no sense? Thats how everybody feels when that’s said. There is no time or place for it, and it is always mindless. It has never once improved a debate and never will as it is destructive as well as an ad hominem fallacy.

That being said, I could apply what you said to anything. See:

How is modernization evolving? You’re implying that modern is inherently superior to older. Do games need to be modernized to popular?

I don’t see how modernization would benefit Halo in any way. They require aspects of the game to be redesigned, don’t even attract anyone in the end, and I’m skeptical how well it would meld with the gameplay itself regardless.

But, I digress. To the OP:

3rd person in an FPS is OP for so many reasons. If you ever played in first person when everyone had this option you would be setting yourself back in so many ways. (Ex. Field of view, see around corners, etc.)

Every game has had half 3rd person. I want everything in 1st person, but that’s just me. I guess as a bonus custom game option it would work. Cause I really want to drive vehicles in 1st person.

I don’t mind it being an option for custom games or even having a single playlist for it. But as for should Halo become 3rd person all together is a big no. Saying Halo has to evolve I understand, but that’s not evolution, it would become an entirely different game at that point. And with all the changes they are doing now, forcing players into 3rd person would indeed kill this game.

No, no, absolutely no.

I don’t think so, but not out of any “_______ IS NOT HALO” bs.
because of the excessive amount of resources such an addition would require, thousands of new animations, alternate hud elements, third person gameplay mechanics ( which probably wouldn’t mesh very well with halos map design).
Just not worth effort.

I’m just going to say, watching my Halo 4 clips in Third Person, over the shoulder with the HUD and reticule visible, is pretty awesome. Maybe we could have it as an option for custom games?

Would also like to point out that Halo was a TPS before it was and FPS.

i think 3rd person should be an optional setting and 3rd person aiming should be an optional setting

I absolutely AGREE it should have a 3rd person mode ,all games for that matter .Games are just point and shoot redundant button mashing trash anymore!! Once you play SKYRIM and switch back and forth when you want you can see all the possibility’s that should be REACHED! I have NOT bought COD for years ,It is mindless and Redundant but if they EVOLVED into COD 3rd person I would buy it and this goes for ANY FPS! There will always be new kids and people for the FPS market be point shoot and BUTTON MASH looking thru a gun .So be it ,Everybody would be happy with a OPTION like SKYRIM and it will happen in the future becuase they are starting to feel the stall of there FPS market! GTA realized it and sales are thru the roof with the option for both!