343i Why wont you listen to dedicated fans?

343i Please reply I feel I have a right to know considering I have payed for them.

I’m beyond frustrated at 343i right now as you loyal fans should be as well! Your being robbed of the items you have payed good money for! I have spent soooo much money on not just Halo 4 but all the Halos over the years. There has not been a DLC I haven’t bought. But I’m NOT GOING TO BUY ANOTHER DLC until they put these maps I have payed for into a DLC playlist or some how make it possible for me to find other players with these maps in ANY PLAYLIST.

I know a lot of you have voiced and shared several ideas that would make it much easier for us dedicated fans, who are willing to spend the money, to have a DLC playlist. And I mean ALL THE DLC maps in one playlist with sub playlists for games types such as dlc slayer, dlc ctf, dlc FFA, etc.

I literally never get to play any of the maps I downloaded unless I play the latest DLC and it’s ONLY ever the latest ones. You have these playlist like Legendary slayer that have been made to satisfy the players who say halo 4 is dumb and want to play the old ways. Why would you listen to players who are not forward thinking into the evolution of the amazing game halo 4 has become. And I know more people are into the new way Halo 4 is played because there is hardly anyone playing this playlist (legendary slayer). It’s a waste of a play list that could be used for dedicated fans who pay for DLC and want to play it.

Please if you are as frustrated or disappointed as I am please let it be known. I have made suggestions as well so it’snot like I’m complaining without giving mind to ideas I think might work. I have shared my frustration and You shouldn’t be kept from something you spent money on!

Edited by Moderator - Please refrain from making nonconstructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> You have these playlist like Legendary slayer that have been made to satisfy the players who say halo 4 is dumb and want to play the old ways. Why would you listen to players who are not forward thinking into the evolution of the amazing game halo 4 has become.

I think I’m having an aneurism.

What do you want them to do, Force players to buy the DLC? Clearly the ‘forward thinking’ version of Halo isn’t doing too well as 95% of the population have already left, leaving not enough players who have bought the DLC. I never remember this being a problem in Halo 3.

> What do you want them to do, Force players to buy the DLC? Clearly the ‘forward thinking’ version of Halo isn’t doing too well as 95% of the population have already left, leaving not enough players who have bought the DLC. I never remember this being a problem in Halo 3.

No I’m not saying make people buy the DLC.
If you READ my post you would see that I made specific suggestions!
And where are you getting this 95% from. I’ve never seen or heard that.
I halo 3 we never had the problem of playing DLC maps either. They were all collectively placed into a playlist with sub playlist if I remember correctly.

> And where are you getting this 95% from. I’ve never seen or heard that.

The H4 numbers come from here:

http://halocharts.com/2013/playlists_halo4.php

which is the peak population for H4 online based off of 343’s Waypoints numbers.

Peak population was 410,000 players online, by the end of the first week that dropped to 240,00 and by the end of the first month it was down to 100,000 people. By April 2013, it was down to about 30,000 people where it basically sits, oscillating between 25,000 to 35,000 daily, so 93% (30,000 / 410,000) of the people have abandoned H4 just like 343 abandoned us by offering DLC map packs thye won’t let you play and not fixing the basic game play issues like horrendous lag due to horrible host selection policies (that only happens in H4 - Reach and 4 other multiplayer titles Never LAG like H4 does).

Halo Reach (released 3+ years ago) still has a population in the 20,000 to 35,000 range daily and many people (like myself) have gone back to it because it doesn’t lag like crap for multiplayer.

idk about you, but I end up playing wreckage pretty dang frequently… even with the low population. It’s not great, but I can’t say that I never play the DLC. A DLC based playlist would be nice, but I’ll leave that to 343 to make the final decision on that one.

Yes, I hope after the Champions DLC population boost is over, they can add 1 or 2 playlist that requires all the DLC. Although it is true that Halo 4 has lost over 95% of its population :confused:

> You have these playlist like Legendary slayer that have been made to satisfy the players who say halo 4 is dumb and want to play the old ways. Why would you listen to players who are not forward thinking into the evolution of the amazing game halo 4 has become. And I know more people are into the new way Halo 4 is played because there is hardly anyone playing this playlist (legendary slayer). It’s a waste of a play list that could be used for dedicated fans who pay for DLC and want to play it.

You do realize that the reason Legendary Slayer wasn’t very popular was because the great majority of the fans who enjoy classic, traditional Halo have left Halo 4 forever, right? The playlist was released far too late into the game’s lifespan, it would have been foolish of anybody to think that anything could bring those players back.

> I know a lot of you have voiced and shared several ideas that would make it much easier for us dedicated fans, who are willing to spend the money, to have a DLC playlist. And I mean <mark>ALL THE DLC maps in one playlist with sub playlists for games types such as dlc slayer, dlc ctf, dlc FFA, etc.</mark>

You do know that this is impossible right? Due to the varying size in maps, each requires different team sizes (for example Skyline and Monolith would need to be 4v4 and maps such as Wreckage and Shatter would be 8v8).

Having all the DLC in the same playlist wouldn’t work, since the team sizes would have to be 8v8 to accomodate the big maps. You can’t have 8v8 on a map made specifically for 4v4 (such as Skyline). The same goes for having 4v4 on large vehicle based maps (you could, but the matches would be long and boring). This throws your theory of having ALL DLC maps in the same playlist right out of the window.

I use my main account to play Halo, and personally I come across the DLC regularly in most playlists. This is mainly due to playing with a full team who all have the DLC (which makes finding DLC matches more common). Doing this I had 6 games in a row in Action Sack where DLC maps showed in every voting slot.

> The playlist was released far too late

Just like the DMR nerf which we were asking since day one!

> > The playlist was released far too late
>
> Just like the DMR nerf which we were asking since day one!

Yes, exactly! Most of the changes that 343i implemented into Halo 4 are amazing and help improve the game, but they took way too much time to implement them. Right now, Halo 4 is almost at the state it should have been at release. If the gameplay was the way it is now, if custom game and Forge options/tools weren’t butchered, if we had matchmaking search options and if theater worked for Campaign and Spartan Ops all on November 6th, then perhaps the game wouldn’t have been such a failure.

> Having all the DLC in the same playlist wouldn’t work, since the team sizes would have to be 8v8 to accomodate the big maps. You can’t have 8v8 on a map made specifically for 4v4 (such as Skyline). The same goes for having 4v4 on large vehicle based maps (you could, but the matches would be long and boring). This throws your theory of having ALL DLC maps in the same playlist right out of the window.

That’s a fair point. However, having two playlists to suit the two team sizes should suffice. Each of them being a mixture of Objective and Slayer gametypes.

I would sink my teeth in to that.

> > What do you want them to do, Force players to buy the DLC? Clearly the ‘forward thinking’ version of Halo isn’t doing too well as 95% of the population have already left, leaving not enough players who have bought the DLC. I never remember this being a problem in Halo 3.
>
> No I’m not saying make people buy the DLC.
> If you READ my post you would see that I made specific suggestions!
> And where are you getting this 95% from. I’ve never seen or heard that.
> I halo 3 we never had the problem of playing DLC maps either. They were all collectively placed into a playlist with sub playlist if I remember correctly.

Because the DLC was required for certain playlists. There’s no way doing something like that will work for Halo 4 at this stage.

> What do you want them to do, Force players to buy the DLC? Clearly the ‘forward thinking’ version of Halo isn’t doing too well as 95% of the population have already left, leaving not enough players who have bought the DLC. I never remember this being a problem in Halo 3.

85 of every statistic is made up

> > What do you want them to do, Force players to buy the DLC? Clearly the ‘forward thinking’ version of Halo isn’t doing too well as 95% of the population have already left, leaving not enough players who have bought the DLC. I never remember this being a problem in Halo 3.
>
> 85 of every statistic is made up

In this case, however, the statistic isn’t made up, and we’ve been shown the proof.

BAH! What nonsense! You would be hard pressed to find a more loyal halo fan than me and I could not be any more pleased with halo 4. It’s basically perfect.

> > You have these playlist like Legendary slayer that have been made to satisfy the players who say halo 4 is dumb and want to play the old ways. Why would you listen to players who are not forward thinking into the evolution of the amazing game halo 4 has become. And I know more people are into the new way Halo 4 is played because there is hardly anyone playing this playlist (legendary slayer). It’s a waste of a play list that could be used for dedicated fans who pay for DLC and want to play it.
>
> You do realize that the reason Legendary Slayer wasn’t very popular was because the great majority of the fans who enjoy classic, traditional Halo have left Halo 4 forever, right? The playlist was released far too late into the game’s lifespan, it would have been foolish of anybody to think that anything could bring those players back.

You just proved my point. Get rid of it. It’s serving no purpose and can be used towards creating a playlist consisting of all DLC’s

> > I know a lot of you have voiced and shared several ideas that would make it much easier for us dedicated fans, who are willing to spend the money, to have a DLC playlist. And I mean <mark>ALL THE DLC maps in one playlist with sub playlists for games types such as dlc slayer, dlc ctf, dlc FFA, etc.</mark>
>
> You do know that this is impossible right? Due to the varying size in maps, each requires different team sizes (for example Skyline and Monolith would need to be 4v4 and maps such as Wreckage and Shatter would be 8v8).
>
> Having all the DLC in the same playlist wouldn’t work, since the team sizes would have to be 8v8 to accomodate the big maps. You can’t have 8v8 on a map made specifically for 4v4 (such as Skyline). The same goes for having 4v4 on large vehicle based maps (you could, but the matches would be long and boring). This throws your theory of having ALL DLC maps in the same playlist right out of the window.
>
> I use my main account to play Halo, and personally I come across the DLC regularly in most playlists. This is mainly due to playing with a full team who all have the DLC (which makes finding DLC matches more common). Doing this I had 6 games in a row in Action Sack where DLC maps showed in every voting slot.

I understand you can’t have the same size team for every DLC map. You didn’t read where I suggested to have DLC playlist with SUB-Playlist I guess. There can be an 8v8 sub playlist and a 4v4 playlist. Or whatever balance is needed. I’m not saying I have all the answers but I certainly made several suggestions.

> BAH! What nonsense! You would be hard pressed to find a more loyal halo fan than me and I could not be any more pleased with halo 4. It’s basically perfect.

I am a very loyal Halo fan who has spent hundreds upon hundreds of hours playing each Halo game since the release of Halo 1 in 2001, and I own every single Halo game (asides from Spartan Assault), and have read every novel several times. I loved every game, even Reach.

Halo 4, however, is far from perfect, and I couldn’t be any more disappointed with it. All the changes, while great, have come far too late into the game’s lifespan. And even despite these changes, the game still doesn’t quite live up to past iterations, nor do I feel any huge desire to play it all the time as I did for Halo 1-Reach. Keep in mind that I am not a competitive player, being more of a casual diehard Halo fan.

I’m glad that you love Halo 4 and that you see it as basically perfect, but please, do not call other people’s opinion as nonsense. We have just as much right to be displeased with the game as you do to love it.

> > > The playlist was released far too late
> >
> > Just like the DMR nerf which we were asking since day one!
>
> Yes, exactly! Most of the changes that 343i implemented into Halo 4 are amazing and help improve the game, but they took way too much time to implement them. Right now, Halo 4 is almost at the state it should have been at release. If the gameplay was the way it is now, if custom game and Forge options/tools weren’t butchered, if we had matchmaking search options and if theater worked for Campaign and Spartan Ops all on November 6th, then perhaps the game wouldn’t have been such a failure.

but I thi…

You know, that actually wraps it up perfectly. If a lot of those changes were done by release, or much sooner (why it took so long to nerf the DMR, I’ll never know) I don’t think an overall negative reaction would still be floating about. Who knows, I might’ve decided to buy the Xbox 1 and Halo 5 is everything was done with more haste. I really just didn’t feel the same work ethic put into this game like I did with the previous ones (excluding Reach because bungie just made it to get out of their contract).