I wanna take a second to look over 343’s additions to the Halo series, as well as their subtractions.
The idea here is that 343’s contributions to Halo will be summarized and people are able to state their opinion on the facts. Soo feel free to leave feedback and thoughts after reading the information below.
Please note: I AM ONLY POINTING OUT 343’s ORIGINAL CONCEPTS, NOT THINGS THEY CARRIED OVER FROM OTHER HALOS. ALSO, I AM NOT BASING THIS OFF OF 343’s PROMISED ADDITIONS TO THE GAME. I AM ONLY USING THE CURRENT VERSION OF HALO 4 FOR THIS.
ORIGINAL FEATURES/IDEAS INTRODUCED BY 343:
- An entirely new tier of weaponry (Forerunner tech)
- New matchmaking gametypes: Regicide, Dominion, and Extraction
- A revamped version of infection, entitled Flood
- Magnets in Forge, making object alignment easier for forgers
- A brand new campaign, continuing the story of Master Chief
- Halo Waypoint, an application which allows players to access their Halo stats
- TONS of new armor and equipment
- The new AA, Thruster Pack.
- Completely CUSTOMIZABLE loadouts
- Insant Respawn in specific gametypes
- Killcams… Not really. Halo 4 Killcams broke on Day 1.
- New vehicle: The Mantis
- New maps
- Ordnance Drops
- Specializations and along with them, Perks.
- Spartan Ops (Spec Ops in Halo)
- Brand new ranking system
- Join Session in Progress
- New pay-to-gain features and promotions (ex. the mountain dew promotion)
- Competitive gameplay through contests, such as the Infinity Challenge
Seems like 343 has introduced plenty of new things into the Halo series, yet are they innovative and successful, or do they only hinder the game?
Lets take a look at what they’ve subtracted from the Halo series in their latest edition.
HALO FEATURES REMOVED BY 343 in HALO 4:
- Armor Lock (THANK YOU.)
- Numerous custom gametypes such as VIP, Juggernaut, Assault, and Infection
- Also, removal of The Arena from Reach
- A massive forge world
- Multiple custom game options available in prior entries
- A working file share system
- Quit penalties
- Armor Effects
- In matchmaking: Lack of Team Snipers, KoTH, Team Doubles, and Grifball (?)
According to my lists, 343 seems to have added far more than they’ve removed. The question is, are these additions benefitting the Halo series? And also, how major are these removals?
Well that my fellow forum-goers, is up to you to decide.
Feel free to discuss all of these additions and removals by 343, and state your opinions on them (and 343.)
On a sidenote, if you see anything missing from these lists, just notify me below and I’ll be happy to adjust them.
Thanks for reading, let the discussion begin!