343's disregard for unique names

I feel like 343 overlooks the unique naming aspect of halo, such as slayer or killionaire. I say this because 343 gave us snapshot which sounds pretty good but in infinite its no scope. In halo 5 social slayer was named quick play.

Halo players have been calling it a no scope for years. Snapshot was weird and unfitting to the act.

Halo 5 quickplay is definitely not a traditional social slayer, it only has 3 maps and they are all the most competitive ones. Nothing social about it.

Killionaire still exists, the gametype is still called Slayer. Team Slayer still exists as a playlist in H5.

Always will be, and always has been, a ‘no scope’. Snapshot is a ridiculous name.

> 2535425697773043;1:
> I feel like 343 overlooks the unique naming aspect of halo, such as slayer or killionaire. I say this because 343 gave us snapshot which sounds pretty good but in infinite its no scope. In halo 5 social slayer was named quick play.

How long have you been playing Halo? Because I can assure you, social slayer was in previous games.

But they changed it from no scope to snap shot…
Slayer is called slayer to this day?
Quick play was a smaller playlist for quick semi competitive matchs.
We got regicide and ricochet in 4.
We got break out in 5.
Not sure what op is trying to get at here.
I mean grapplejack is as halo as it gets.

Nobody called it snapshot though except the announcer in Halo 5, it was always called a no scope by Halo players.

> 2535425697773043;1:
> I feel like 343 overlooks the unique naming aspect of halo, such as slayer or killionaire. I say this because 343 gave us snapshot which sounds pretty good but in infinite its no scope. In halo 5 social slayer was named quick play.

You’re really this concerned about semantics?

I think we should be appreciative of how receptive they have been to the communities feedback. The naming conventions like snapshot are being changed and thats in line with what a majority of players from H1-H3 days will appreciate that.

Snap shot sounds unique but most ppl just say no scope anyway. Plus I dont really remember snap shot until H4 I think.

However I agree with you that the quick Play was lame. 343i goal is to generalize Halo so be prepared for that.

Not to pile on but the OG players called it No Scope…nobody refers to it as “Snap Shot”

It’s OK OP, I liked the name “Snapshot” too because of its originality. I think it is a bit of a shame it changed, but we will live.

On the topic of Halo’s naming scheme, can we talk about how ridiculously stupid (in a good way) names are in Halo.
I mean somebody thought of the idea to make a distinction between a regular hijack and hijacking an aerial vehicle and came up with the pun ‘Skyjack’.
And then repeated that exact same joke with the ‘Airsassination’. No other multi-billion dollar franchise could get away with doing that twice.

> 2607664605677189;3:
> Always will be, and always has been, a ‘no scope’. Snapshot is a ridiculous name.

Yeah, you’re right, I don’t know why 343 brings Snapshot to H5, to me sounds very weird. I love that Halo Infinite 343 left it as it always should be.

I’m afraid that Perfect Dark Zero has already achieved the ultimate naming of any action.

“Killharmonic-orhestra.”

Once you’ve been there, everything else is just…

Meh.

This post bought to you by a sense of humour that leans heavily toward the absurd.

> 2607664605677189;3:
> Always will be, and always has been, a ‘no scope’. Snapshot is a ridiculous name.

When you play so much Halo 5 that when you get a no scope in H3 that you call it a snap shot smh. That would be me lol.

> 2535425697773043;1:

are these types of irrelevant bs really that much of a issue to you ?

> 2535410135869421;16:
> > 2535425697773043;1:
> > I feel like 343 overlooks the unique naming aspect of halo, such as slayer or killionaire. I say this because 343 gave us snapshot which sounds pretty good but in infinite its no scope. In halo 5 social slayer was named quick play.
>
> are these types of irrelevant bs really that much of a issue to you ?

It’s mostly just that I think many of us have run out of things to complain about at this point, with most everything looking downright amazing and all that. So we look at small, less significant things to complain about while we wait for the next Flight/TechPreview. It helps us pass the time.

I never really cared for snapshot or no-scope either I just go with the flow, 343 can choose what they want to call things at the end of the day it is their game and just like “unfrigginbelieveable” being replaced by “demon” that seems to be more halo than unfriggenbelievable.

> 2533274850869596;17:
> > 2535410135869421;16:
> > > 2535425697773043;1:
> > > I feel like 343 overlooks the unique naming aspect of halo, such as slayer or killionaire. I say this because 343 gave us snapshot which sounds pretty good but in infinite its no scope. In halo 5 social slayer was named quick play.
> >
> > are these types of irrelevant bs really that much of a issue to you ?
>
> It’s mostly just that I think many of us have run out of things to complain about at this point, with most everything looking downright amazing and all that. So we look at small, less significant things to complain about while we wait for the next Flight/TechPreview. It helps us pass the time.

lol

> 2570804787293416;14:
> I’m afraid that Perfect Dark Zero has already achieved the ultimate naming of any action.
>
> “Killharmonic-orhestra.”
>
> Once you’ve been there, everything else is just…
>
> Meh.
>
> This post bought to you by a sense of humour that leans heavily toward the absurd.

This I won’t argue. Nothing is better than playing a game vs all easy level bots, mines only, and just throwing them EVERYWHERE and listening to the announcer go through his list of crazy lines.