343i, why the lack of specifics about the TU gametype?

> Shortly after the Title Update releases on September 21st, you will be able to download, share and play this gametype in custom games, taking advantage of the variety of options offered in the Title Update.

This bit in the weekly bulletin is not clear. Gametype is singular, but “variety of options” implies a bit more to play around with than, say, a single 85% bloom gametype. I think I speak for most Halo fans when I say I’d much more interested in testing the no bloom gametype in customs rather than 85% bloom.

Could a 343i employee provide some clarification?

I’ve asked Bs Angel about this twice already in the thread about the bulletin, yet no answer. What gives?

Edit: Well, I know the only will release one gametype, which one has yet to be confirmed (why, 343?) and the release date has also yet to be confirmed (again, why?).

As I wrote in the other thread, “shortly after” could mean anything.

I hope that they release only one for every game mode, and that when you pick ups the OS, you get the flames under your feet.

TU Slayer
TU CTF
TU KoTH
…etc.

Those should have all the custom options: Adjustable bloom, fall damage toggle, adjustable AL, melee bleedthroguh toggle… and so on.

This makes the most sense.

> I hope that they release only one for every game mode, and that when you pick ups the OS, you get the flames under your feet.
>
> TU Slayer
> TU CTF
> TU KoTH
> …etc.
>
> Those should have all the custom options: Adjustable bloom, fall damage toggle, adjustable AL, melee bleedthroguh toggle… and so on.
>
> This makes the most sense.

They are not updating the UI.

You will download the gametypes with for example, bloom toggled to 85% and it will be permanently set like that on that gametype.

Even this part wasn’t specific:

> Will 343 make a couple of custom gametypes featuring the TU changes available for download on the day the TU is released so we don’t have to wait till October to try out the changes? - SketchyBR
>
> Will we make a couple? No. Will we make one? Yes. Will it be available the day the TU is released? No. Will it be available shortly thereafter? Yes.

Why can’t we know which gametype we’re getting and why can’t we get that gametype the day the TU hits?

> I hope that they release only one for every game mode, and that when you pick ups the OS, you get the flames under your feet.
>
> TU Slayer
> TU CTF
> TU KoTH
> …etc.
>
> Those should have all the custom options: Adjustable bloom, fall damage toggle, adjustable AL, melee bleedthroguh toggle… and so on.
>
> This makes the most sense.

Or just make one gametype that has the option to change to another gametype.

Like you can choose that one gametype to become Slayer or CTF etc.

What I still don’t get is why they aren’t releasing all the gametypes right away.
They have them (because they had to have tested and played them), so it’s just a simple matter of uploading them to a fileshare…so what’s the holdup?
On a related note…if 343 knows that Firefight and Campaign matchmaking playlists need to be updated in order to support 360’s without harddrives…why don’t they make the update coincide with the TU? Bungie managed to do that with Halo 3’s second TU.

Honestly…this TU is starting to seem like a PR move rather than any actual attempt at changing the game. Almost nothing happens on the 20th, most of the features are being held back until later dates, and even the overreaching changes bound to affect most of Reach matchmaking won’t take effect until well past the Beta hopper’s closure.

Just release the TU in conjunction with a playlist update that takes advantage of the new TU (Change the campaign and Firefight playlists to support hard-drive-less 360s, release the Beta Hoppers, maybe go with Overkill’s suggestion of replacing the Classic playlist’s gametypes with the new Anniversary gametypes) and upload all the gametypes to somebody’s fileshare.

1 major reason the TU isn’t going live instantly is because 343i wants to ensure that a good majority of the population has installed the TU.

But again you ask,“why? When it goes live, not everyone who has downloaded it will be online anyways. And we can hop on here and scream how happy we are with the new changes and how everyone should hop on RIGHT NOW!!!”

Answer. Because there are more reasons than 1. Reason 2 (oh ya, went that far back).

> 1 major reason the TU isn’t going live instantly is because 343i wants to ensure that a good majority of the population has installed the TU.
>
> But again you ask,“why? When it goes live, not everyone who has downloaded it will be online anyways. And we can hop on here and scream how happy we are with the new changes and how everyone should hop on RIGHT NOW!!!”
>
> Answer. Because there are more reasons than 1. Reason 2 (oh ya, went that far back).

We’re talking about custom games here. There is no reason why we should have to wait any longer to play with the changes in customs, especially when it’s as simple as creating the gametypes and uploading them to a fileshare.

> > Shortly after the Title Update releases on September 21st, you will be able to download, share and play this gametype in custom games, taking advantage of the variety of options offered in the Title Update.
>
> This bit in the weekly bulletin is not clear. Gametype is singular, but “variety of options” implies a bit more to play around with than, say, a single 85% bloom gametype. I think I speak for most Halo fans when I say I’d much more interested in testing the no bloom gametype in customs rather than 85% bloom.
>
> Could a 343i employee provide some clarification?

My guess is they haven’t decided for sure. Usually that is why they don’t release details, because they are constantly changing the details, and don’t want to cause mass confusion, as people cant/dont read, and then rage.

I’m with you though, while 85% bloom might be cool, I am so much more interested in 0% bloom. So heres hoping they give us that one. The gametype could also include the other changes to AL, Invis, etc.

Can’t wait to test it out. Can’t wait for it to be in MM. Can’t wait to play halo the way it was meant to be played!

I was under the impression the gametype being released tomorrow was going to be TS since thats the one they used in the unveiling of Damnation. Also, I’m with 343i on limiting the TU. Last thing you want is something going wrong or making several promises you just can’t deliver.

As for the gametype, I’m looking forward to the 85% bloom. That should be enough to cut out alot of the luck factor in close range fights since more of the bloom will be on the opponent’s head.

0% bloom or nothing at all.
Let me at least have fun on customs since almost all the beta hopper will be 85%.

> 0% bloom or nothing at all.
> Let me at least have fun on customs since almost all the beta hopper will be 85%.

I know for sure I wont play until the new gametype is out but I’m guessing they’ll release the 85 percent bloom gametype, so I think you might have to wait a bit longer.

yeah today was my last day trying to enjoy reach as is.
It has totally lost its appeal until things get fixed.

> 0% bloom or nothing at all.
> Let me at least have fun on customs since almost all the beta hopper will be 85%.

Agreed.

> > 0% bloom or nothing at all.
> > Let me at least have fun on customs since almost all the beta hopper will be 85%.
>
> Agreed.

I support this. Zero bloom would be optimal settings to play under. However, i don’t mind experimenting with 85 percent bloom. It’s a helluva a lot better than standard bloom but i am more excited about the Armor Lock nerf.

Those who use crutch for support (in game of course), your days are numbered. It’s should be a block button, not a pause button.