343I Weapon Sandbox

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Dont be alarmed, im not here to cry nerf like all these whiny kids who just got halo 5 and are -Yoinking!- because they suck.
Instead I want to support 343 for the one thing I can definitively say they did perfectly. Weapon balancing. And what I also want to do with this forum is get people to make some noise about how the balance is truly great so 343 doesnt see this as a one-sided thought on weapon tuning.
Posts like these:

> They need to make it so you can’t Spartan charge when taking damage of any kind. It’s even worse than the old noob combo and all most as bad as armor lock.

> The smg is not suppose to be stronger than the ar. IT suppose to be weaker with more ammo but with the same ttk. Storm rifle also shouldnt a powerful as it is either.

> In my opinion grenades are way to overpowered the blast radius is pretty powerful the blast radius is to large the problem is that when someone is on the back of a mongoose they have infinite grenades so they can keep throwing them at a door way and it’s impossible to enter that area this problem needs to be addressed grenades are overpowered

> I get that you decided this game needed to be incredibly noob friendly, 343, in order to appeal to a wider audience. I get that you just decided to conform to the noob in general.
> BUT when I’m getting out gunned by some -Yoink- at mid to long range with a assault rifle, something needs to change. Make this -Yoink- not bull -Yoink-.

Need to be shut the -Yoink- up. This is ridiculous people, and i mean really diculous, if everyones “request” (i mean complaint) was heard by 343 then we would end up with a BR that dominates the battlefield, AGAIN. 343, please do us competent players a favor and ignore these kids.
So come on people, tell 343 they were right this one time.

Dont be alarmed, im not here to cry nerf like all these whiny kids who just got halo 5 and are -Yoinking!- because they suck. OP best way to describe those people lol exactly how i feel i wish they would just stop

not to mention if these people dont understand then they should play COD for like 12 minutes and then they should understand completely. COD is the most unbalanced thing out there

> 2533274884116647;3:
> not to mention if these people dont understand then they should play COD for like 12 minutes and then they should understand completely. COD is the most unbalanced thing out there

How so? Most of the weapons are pretty much identical and thus equally useful.

Unless you mean we should balance around skill input instead of every weapon being useful, in which case Halo 5 isn’t as balanced as it seems either.

I actually support some sort of tweak to further balance Spartan charge. I think a very plausible and minor change that could be implemented would be as one forum goer suggests to allow a Spartan that’s taking damage to not be able to charge. I don’t like how the game wants to reward sloppy play (rushing into a room or around a corner blindly.) Also, it’s inconsistent with other abilities. ( taking damage prevents you from scoping)

another possible change could be a tweak to the aim assist when charging, as to make it a bit more difficult to pull off because theres less “lock on”

Weapons are fine. Spartan charge needs tweaking and the grenade bounciness and radius should be slightly reduced.

Yep, if 343i got one thing right it’s this.