343i You have a Dedicated Community

So you should use it in the future.

You could have used feedback from the halo fans for some of your changes.

The sound of the sniper is pretty bad and it’s a tad too bulky for my taste.

The sound of the BR is bad as well.

Watch this.

All I am saying is that we should be involved with Halo 4 and other games in some form or another. I am aware you are wanting to sand the old paint off and put a fresh coat on the Halo series, but giving us some choices in official polls and opinions on ideas would be one of the best things you could do for the community.

Keeping us involved in the process will build hype, raise interest and make everyone feel like they’re contributing. The way it is now feels like we’re cavilians stuck in a dictatorship community and we will have to either like the end result or move on. We didn’t get a beta nor any input on anything for Halo 4. All information we have on Halo 4 is spoon fed to us.

All I want is to be able to actually influence the game in some way, and not just me but everyone who cares enough to click a few buttons in a poll and have our say. Because yes, you’re making this game, you have the keys to Halo’s future, but it’s our game**. It’s a wonderful game with a fantastic story and it’s made for the community.
So all I ask is that we can do something for you to help make Halo a better Halo.
-Edit- I’m getting to many replies of people thinking that I’m either saying 343i should make generic polls and do whatever we vote on. I’m saying they should use them (and surveys)in a way that we can have a small voice in what is to be. And this is not just for Halo 4. It’s for everything to come.
<strong>I’m not getting hung up on just the sounds of two weapons or visuals, I’m just saying** I’d like us to have some say in something.</strong>

“It still ‘feels’ like Halo!” “I promise.”

I guess looks are deceiving…

Just remember that any feedback given here represents a very small vocal minority of the whole Halo population.

Also remember that the builds we’ve seen/heard are nowhere near the finalized gold versions.

> Just remember that any feedback given here represents a very small vocal minority of the whole Halo population.
>
> Also remember that the builds we’ve seen/heard are nowhere near the finalized gold versions.

Yes you are right, but there are threads out there that have 1k+ views and the replies have generally positive to the OP.

And that’s also why I suggested they use polls in the front page and get us proactive in the process.

And on a side note… DAMN took me like 30 mins to be able to post replies or edit anything on this thread…

you do realize 343 is going to be at RTX right? anyone whos at RTX will be able to play a halo 4 build for MP. so the community is going to get ahold of it.

Polls are tricky business.

Let’s say they put up a poll with 4 different sound effects for the Sniper, and asked the community to vote on which they would like in the game.

Sound A gets 22%

Sound B gets 25%

Sound C gets 38%

Sound D gets 15%

Because of this, Sound C would get chosen as the sound of the sniper rifle as it had the most votes. Sounds good, right? Nope. Because then they would have appeased 38% of the population, and went against 62% of the population.

Another tricky thing with polls is that people tend to become very attached to their vote, and are not as open to other sounds. Thus, when the game ships, if their sound didn’t win, they’re going to constantly have it on their mind.

Thus, companies choose to simply come out with a single new sound, in hopes that the community as a whole will embrace the new sound, rather than the same sound they’ve had before.

> > Just remember that any feedback given here represents a very small vocal minority of the whole Halo population.
> >
> > Also remember that the builds we’ve seen/heard are nowhere near the finalized gold versions.
>
> Yes you are right, but there are threads out there that have 1k+ views and the replies have generally positive to the OP.

Deceptive though because those 1,000 views aren’t necessarily unique.

> “It still ‘feels’ like Halo!” “I promise.”
>
> I guess looks are deceiving…

everyone has different views on what makes halo “halo” however
why is it that almost everyone who went to e3 or had played the game at MLG Anaheim said the game feels like halo and is looking great? Even MLG CEO said that at first he was skeptical but now he really enjoys the new halo. He even mentioned that 343 communicated more with MLG than Bungie ever did in the past.

I think it sounds beefy. Like an anti-materiel rifle, not a simple sniper.

You could basically class it as handheld artillery. Look up NTW-20 and see if you see anything familiar.

> > > Just remember that any feedback given here represents a very small vocal minority of the whole Halo population.
> > >
> > > Also remember that the builds we’ve seen/heard are nowhere near the finalized gold versions.
> >
> > Yes you are right, but there are threads out there that have 1k+ views and the replies have generally positive to the OP.
>
> Deceptive though because those 1,000 views aren’t necessarily unique.

I’m aware that a fair number aren’t unique and I’m aware that the views and the feedback isn’t a fair representation of the general populace, but it is something. And if there was an official source for feedback and ideas we could get somewhere.

> Polls are tricky business.
>
> Let’s say they put up a poll with 4 different sound effects for the Sniper, and asked the community to vote on which they would like in the game.
>
> Sound A gets 22%
>
> Sound B gets 25%
>
> Sound C gets 38%
>
> Sound D gets 15%
>
> Because of this, Sound C would get chosen as the sound of the sniper rifle as it had the most votes. Sounds good, right? Nope. Because then they would have appeased 38% of the population, and went against 62% of the population.
>
> Another tricky thing with polls is that people tend to become very attached to their vote, and are not as open to other sounds. Thus, when the game ships, if their sound didn’t win, they’re going to constantly have it on their mind.
>
> Thus, companies choose to simply come out with a single new sound, in hopes that the community as a whole will embrace the new sound, rather than the same sound they’ve had before.

It’s all in how you word things in order to control opinions. I wouldn’t think they would say “We have a brand new poll for the Halo community to choose the sounds they want for ‘X’ weapon, make your choice!”.

I would think they would use it more like this: “It’s our great pleasure to request the Halo community to vote on the sounds they like the most for our game, so please enjoy and contribute!”. And I’d think the ideas behind it would be that they would want to try new takes on the sounds (have the sounds they’re wanting to go with but put them along side other ones that cover the other spectrum).

And for that matter, they don’t even need to make them absolute choices, they could have 10 sounds and have us rate each one in order of preference. And even then, they don’t have to pick the one we choose but go with one similar, it still keeps us involved and can aid them in development.

You don’t know if they have or haven’t listened to us because the game isn’t even finished yet. They’re still changing plenty of things. For all we know, they’re working on changing the Sniper and BR as we speak. Just give it time, and you might be surprised at what 343 does with the game.

Game developers should always be receptive to their fanbase, but they shouldn’t just do whatever we say. That’s just called pandering.

We haven’t seen anythingother than the E3 build. For all we know they’ve added each and every idea on this forum to Halo 4 (probably not, but still)

You have no idea if they’ve used our feedback yet or not. Or have you seen the finalized version of Halo 4 before 343 even has?

Unfortunately their community is also very diverse which can have positives and negatives. Positive, we get many different ideas from different demographics. Negative, it’s absolutely impossible to make everyone happy.

Don’t worry, the game is still a work in progress.

> Game developers should always be receptive to their fanbase, but they shouldn’t just do whatever we say. That’s just called pandering.

I didn’t say or mean do whatever we say, I said we should be a part of the progress in some way.

Thus far they’ve kept a tight lid on Halo 4 and all they get from us is either complaining about the changes, complaining about the complainers or some nice compliments.

I know they’re making it for us but I think we should be able to have some actual input on the matter.

The build at E3 was a work in progress: Everything in there was subject to change based on feedback and additional development time since its debut.

RTX could be the next big thing when it comes down to changes from the previous build, as well as new things they couldn’t get revealed at the time.

We’ll just need to see where they’re going with it then, and give feedback based on the information given then.

I see what you are saying OP. But the last time the fans had an impute in a Halo game we got jetpacks, armor lock, evade, drop shields, bad MM system…Halo Reach. Though I liked the game a lot, the overall community did not like it as much.

So I say the fans should shut up on this one.

> I see what you are saying OP. But the last time the fans had an impute in a Halo game we got jetpacks, armor lock, evade, drop shields, bad MM system…Halo Reach. Though I liked the game a lot, the overall community did not like it as much.
>
> So I say the fans should shut up on this one.

You’re probably right on the jet packs… I don’t know about armor lock though. Though they should kill it with fire, with gold ol’ flamey from Halo 3.

But seriously, I’m not asking for big time decisions based on what we say. It could be as insignificant as taking suggestions for colours for skins/base colours for our our armor traits.

There are probably a lot of good they could do with this just to keep the community involved and interested.