343's Damage Control?

Now I know 343 is trying but doesn’t it feel like they are just doing damage control? I feel like they know more than half the community is pissed about content and the state of the game/servers etc.

If 343 doesn’t know that, they should.

It only just feels like they are using public relations to damage control little by little. It feels like 343 is stringing us along, giving us what we actually want little by little just to bring us back in till we get pissed again near the next update where the cycle then begins again? Am I the only one who feels this way?

There are also issues, like the Servers/REQ issues/Connection Dropping/User Interface, that I feel are continuously pushed off as unimportant when these are groundbreaking issues.

Maybe I’m crazy?

You aren’t crazy, but I have a friend who got banned for saying this. So, prepare for a locked thread or ban hammer

> 2533274818737568;2:
> You aren’t crazy, but I have a friend who got banned for saying this. So, prepare for a locked thread or ban hammer

I am not insulting them but yeah, I guess they may get mad.

> 2533274818737568;2:
> You aren’t crazy, but I have a friend who got banned for saying this. So, prepare for a locked thread or ban hammer

I am not insulting them but yeah, I guess they may get mad.

Accidentally double posted.

> 2533274868600467;4:
> > 2533274818737568;2:
> > You aren’t crazy, but I have a friend who got banned for saying this. So, prepare for a locked thread or ban hammer
>
>
> I am not insulting them but yeah, I guess they may get mad.

There is nothing wrong with your thread. You will not be banned for posting an opinion in a decent manner, which you have done.

> 2533274868600467;3:
> > 2533274818737568;2:
> > You aren’t crazy, but I have a friend who got banned for saying this. So, prepare for a locked thread or ban hammer
>
>
> I am not insulting them but yeah, I guess they may get mad.

My friend wasn’t insulting them either. He just decided to question their decisions and the mods got ban happy. Before we kne-

gets banned for “Questioning Moderation Decisions”

Battlefield 4 had a terrible launch and they fixed it soon after, it probally still has more players than halo 5 on xbox and is supported what 2/3 years after release. If 343 addressed the issues instead of burying their heads in the sand, this game might be in the top 10.

> 2533274818737568;6:
> > 2533274868600467;3:
> > > 2533274818737568;2:
> > > You aren’t crazy, but I have a friend who got banned for saying this. So, prepare for a locked thread or ban hammer
> >
> >
> > I am not insulting them but yeah, I guess they may get mad.
>
>
> My friend wasn’t insulting them either. He just decided to question their decisions and the mods got ban happy. Before we kne-
>
> gets banned for “Questioning Moderation Decisions”

Your “friend” agreed to the terms and conditions when he made his account. As did you. Please do not derail this thread.

If there is one thing 343i knows by now… Its that you are overly rancorous towards vehicles.

> 2533274818737568;6:
> > 2533274868600467;3:
> > > 2533274818737568;2:
> > > You aren’t crazy, but I have a friend who got banned for saying this. So, prepare for a locked thread or ban hammer
> >
> >
> > I am not insulting them but yeah, I guess they may get mad.
>
>
> My friend wasn’t insulting them either. He just decided to question their decisions and the mods got ban happy. Before we kne-
>
> gets banned for “Questioning Moderation Decisions”

LOL

> 2533274812650916;8:
> > 2533274818737568;6:
> > > 2533274868600467;3:
> > > > 2533274818737568;2:
> > > > You aren’t crazy, but I have a friend who got banned for saying this. So, prepare for a locked thread or ban hammer
> > >
> > >
> > > I am not insulting them but yeah, I guess they may get mad.
> >
> >
> > My friend wasn’t insulting them either. He just decided to question their decisions and the mods got ban happy. Before we kne-
> >
> > gets banned for “Questioning Moderation Decisions”
>
>
> Your “friend” agreed to the terms and conditions when he made his account. As did you. Please do not derail this thread.

The terms and conditions everyone agreed to. Even when you abide by them, you still can get banned. But like you said, let’s not derail this thread. It takes two to tango, and you’re the second wheel.

Back to OP-

You should’ve seen it the night they announced it was a Phaeton and not a Falcon behind the ONI symbol

I would rather like to know who was in charge of the u.i and so on. Why did the person(s) thourght it was a good idea to put over 200 armours in 2 straight lines to scroll through? have we ever got an awser to this?

> 2535414341107016;12:
> I would rather like to know who was in charge of the u.i and so on. Why did the person(s) thourght it was a good idea to put over 200 armours in 2 straight lines to scroll through? have we ever got an awser to this?

I agree. The UI should be similar to Reach’s (where you select an armor and find the skins/variants under it). Or should include a search feature.

They do do a lot of damage control thats mainly because of the crunch for time, however a lot of other companies do this “damage control” with each update of their own games, they fix bugs, rebalance things, and overall improve gameplay along with adding some new content they didn’t have before, whether that means adding something they planned on having earlier but couldnt get in sooner or trying something new thats just an idea and rolling with it.

> 2533274818737568;11:
> > 2533274812650916;8:
> > > 2533274818737568;6:
> > > My friend wasn’t insulting them either. He just decided to question their decisions and the mods got ban happy. Before we kne-
> > >
> > > gets banned for “Questioning Moderation Decisions”
> >
> >
> > Your “friend” agreed to the terms and conditions when he made his account. As did you. Please do not derail this thread.
>
>
> The terms and conditions everyone agreed to. Even when you abide by them, you still can get banned. But like you said, let’s not derail this thread. It takes two to tango, and you’re the second wheel.
>
> Back to OP-
>
> You should’ve seen it the night they announced it was a Phaeton and not a Falcon behind the ONI symbol

You can’t exactly blame the mod for “derailing” when the mods aren’t here to support discussion they are here to moderate, enforce rules, and answer some questions if they can that no one else can. Thats like saying if a mod locks a thread saying to use the why was I banned megathread it was posted to derail the thread, all the mod is doing is reminding the person of the rule.

> 2533274860062662;7:
> Battlefield 4 had a terrible launch and they fixed it soon after, it probally still has more players than halo 5 on xbox and is supported what 2/3 years after release. If 343 addressed the issues instead of burying their heads in the sand, this game might be in the top 10.

I agree, the game has much potential, I wish they would stop prolonging it reaching that potential by snailing through updates just for marketing and events.

> 2535405450804460;14:
> They do do a lot of damage control thats mainly because of the crunch for time, however a lot of other companies do this “damage control” with each update of their own games, they fix bugs, rebalance things, and overall improve gameplay along with adding some new content they didn’t have before, whether that means adding something they planned on having earlier but couldnt get in sooner or trying something new thats just an idea and rolling with it.
>
>
> > 2533274818737568;11:
> > > 2533274812650916;8:
> > > > 2533274818737568;6:
> > > > My friend wasn’t insulting them either. He just decided to question their decisions and the mods got ban happy. Before we kne-
> > > >
> > > > gets banned for “Questioning Moderation Decisions”
> > >
> > >
> > > Your “friend” agreed to the terms and conditions when he made his account. As did you. Please do not derail this thread.
> >
> >
> > The terms and conditions everyone agreed to. Even when you abide by them, you still can get banned. But like you said, let’s not derail this thread. It takes two to tango, and you’re the second wheel.
> >
> > Back to OP-
> >
> > You should’ve seen it the night they announced it was a Phaeton and not a Falcon behind the ONI symbol
>
>
> You can’t exactly blame the mod for “derailing” when the mods aren’t here to support discussion they are here to moderate, enforce rules, and answer some questions if they can that no one else can. Thats like saying if a mod locks a thread saying to use the why was I banned megathread it was posted to derail the thread, all the mod is doing is reminding the person of the rule.

No, but I feel the damage control 343 does is different. I feel like we are trying to push a car up a hill, I feel like they only address or add something when people have gotten to the final straw. It feels a little lazy and inconsiderate.

They definitely miscalculated the nostalgia for some game types, which is why they are playing catch up. You can call it damage control if you want OP.

> 2533274812650916;8:
> > 2533274818737568;6:
> > > 2533274868600467;3:
> > > > 2533274818737568;2:
> > > > You aren’t crazy, but I have a friend who got banned for saying this. So, prepare for a locked thread or ban hammer
> > >
> > >
> > > I am not insulting them but yeah, I guess they may get mad.
> >
> >
> > My friend wasn’t insulting them either. He just decided to question their decisions and the mods got ban happy. Before we kne-
> >
> > gets banned for “Questioning Moderation Decisions”
>
>
> Your “friend” agreed to the terms and conditions when he made his account. As did you. Please do not derail this thread.

Viper skills. You’re good for this community. Thanks for doing what you do. (Moderating, but at the same time, not afraid to speak up for what you believe is wrong with 343i’s halo).

Thanks man!

> 2533274875982754;17:
> They definitely miscalculated the nostalgia for some game types, which is why they are playing catch up. You can call it damage control if you want OP.

Yeah, like something vital that is missing would be Doubles and Snipers. But yeah, there is more than just that.

> 2533274891841289;9:
> If there is one thing 343i knows by now… Its that you are overly rancorous towards vehicles.

Did someone say vehicles!? Are we getting a falcon!? :unamused: I agree with the armor UI, it’s bad enough that they’re listed individually, instead of find the armor, then click on it to choose the skin, but they’re also listed in the order you unlock them. So you have one version at the beginning then you scroll right for about 5 minutes to find another version…