343's not adding new Datacenters to H5 rotation

Hi everyone,

talking with some friend having Netduma routers i found out that 343 hasn’t added a single one of the new Azure’s Data Center to H5 rotation.
This summer in EU 4 more datacenters were inaugurated (2 England, 2 Germany) but we keep to play only on the former ones (the one in Dublin and the one in Amsterdam).
This is awful IMHO. I mean: why on Earth you don’t upgrade your game to use the full power of the infrastructure on which everything is based?
It’s a shame if you think that even Titanfall 2 beta was able to provide an update to add the 4 new servers i spoken about in the middle of the trial period.

What are your thoughts on this?

Could be microsofts decision, I honestly dont know the buisness side of things and am surprised they havent used those additional data centers

> 2533274840624875;2:
> Could be microsofts decision, I honestly dont know the buisness side of things and am surprised they havent used those additional data centers

I really hope this is not the case! Not allowing your own company, working on your biggest game franchise, to use all your datacenters is quite a big fat stupid decision!

> 2533274822267898;1:
> Hi everyone,
>
> speaking with some friend having Netduma routers i found out that 343 hasn’t added a single one of the new Azure’s Data Center to H5 rotation.
> This summer in EU 4 more datacenters were inaugurated (2 England, 2 Germany) but we keep to play only on the former ones (the one in Dublin and the one in Amsterdam).
> This is awful IMHO. I mean: why on Earth you don’t upgrade your game to use the full power of the infrastructure on which everything is based?
> It’s a shame if you think that even Titanfall 2 beta was able to provide an update to add the 4 new servers i spoken about in the middle of the trial period.
>
> What are your thoughts on this?

My thoughts are that I’ll stick to Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Gears 4 and Doom. I’m done with Halo 5. No one has had anything good to say about the connection since the update. Sad news if your OP is true.

> 2592250499819446;4:
> > 2533274822267898;1:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > speaking with some friend having Netduma routers i found out that 343 hasn’t added a single one of the new Azure’s Data Center to H5 rotation.
> > This summer in EU 4 more datacenters were inaugurated (2 England, 2 Germany) but we keep to play only on the former ones (the one in Dublin and the one in Amsterdam).
> > This is awful IMHO. I mean: why on Earth you don’t upgrade your game to use the full power of the infrastructure on which everything is based?
> > It’s a shame if you think that even Titanfall 2 beta was able to provide an update to add the 4 new servers i spoken about in the middle of the trial period.
> >
> > What are your thoughts on this?
>
> My thoughts are that I’ll stick to Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Gears 4 and Doom. I’m done with Halo 5. No one has had anything good to say about the connection since the update. Sad news if your OP is true.

I think it is: i have a couple of friends with Netduma routers playing constantly to H5 and they never connected a single time to azure’s servers in England or Germany, only Amsterdam/Dublin.
Even worse: they said to me that, depite connecting to EU servers, they were matched many times with people from other continents with unbearable lag. I don’t know if this is due to those people being in EU players’ fireteam or what, but surely there is something utterly wrong with this servers and/or game netcode…

I live in England and have fun, no lag games, but if the addition of these data centers will help, then 343/Microsoft, please add them

I’m guessing the population is now too low to justify much additional investment.

> 2533274822267898;1:
> Hi everyone,
>
> talking with some friend having Netduma routers i found out that 343 hasn’t added a single one of the new Azure’s Data Center to H5 rotation.
> This summer in EU 4 more datacenters were inaugurated (2 England, 2 Germany) but we keep to play only on the former ones (the one in Dublin and the one in Amsterdam).
> This is awful IMHO. I mean: why on Earth you don’t upgrade your game to use the full power of the infrastructure on which everything is based?
> It’s a shame if you think that even Titanfall 2 beta was able to provide an update to add the 4 new servers i spoken about in the middle of the trial period.
>
> What are your thoughts on this?

I really really hope these centers get into the rotation, and hope there will be an official 343 message confirming if they do or do not (and a why if not).

343i has nothing but contempt for anyone outside of the U.S. They honestly believed that a latency of +120ms was good for a fast based online arena shooter, this decision alone shows that the company doesn’t really understand how to make a fair and level playing field for a global franchise. This argument has been going on since day one. Another 343i lie made after the beta and then quietly dropped with no real explanation as to why? Some believe that the ranking system is to blame, 343i were so intent in finding the best 200 champion players they needed an infrastructure that would allow that, it didn’t matter that countries like Australia or Japan wouldn’t be able to connect or play Halo 5 online all that mattered was American customers got to stamp on the rest of the world. In this day and age where choice is king, leaving out and possibly discriminating against non U.S. Customers, the option of where to connect to is, IMHO a disgraceful show of ignorance and contempt.

> 2812739231567241;9:
> 343i has nothing but contempt for anyone outside of the U.S. They honestly believed that a latency of +120ms was good for a fast based online arena shooter, this decision alone shows that the company doesn’t really understand how to make a fair and level playing field for a global franchise. This argument has been going on since day one. Another 343i lie made after the beta and then quietly dropped with no real explanation as to why? Some believe that the ranking system is to blame, 343i were so intent in finding the best 200 champion players they needed an infrastructure that would allow that, it didn’t matter that countries like Australia or Japan wouldn’t be able to connect or play Halo 5 online all that mattered was American customers got to stamp on the rest of the world. In this day and age where choice is king, leaving out and possibly discriminating against non U.S. Customers, the option of where to connect to is, IMHO a disgraceful show of ignorance and contempt.

I completely agree with you.

Watching how inferior, but still plenty enjoyable, games like Titanfall (of course is my opinion) can easily succeed in this while the only game i really care about keeps failing miserably makes me furious.
And the worst thing is that, as you said. they simply don’t care! For them the only real concern is to guarantee fair games for HCS, pro gamers (US ones of course) etc.

> 2533274822267898;3:
> > 2533274840624875;2:
> > Could be microsofts decision, I honestly dont know the buisness side of things and am surprised they havent used those additional data centers
>
> I really hope this is not the case! Not allowing your own company, working on your biggest game franchise, to use all your datacenters is quite a big fat stupid decision!

In case you didn’t know, the entire gaming Division for Microsoft is a very small percentage of the gross margin for the company. less than 3 percent. the gaming division could be completely shut down and Microsoft would never miss the money. Halo is now over a year old with a slowly dropping population. From a business perspective, it doesn’t make sense to put an aging game on the best hardware when the current hardware does the job.

> 2533274825101441;11:
> > 2533274822267898;3:
> > > 2533274840624875;2:
> > > Could be microsofts decision, I honestly dont know the buisness side of things and am surprised they havent used those additional data centers
> >
> > I really hope this is not the case! Not allowing your own company, working on your biggest game franchise, to use all your datacenters is quite a big fat stupid decision!
>
> In case you didn’t know, the entire gaming Division for Microsoft is a very small percentage of the gross margin for the company. less than 3 percent. the gaming division could be completely shut down and Microsoft would never miss the money. Halo is now over a year old with a slowly dropping population. From a business perspective, it doesn’t make sense to put an aging game on the best hardware when the current hardware does the job.

So why allow The Coalition (which basically is GOW’s 343i) to do so? It’s nonsense.

You forget that H5 has to last another 2 years before we see the new iteration. It’s a long shot.

> 2533274822267898;12:
> > 2533274825101441;11:
> > > 2533274822267898;3:
> > > > 2533274840624875;2:
> > > > Could be microsofts decision, I honestly dont know the buisness side of things and am surprised they havent used those additional data centers
> > >
> > > I really hope this is not the case! Not allowing your own company, working on your biggest game franchise, to use all your datacenters is quite a big fat stupid decision!
> >
> > In case you didn’t know, the entire gaming Division for Microsoft is a very small percentage of the gross margin for the company. less than 3 percent. the gaming division could be completely shut down and Microsoft would never miss the money. Halo is now over a year old with a slowly dropping population. From a business perspective, it doesn’t make sense to put an aging game on the best hardware when the current hardware does the job.
>
> So why allow The Coalition (which basically is GOW’s 343i) to do so? It’s nonsense.
>
> You forget that H5 has to last another 2 years before we see the new iteration. It’s a long shot.

GOW 4 is a brand new game. Thats why. They have to make the best impression on players buying the game between now and 1st of the year. Additionally, in all likelihood the servers that Gears had prior to GOW4 launch were old dating back to the 360.

> 2533274825101441;13:
> > 2533274822267898;12:
> > > 2533274825101441;11:
> > > > 2533274822267898;3:
> > > > > 2533274840624875;2:
> > > > > Could be microsofts decision, I honestly dont know the buisness side of things and am surprised they havent used those additional data centers
> > > >
> > > > I really hope this is not the case! Not allowing your own company, working on your biggest game franchise, to use all your datacenters is quite a big fat stupid decision!
> > >
> > > In case you didn’t know, the entire gaming Division for Microsoft is a very small percentage of the gross margin for the company. less than 3 percent. the gaming division could be completely shut down and Microsoft would never miss the money. Halo is now over a year old with a slowly dropping population. From a business perspective, it doesn’t make sense to put an aging game on the best hardware when the current hardware does the job.
> >
> > So why allow The Coalition (which basically is GOW’s 343i) to do so? It’s nonsense.
> >
> > You forget that H5 has to last another 2 years before we see the new iteration. It’s a long shot.
>
> GOW 4 is a brand new game. Thats why. They have to make the best impression on players buying the game between now and 1st of the year. Additionally, in all likelihood the servers that Gears had prior to GOW4 launch were old dating back to the 360.

I really hope the reasons they aren’t updating/fixing nothing regarding matchmaking infrastructure are only connected to business affairs, we will see with H6 i suppose.
But damn, it’s still too far away.