3rd Person Halo!

So I had an idea the other day of a 3rd person playlist/gametype in Halo 5 (or possibly Halo 6), kind of like what MW2 had way back in the day. I think it be cool to be able to actually see your armour in combat and I think it would be quite fun as maybe a social playlist or action sack type of gametype. Any thoughts?

I don’t know that is a pretty slippery slope. Halo has really always been a FPS, except for the spin off games. maybe just the ability to switch back and forth during the campaign like GTA5 did.

I’m going to say that I’d rather not. If you ask me, we already have enough 3rd person anyway, with all of the vehicles and turrets in game.

I think something similar to Gears of War, Saints Row, or Warframe would be pretty cool for a Halo game, but for the sake of balanced gameplay, only specific gamemodes having it (and only it) could be cool, but the least impactful way to add a sort of third person would be an idle animation that revolves around your spartan. It could work, but not without work.

No, thank you. There’s GOW for that and it does the job fine.

Halo was originally supposed to be a 3rd person shooter. I’m glad it’s not.

> 2533274870389366;6:
> Halo was originally supposed to be a 3rd person shooter. I’m glad it’s not.

Same here. If you want to see your Spartan, sit in a Warthog.

First-person perspective is a staple of the main Halo line of games. 3rd person has always existed with vehicle play, and has also existed with detachable turret weapons since Halo 3. There is enough 3rd person in Halo as is.

Gears of War: Halo Edition… I’d play it… lol

I think they changed that before Halo CE. was originally going to be 3rd person but they changed it. Halo wars works for me if I want something different.

I wouldn’t mind a 3rd person spin off game but it shouldn’t happen in a main tile, it could be a cool custom game feature though.

I think having a gametype in Action Sack where you play in third person could be interesting and fun, it would mix things up a bit, anyway. But having a whole game in third person? I dunno, Halo has generally worked well as a FPS.

Plus, before giving us a third person mode/game to let us see our armour, they would need to design good armour first.

Why not just have a spinoff game be in third-person? I mean just a playlist seems kinda dumb.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2727626560049884;7:
> > 2533274870389366;6:
> > Halo was originally supposed to be a 3rd person shooter. I’m glad it’s not.
>
> Same here. If you want to see your Spartan, sit in a Warthog.

lol

> 2533274870389366;6:
> Halo was originally supposed to be a 3rd person shooter. I’m glad it’s not.

Wasn’t it was originally going to be an RTS game then it was turned into a third person shooter. It basically was in development hell until MS said “SWIGGGTY SWOOTY!” to Bungie and bip bop BAM! Here we are now.

> 2535426003987045;15:
> > 2533274870389366;6:
> > Halo was originally supposed to be a 3rd person shooter. I’m glad it’s not.
>
> Wasn’t it was originally going to be an RTS game then it was turned into a third person shooter. It basically was in development hell until MS said “SWIGGGTY SWOOTY!” to Bungie and bip bop BAM! Here we are now.

I guess that’s the best way of putting it lol

No thanks. Halo is fine as an FPS.

> 2533274912984822;17:
> No thanks. Halo is fine as an FPS.

Sorry to say this but the last 6 years has made it clear that Halo’s FPS is hurting pretty badly.

how about ability to switch to 3rd person while using melee weapons - put it on reload, could be cool

> 2535426003987045;18:
> > 2533274912984822;17:
> > No thanks. Halo is fine as an FPS.
>
> Sorry to say this but the last 6 years has made it clear that Halo’s FPS is hurting pretty badly.

You mean to say the overall game. I’m talking strictly about first person shooting specifically. Halo doesn’t need to turn into a 3rd person shooter. Vehicles and walking with turrets are just fine.