343i's Halo is too fast paced

In the original Halo trilogy, every single game had to be won using tactical, careful gameplay. Map control. Flanking. Etc. In Halo 4, the gameplay is an ADD moshpit. It’s entertaining for a few minutes but has no lasting appeal. Halo 4 matchmaking, in general, is everyone running around in no particular direction with no particular strategy in mind, killing each other. Sprinting, AA’s, perks, loadouts, and super fast kill times completely ruin flow. The gameplay is mostly entirely braindead.

Anyone else share my opinion?

I think it’s fine, maybe get rid of instant spawning

I disagree it was refreshing after playing through Halo CE Anniversary again

Reach nah its too slow then in halo 4 its too quick
Its fine now instant spawn could be turned off and this may slowen the pace to a reasonable pace for you

> Reach nah its too slow then in halo 4 its too quick
> Its fine now instant spawn could be turned off and this may slowen the pace to a reasonable pace for you

Like in Slayer Pro

> I think it’s fine, maybe get rid of instant spawning

Instant respawn is the problem.

Halo 3 does not encompass the entire original trilogy. Halo 3 and Halo Reach were slow games.

> Sprinting, AA’s, perks, loadouts, and super fast kill times completely ruin flow.

Sprinting ruins the flow.

AA’s actually slow the game more than gametypes that lack AA’s.

Loadouts and perks are irrelevant.

The killtimes are around the same as Halo 2.

Feels good to me. Power weapon spawn times and instant respawn need to be adjusted though.

It’s like those H3 custom maps where the spawning is terribly broken for the sake of chaotic battling.

Abysmal (in a competitive setting).

3 main issues: Sprint, instant respawn, and long wait for shield recharge

Killtimes are pretty much similar to Halo 2.

> Killtimes are pretty much similar to Halo 2.

You mean, the kill times on the main weapons are almost similar to Halo 2 am I right? Because I am sure you aren’t counting with the 14 1-shot weapons which pops up all the time, and long recharge rates.

> It’s like those H3 custom maps where the spawning is terribly broken for the sake of chaotic battling.
>
> Abysmal (in a competitive setting).
>
> 3 main issues: Sprint, instant respawn, and long wait for shield recharge

4 issues. All the non-experimental weapon types, and I am with you.

This is why I hate the new fast paced trend. Slow paced games need to come back, they’re just simply better.

> In the original Halo trilogy, every single game had to be won using tactical, careful gameplay.

Having been playing since Halo 2, I beg to differ. Very rarely did I see games actually pan out that way. More often than not it came down to whoever happened to be standing closest to the best guns when they respawned, or the guns respawned, the actual skill factor came in as a close second. Halo 4 pretty much ends up being the same thing in my experience, best guns win games with actual skill being a close second. Halo 4’s problem is that it over-emphasized the “best guns” factor. This has little to do with speed, everything to do with power weapon frequency.

Sure you can tone down the speed if you want, but it doesn’t seem like much to me.

Deleted

I wouldn’t mind instant respawn going.

It’s too slow in ways that it should be faster, and too fast in ways that it should be slower.

Sprint allows players to run away from encounters and slows down the game, whereas instant respawn allows players to spawn far too fast.

It’s all set up to appeal to people who have less patience and who want to play effortlessly, which is the opposite of how Halo was, unfortunately.

> In the original Halo trilogy, every single game had to be won using tactical, careful gameplay. Map control. Flanking. Etc. In Halo 4, the gameplay is an ADD moshpit. It’s entertaining for a few minutes but has no lasting appeal. Halo 4 matchmaking, in general, is everyone running around in no particular direction with no particular strategy in mind, killing each other. Sprinting, AA’s, perks, loadouts, and super fast kill times completely ruin flow. The gameplay is mostly entirely braindead.
>
> Anyone else share my opinion?

Your post is so nonsense.

Halo CE and Halo 2 were easily just as fast paced, despite not having sprint. LOL at your “super fast kill times” comment. I don’t know what world you’re living in, the 3 shot pistol in Halo CE and the BR in Halo 2 were FASTER kills than any non-power weapon in Halo 4.

Maybe you’re playing braindead, so you assume everyone else is? I’m SURE the players who are doing well consistently aren’t doing it through pure luck, they are combining strategy and tactics and beating you because you’re not.