343s problem

343s problem is that they want to make everyone happy,in a inerview a few days ago he mentioned that and thats <mark>COMLPETELY WRONG!</mark>

the problem are not the changes,the problem is how 343 thinks about h4

there are 3 different groups on this forum

  1. group:halo hardcore fans:WE played Halo since halo 1 and loved every single game till halo 3:odst or at least reach,most of us remained on the bungie.net forums(around 10% on this forum and around 90% in reality and bungie.net fourms),they want halo to evolve too but they dont want h4 to go too far away from its core(for example like sprint or perks)

  2. group:halo fun fans:they dont care much about halo,they want it to be different,exactly like reach cause they didnt experienced halo 2 or halo 3,they want halo to evolve(around 99% on this forum and around 10% in reality)

theres a little little third group on this forum:the people who played some previous games or even all,they want halo to “evolve” to star wars for some reason(sarcasm)(5% on this forum and 5% in reality)

so 343s problem is:they want to make halo 4 for everyone

1.problem: they think its the halo community on this forums and they are listening to group 2 while the biggest group group 1 (around 300,000 people) are not on these forums(look at the people who shortly joined this forum,around 10 posts but they are fighting for the br and no sprint and so on)

reach split the community and for me it seems like 343 is listening too much to group 2

i mean im no expert but if they try to make us all happy the game will fail cause you cant make a game for everyone without destroying what halo is/was,reach was too far away from halo and group 2 likes that

343 should decide between these groups,cause if 343 mixes the things every group likes into 1 game we will play reach 2 and it seems like h4 is going to this direction right now,i just hope its not too late(i mean it is but…) and 343 will still be able to change things,i mean they are working on it since 2008/2009,they still got at least 9 months left

and here the possible results if 343 decides for…

Group 1:halo 4 will be great,new things,old things,not too much changes,the amount of Max. players will raise immense and will stay constantly

Group 2:halo 4 will end up like reach,150,000 people playing it,till some get bored and what remains are 100,000

Group 3:same thing like Group 2

so 343 decide,btw want to do a little test? comment to which group you belong

Belong in group 1, trusts in sprint, but not the perks; casual gamer 90% of the time.
Enjoy every Halo to date.
You decide OP.

…I don’t think there would be such a huge amount of negative threads if 99% of this forum was in group 2…

Played Halo 3, ODST, and Reach.

Halo 3 > Reach

I am indifferent to Sprint ability in Halo 4.

I think you’re full of crap, give me your crystal ball and maybe I will believe you.

> Belong in group 1, trusts in sprint.

Massive contradiction.

Post discarded.

343 would do well to make the default experience a Halo experience while leaving these perks, loadouts and sprint crap to specialised playlists and custom games.

Satans, why are you so damn negative? It sounds like you just want to play Halo 2 or 3, so go play Halo 2 or 3. You are constantly bashing others and it gets pretty annoying.

(ready to hear you say I don’t care about Halo at all and haven’t even played the originals)

> Satans, why are you so damn negative? It sounds like you just want to play Halo 2 or 3, so go play Halo 2 or 3. You are constantly bashing others and it gets pretty annoying.
>
> (ready to hear you say I don’t care about Halo at all and haven’t even played the originals)

If by negative you mean cynical, than yea I’m “negative”. Sorry I’m not some raving fanboy looney who praises everything 343 says and does.

I can, will and do call out their -Yoink- while being excited for the good stuff.

Too bad there are so few good things.

Quoted instead of edited, my bad.

Oh, and fun fact, I’ve played every single Halo FPS through to completion on solo Legendary and have completed Halo Wars.

I care greatly about Halo. That’s why I want 343 to make a new HALO game and not some terrible cod rip off just for casuals.

> Quoted instead of edited, my bad.
>
> Oh, and fun fact, I’ve played every single Halo FPS through to completion on solo Legendary and have completed Halo Wars.
>
> I care greatly about Halo. That’s why I want 343 to make a new HALO game and not some terrible cod rip off just for casuals.

If you haven’t seen the 20 seconds of footage and all the press Halo 4 has had so far it is a NEW Halo, it’s just not the new Halo you want to see.

> > Quoted instead of edited, my bad.
> >
> > Oh, and fun fact, I’ve played every single Halo FPS through to completion on solo Legendary and have completed Halo Wars.
> >
> > I care greatly about Halo. That’s why I want 343 to make a new HALO game and not some terrible cod rip off just for casuals.
>
> If you haven’t seen the 20 seconds of footage and all the press Halo 4 has had so far it is a NEW Halo, it’s just not the new Halo you want to see.

Having Halo in the title =/= a Halo game.

Reach isn’t Halo. 4 looks like it isn’t going to be Halo.

> > > Quoted instead of edited, my bad.
> > >
> > > Oh, and fun fact, I’ve played every single Halo FPS through to completion on solo Legendary and have completed Halo Wars.
> > >
> > > I care greatly about Halo. That’s why I want 343 to make a new HALO game and not some terrible cod rip off just for casuals.
> >
> > If you haven’t seen the 20 seconds of footage and all the press Halo 4 has had so far it is a NEW Halo, it’s just not the new Halo you want to see.
>
> Having Halo in the title =/= a Halo game.
>
> Reach isn’t Halo. 4 looks like it isn’t going to be Halo.

Halo isn’t only multiplayer though. Unless you think the Reach campaign wasn’t Halo either.

edit: 117 posts lol

343 know exactly what they are doing. people should just stop dissing 343

> 343 know exactly what they are doing. people should just stop dissing 343

While i don’t disagree with you, i don’t agree either.

What do you have that supports this claim? 343 may have former Bungie employees, yes, but that does not make up for it. And you can hardly judge from the Making of halo 4 ViDoc.

> Halo isn’t only multiplayer though. Unless you think the Reach campaign wasn’t Halo either.
>
> edit: 117 posts lol

Do I really need to point out the fact I’m talking about multiplayer?

Even than, if it hasn’t got a Halo in it, how is it a Halo game?

I really hope I don’t need to point out the sarcasm…

> 343 know exactly what they are doing. people should just stop dissing 343

I wish I could believe you but 343s actions prove otherwise.

Stealing terrible ideas from other games and tacking them on in any form is not “knowing what you’re doing”.

Bungie didn’t know what they were doing when it came to making Reach.

I have been a Halo fan since 2003 and i’m open to all new changes.

> > Halo isn’t only multiplayer though. Unless you think the Reach campaign wasn’t Halo either.
> >
> > edit: 117 posts lol
>
> Do I really need to point out the fact I’m talking about multiplayer?
>
> Even than, if it hasn’t got a Halo in it, how is it a Halo game?
>
> I really hope I don’t need to point out the sarcasm…
>
>
>
> > 343 know exactly what they are doing. people should just stop dissing 343
>
> I wish I could believe you but 343s actions prove otherwise.
>
> Stealing terrible ideas from other games and tacking them on in any form is not “knowing what you’re doing”.
>
> Bungie didn’t know what they were doing when it came to making Reach.

Give me the details on the Halo 4 progression system, i demand them NOW.

Oh wait you can’t because you haven’t seen anything from it except for sprint.

You think your opinion is a fact?Christ it’s nothing more then assumptions, Frankie already says it’s nothing like COD and yet you still -Yoink-.

Right, you’re just searching for something to say huh?

No sprinting is just idiotic… why is it a super soldier cannot run? also most of the people that are really hardcore Don’t even come on this forum. I’m even looking at how many people are actually on Super slayer vs regular slayer… I’ll be keeping track of that for a while.

Long story short most of the people whining are just that. Whiners. They don’t understand how a game needs to evolve. this is why they aren’t game designers or artists in any way, go back to your desk jobs please, either take it or leave it.

There are so many things wrong with the OP’s statements. To fix them, you would need both an english professor and a psychiatrist. Both also would need a lot of time on their hands.

agree totally with op but they want to make money and that wont happen if they just cater to one group

> Give me the details on the Halo 4 progression system, i demand them NOW.

The Halo 4 progression system is a time played based unlock system that unlocks aesthetic and practical armour unlocks. These practical armour unlocks fundamentally change the way your character plays.

From 343.

> No sprinting is just idiotic… why is it a super soldier cannot run? also most of the people that are really hardcore Don’t even come on this forum.

The best reasons you can come up with are “because of canon” and “because other games do it”

Those 2 reasons should totally overcome the many other reasons why it’s bad for gameplay and the fact that it adds nothing that upping the base speed wouldn’t?

> I’m even looking at how many people are actually on Super slayer vs regular slayer… I’ll be keeping track of that for a while.

Really? Do you really think you can surmise what players prefer?

People play Team Slayer. They don’t care what’s in team slayer because it’s called Team Slayer. It’s the first play list on the list and is perceived as the default gametype.

Why don’t you compare people who play TU settings as opposed to default settings? And don’t bother counting playlists that wouldn’t even be effected by TU i.e Snipers, SWAT, grifball, living dead, anctionsack and anything else far from the default settings.

> Long story short most of the people whining are just that. Whiners. They don’t understand how a game needs to evolve. this is why they aren’t game designers or artists in any way, go back to your desk jobs please, either take it or leave it.

Copying everyone else is not evolving or innovative. It’s just copying everyone else.

Halo 2 and Halo 3 both evolved well enough without copying crap like sprint, loadouts and perks.

And guess what, both those games held their populations far better than the failure that is Halo Reach did.