343i's 'Halo'.

We know full well that 343i, when they set out to make a Halo game, they wanted to put their trademark on it.

This was their fatal flaw.

We Halo fans never wanted some newbie company to act like it was their’s and stamp ‘343i’ all over the package. Yes, I realize they made it (well, roughly, how many parts were outsourced again?), but we wanted Halo. We didn’t want someone else’s Halo. Halo is a game with equal starts, equal chances, an arena shooter. Halo 4 is anything but that.

Maybe we just want Bungie’s Halo, but is that wrong to say? They did make the Halo we know. I wouldn’t say we want a carbon copy of Bungie’s work, but we wanted expansion and improvement, not a total rework of how everything works. Heck, I even consider Halo 4 more of a spinoff of the Halo as Reach was, and Bungie even said Reach was a spinoff title. Even as a spinoff, it still maintained the core of Halo. Sure, there were armor abilities, but that was all you could choose. A class based arena shooter, it was.

Maybe we just want that, maybe we don’t know what we want, but I think we can agree that we don’t want 343i’s Halo. Their Halo is riddled with complete randomness, requiring the game to be stripped to it’s very core to be skillful, and even then it still has flaws. Their Halo isn’t about the community and what they can make with Forge and Custom Games. Their Halo, for everything multiplayer, is inferior to Bungie’s Halo. Less customization, less options, less skill, more randomness. That isn’t the real Halo. That’s 343i’s trademark Halo that’s just a half baked attempt to get Call of Duty fans.

To see the real Halo in this game, you even have to get a hold of a modded gametype to even do that. Pardon me, moderators, for mentioning that. But why doesn’t 343i even allow us to turn off sprint? Why did they simply NOT test their BROKEN options like respawn time? Why does the community have to do this for them to allow themselves to enjoy the game. It’s insane.

I’m not saying Bungie is better than 343i. I’m saying, Halo is better than 343i’s Halo.

Bungie’s Halo will always be better then 343i Halo if they continue down this road.

Who is we?

and how is it a fatal flaw? Over 7 million copies sold. Stop being overly dramatic to get your point across. Just get your point across.

Didn’t 343i said they were going back to Halo’s roots? That was a lie.

Dsight: You’re really just taking sales into account? Your view must be the same as Microsoft. Care about intial sells, screw any resemblance of good post launch support. Halo 3 had around the same number, and player retention was exponentially higher.

The word to describe 343i’s vision of Halo is this: inconsistent. One must only look at how they treat MJOLNIR armor as a whole to see that.

> Didn’t 343i said they were going back to Halo’s roots? That was a lie.
>
>
> Dsight: You’re really just taking sales into account? Your view must be the same as Microsoft. Care about intial sells, screw any resemblance of good post launch support. Halo 3 had around the same number, and player retention was exponentially higher.

That was also over 6 years ago and like a good business I understand how the market has changed into a casual audience. 7 million units sold on just Xbox 360 (because obviously its not on the other consoles) is very very good. It’s not a “Fatal Flaw” in any way shape or form, not even close.

If you don’t care about initial sales and you try to market a game for a niche audience like the people on this forum, you won’t make a profit, your game won’t sell and your studio will close.

That’s the basic facts. The video game industry is a high risk industry. If you’re not one of the big three your next game could be your last.

My point being, don’t be dramatic, just get your point across and explain how you feel. If you think Microsoft and 343i is going to make a game geared towards the 100 or so “competitive” people on this forum, you’ll never see a Halo 5. If they do a combination with what they have now, that’s possible, but they’re not going to listen (if they listen at all) to long, dramatic posts.

Keep it simple, keep it short. Like The Halo Council is doing (minus the guy crying about how he isn’t going to support Halo anymore. God that was just awful).

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Another uneducated moron. 343i is made up of all former budgie member. With upper devs having previous halo experience.

You mistake me for wanting Halo to be catered to competitive types on here.

Well, that is actually fair to say. Competitive Halo is a big thing, many more people than you may think are involved. I digress though…

I, and the vocal minority, want Halo to be Halo. Not 343i’s Halo, not Phillip’s Halo, not Paul’s Halo. Just Halo.

Rahuzero: Looks like the kettle is calling the pot black. You’re wrong with what you said.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> > Didn’t 343i said they were going back to Halo’s roots? That was a lie.
> >
> >
> > Dsight: You’re really just taking sales into account? Your view must be the same as Microsoft. Care about intial sells, screw any resemblance of good post launch support. Halo 3 had around the same number, and player retention was exponentially higher.
>
> That was also over 6 years ago and like a good business I understand how the market has changed into a casual audience. 7 million units sold on just Xbox 360 (because obviously its not on the other consoles) is very very good. It’s not a “Fatal Flaw” in any way shape or form, not even close.
>
> If you don’t care about initial sales and you try to market a game for a niche audience like the people on this forum, you won’t make a profit, your game won’t sell and your studio will close.
>
> That’s the basic facts. The video game industry is a high risk industry. If you’re not one of the big three your next game could be your last.
>
> My point being, don’t be dramatic, just get your point across and explain how you feel. If you think Microsoft and 343i is going to make a game geared towards the 100 or so “competitive” people on this forum, you’ll never see a Halo 5. If they do a combination with what they have now, that’s possible, but they’re not going to listen (if they listen at all) long, dramatic posts.
>
> Keep it simple, keep it short. Like The Halo Council is doing (minus the guy crying about how he isn’t going to support Halo anymore. God that was just awful).

Run away!!! We cant have people thinking with logic on this forum.

> Another**…**

You really shouldn’t call someone uneducated when you make a factual mistake. 343i only has about 5 former Bungie members, not ALL of them.

> Another**…**

You really shouldn’t attack and insult other forum members. It’s not nice.

> > Another**…**
>
> You really shouldn’t call someone uneducated when you make a factual mistake. 343i only has about 5 former Bungie members, not ALL of them.

I didnt say all, and it is more than 5.

> > Another**…**
>
> You really shouldn’t attack and insult other forum members. It’s not nice.

Yet people are allowed to make post purely for the sake of bashing 343i or the people in it.

Bungie’s Halo: Pass

343i’s Halo: Fail

Why? I think you know the answer to that.

Speak for yourself.

‘‘We Halo fans never liked’’

Yea well let’s see, i’m a Halo fan, i like Halo 4 is taking different steps and i have little to no doubt Halo 5 is gonna be great.

Sorry pal. Your opinion is not a fact. Don’t state it as such.

> > > Another**…**
> >
> > You really shouldn’t call someone uneducated when you make a factual mistake. 343i only has about 5 former Bungie members, not ALL of them.
>
> I didnt say all, and it is more than 5.

No, you said “all”, and that’s incorrect. It’s not hard to click that little “Show Spoiler” button and read your original reply. Get your facts right the first time to avoid embarrassment.

343i is bad. The reason they sold so many copies is because the word “Halo” appeared on the game cover, but this game is far from that.

I see 3 scenarios, relating to what DSight said:

  1. Game sells poorly and has poor player retention

Reason: Poor marketing, poor gameplay.

  1. Game sells a lot and has high player retention

Reason: Marketing was effective and gameplay is exciting.

  1. Game sells a lot and has poor player retention

Reason: Marketing was effective but gameplay lacked.

It’s not too difficult to see what happened with Halo 4. 343i and Microsoft marketed the heck out of this game, and the very fact that it says “Halo” on the cover sold probably an extra 2 million copies, but the gameplay is not good enough to keep a remotely high population (in relation to previous Halo titles) playing for more than two months.

> This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
>
>
> *Original post. Click at your own discretion.
> Another uneducated moron. 343i is made up of all former budgie member. With upper devs having previous halo experience.

In the future correct the grammar.

Insulting is NOT getting you any friends here.
If you wanna speak like that, i suggest the CoD forums.
Your kind is native there.

Question: Why do we wanna time travel back to the past? What´s so bad about the NEW Halo?
Who cares for Bungie, they where lazy the last years. The Bungie members who stayed are the ones we need. Why do you wanna get back this lazy other members?

Are you not getting enough attention at the Halo Council? I swear I laugh every time I see some copy pasta thread or a THC forum goer showing up in Waypoint when they mostly hate this place with a passion.

Yes they need to go back to core elements like same starting gear, I personally believe load outs should’ve been how you set your ordnance drop rather than how you enter the game. If AAs have to go in MM then there has to be outstanding tech and vehicles to fall back on. All the options to set game variables being removed is asinine.

AAs are fun in firefight/horde modes so they need to remain in the game to some extent, but I wouldn’t shed a tear if they got removed from PVP modes.

Lag, incompetence, and cluttered maps are killing this game… only with 343 the victim keeps running into the knife.

Loadouts, ordinances and unbalanced weapons ruined the Halo we all knew. I hardly ever play MM, it annoys me.

I prefer 343’s Halo over Bungie’s.