343i Weapon Tuning Success!

Wow 343i, I am REALLY happy looking at what you guys are planning to do with Halo 4s loadout weapons! You’re pleasing everyone who wanted a balanced carbine, classic 4sk BR, and a balanced DMR! Thanks a ton for increasing the damage but removing some auto-aim from automatics, there range is a bit big in it’s current state, not to mention the kill times for them were ainy bit high (especially for the Suppressor).

Not only will this make every weapon TRULY fit it’s ranged role, but it will ALSO make all the kill times closer to classic Halo style! My hats off to you!

I have 2 concerns though, and it’d be nice if I could get a reply.

1. Will the LightRifle be overpowered being a 4sk scoped weapon with the EFFECTIVE range of the DMR?

2. I personally think the vehicles HEALTH and EMP RESISTANCE should buffed as apposed to it’s damage output.

Then again, I haven’t tried out these settings yet so I can’t complain! Thanks again!

1. They should do the opposite and reduce the DMR to the current LR range.

2. I agree that something needs to be done to make vehicles viable.

I personally think the weapon tuning will turn out very well. I was so happy to see that my favourite weapons will be getting a slight buff; such as the AR and Carbine.

Yes, I agree. Vehicles should have higher damage and EMP resistance.

> I personally think the weapon tuning will turn out very well. I was so happy to see that my favourite weapons will be getting a slight buff; such as the AR and Carbine.
>
> Yes, I agree. Vehicles should have higher damage and EMP resistance.

I think the same I think they are going the right way right now.

Idk if the 4k BR will work well or become the new DMR but worse.

> Idk if the 4k BR will work well or become the new DMR but worse.

A 4sk BR will have almost exactly the same kill time as the DMR, only slightly faster, so the DMR will still be able to compete with it especially if the DMR user gets the first shot.

My fear is actually that the Carbine will still be too slow, as I think under the new conditions the margin between the carbine and BR will actually be smaller. That is not good. The carbine needs to be faster by a larger margin in order to be viable against a 4sk BR.

> 1. They should do the opposite and reduce the DMR to the current LR range.
>
> 2. I agree that something needs to be done to make vehicles viable.

I don’t think the DMR should have a range reduction, if anything the Magnetism/Aim assist needs to be lowered. If the DMR is difficult to aim then it won’t be a huge nuisance, only players with great aim could use it effectively.

I hope we get some random gametypes in Action Sack with this new sytems. Maybe something were AR’s have the range of a DMR or the rocket launcher takes a few shots longer to kill with. Like I said random.

Way to go 343! It only took you 6 months to fix something that never would have been a problem in the first place with a beta! 2.5 thumbs up for you guys!

> Way to go 343! It only took you 6 months to fix something that never would have been a problem in the first place with a beta! 2.5 thumbs up for you guys!

In past Halos a beta changed almost nothing compared to the retail product! Act like 99% of the people would have given feedback!

double post sorry

Buffing the other guns up is a great idea, and I am so happy 343i chose to do this over the nerf everything style that WOW likes to do. Make this stronger, not weaker.

> Buffing the other guns up is a great idea, and I am so happy 343i chose to do this over the nerf everything style that WOW likes to do. Make this stronger, not weaker.

You do realize they’re making this more difficult for the players and themselves? Instead of changing one weapon, they decided to change everything else. Instead of players having to get used to one weapon behaving differently, players now need to get used to almost EVERY other weapon being different.

Assassin don’t go there.

We just got over the backlash of 343 making the game ‘too easy and casual’ don’t you start saying that it needs to be easy when they start to fix this problem

> Assassin don’t go there.
>
> We just got over the backlash of 343 making the game ‘too easy and casual’ don’t you start saying that it needs to be easy when they start to fix this problem

I didn’t say it needs to be easy for everyone. What I did say was they’re making more changes than they need to, and that means everyone playing the game needs to get used to many changes instead of 1 or 2.

The changes 343 is making to the weapons completely changes how the sandbox will work, which increases the odds of something else becoming OP or going wrong. A simple DMR magnetism/aim assist nerf would keep the sandbox intact and require DMR users to be skilled at aiming.

I’m overjoyed that we can see they’re trying their best to fix these problems, but they’re doing it wrong. The Halo community has always been more creative than the developers, my only regret is we can’t test these settings ourselves for 343 to use.

If this game had an editing kit similar to Halo PC, then we could make this the best game ever and 343 would only need to implement Community favorite changes into Matchmaking, which would give 343 more time to work on Halo 5.

I see where you’re coming from. I was under the impression that this update was simply to allow other primaries to compete with the DMR at close range, a range nerf would just stop the gun being able to perform it’s function.

(Designated-Marksman-Rifle)

I honestly think they did the right thing. If the DMR got nerfed and all the other weapons were buffed, nobody would use it. Now the BR and DMR are about equal in their specific range. (The DMR is good at any range, but they couldn’t make it only good at long range.)