343i, try to care about splitscreen players

I understand that Halo 4 shouldn’t be running on the xbox 360 and that it is a miracle that it does. I also understand that splitscreen lags the game more. But the game runs fine on vanilla (except complex) and most DLC maps for splitscreen. Now to my point. Why does it seem like 343i is deliberately telling people who play splitscreen to go away and that they don’t belong here playing Halo 4? Sorry 343i, but Halo started as a “play with your buddies on your couch” kind of game and that’s how some of us die hard Halo fans still like to play. My fiancee and I live together and play Halo splitscreen all the time. A game mode that we have especially enjoyed playing together lately is Ricochet. Ricochet used to consist of 3 vanilla maps and 3 DLC maps, all 6 completely lagless on splitscreen, so why on earth did you take that away from us by making the community forge ricochet playlist? Why not just add those maps to the original playlist so that we can back out when it is a forge map? So that we don’t have to play with 12 frames per second and huge crosshair lag? I don’t even care about the 12 fps just fix the crosshair lag. If I’m pushing the analog stick a certain amount it should move that amount regardless of framerate. I don’t mean to sound selfish here, but it just seems illogical to force laggy maps on people who enjoy playing ricochet.

Dedicated servers will help.

> Dedicated servers will help.

What?

Op is talking about the frame rate lag which is the result of low fps, in this case Halo 4 runs at 30fps and when playing split screen you will notice the low fps a lot more. The frame rate will be smoother on the next Halo title since it will be running at 60fps.

Soon we’re going to get to a time where next gen consoles won’t even include splitscreen

I appreciate your frustration but it’s a limited time playlist to showcase the contest finalists.

Regular Ricochet will return shortly:

> We’ll be detailing the specifics of the 10.28 Matchmaking Update in next week’s Halo Bulletin, but can tell you now that the <mark>Community Forge Ricochet playlist will be replacing the Ricochet playlist for two weeks</mark>, as we’ll be encouraging Ricochet players and fans to weigh in on which of the six finalist community maps they’d like to see moved into the Ricochet playlist. There are no plans to add additional playlists, but this is not the extent of the update. Tune in to Wednesday’s Bulletin for more details!

> Soon we’re going to get to a time where next gen consoles won’t even include splitscreen

Its sucks too I miss the days of having friends over playing on the same TV. My friends and I used to split screen H2 and H3 on weekends for hours on end.

The vanilla maps may not lag on split screen but the majority of them are crap or overplayed. Don’t get me wrong, I feel for you but split screen users are a very small minority of the players playing. So I’m pretty much arguing that its unfair that we must play on maps like Abandon when we desperately want to play on new good maps.

> > Soon we’re going to get to a time where next gen consoles won’t even include splitscreen
>
> Its sucks too I miss the days of having friends over playing on the same TV. My friends and I used to split screen H2 and H3 on weekends for hours on end.

Is it true that we will be unable to play split screen in certain scenarios with the next-gen consoles?

I really wish 343i addresses the split-screen issues. I love Halo 4 and all, but the frame rate lag makes Halo 4 almost unbearable to play with a friend on a local TV sometimes.

> > > Soon we’re going to get to a time where next gen consoles won’t even include splitscreen
> >
> > Its sucks too I miss the days of having friends over playing on the same TV. My friends and I used to split screen H2 and H3 on weekends for hours on end.
>
> Is it true that we will be unable to play split screen in certain scenarios with the next-gen consoles?
>
> I really wish 343i addresses the split-screen issues. I love Halo 4 and all, but the frame rate lag makes Halo 4 almost unbearable to play with a friend on a local TV sometimes.

More than likely, Microsoft’s main focus is for everyone to have their own xbox rather than focus on party games. Halo is the only game that i can currently think of that allowed more than 1 guest to play with you online. But now that I think about it Im not sure how many game are left that allow Co-op 2-4 players any more.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not promote cheating or griefing.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Gears of war still allows this. Though judgement is the worst gears game ever and is garbage.

One problem i’ll have is if i’m at a friends house that has superb internet and we have 4 televisions, and 4 xbox, with 4 halo 4, but then gets horrible lag or doesn’t want to find a match let alone allow that many to play in the same house yet on different everything… Whats up with that?

Gears allowed separate everything at my friends house with no lag and could find players easily on death match, so do they want everybody to be in their own house as well. Just doesn’t seem fair to the party players from 343’s end.

If other games out there can run just fine on death matches and objectives in the same house yet with separate consoles and televisions then how come Halo 4 wont? why does it take forever or never to find players?

Since that has happened it has dissuaded my friends from playing Halo 4 and having weekend parties dedicated to grilling, drinking cold ones and playing halo 4.

Call of duty doesn’t give us that problem and neither does Gears.

And the lag with splitscreen makes sense from what i’ve been hearing because I’ve always been matched with splitscreeners and the matches lag wayyyy too much.

I wish I could’ve saved the whole match i played today 11-1-13 round the evening time in texas because I got frustrated too much with it and went on a destructive mantis rampage blowing up available vehicles at my teams base and kicking my own team around resulting in betrayals from stomping warthogs into lagging players. it was actually kinda fun in a funny troll sense. Seems Halo is turning into the Troll game for me.

My friend can only play on his account over my place when he has time, (When we hang out.) He is quite busy with work so for him to stop over for a night and play some Halo is a great time. Sadly, the SS issues make it annoying to play Halo 4. so we generally play Reach or 3.

I’d hate to see SS go away entirely as he wouldn’t be able to play with me online like we usually do.

I agree with the post above me. It would be a shame to see splitscreen go away because its one aspect bungie built halo on.

It makes me sound old LOL but i remember the days of Halo CE and Halo 2 where you could have Televisions on splitscreen connected via lan and party party party with master chief n’ friends all weekend long.

Since my friends and I have gotten older its been alot harder for us to hang out due to conflicting work schedules, some work out of state for a few months a year and some have a handful of kids to take care of while the rest have moved far away to where one of us is lucky to afford the gas to go out to see each other. Pretty much I rarely get to see my friends these days and its for good reasons; however playing Halo was something we all could enjoy and connect on xbox live.

3 months back is when the last time 4 of my friends got to together to “try” the online hybrid of a lan party (yeah i know we’re not connected lan, so thats why I call it hybrid). That day we had cold ones, sodas, hamburgers, and bratwurst… we were ready for an epic Halo day that would last all night

… … … … … only problem was… … .

… It didn’t happen…

That’s because from the example i mentioned in my last comment that it just wouldn’t allow us to have 4 separate everything and play in the same house, yet if one or two of us tried to play then it would load up a match, only problem it leaves the other friends out pretty much to spectate which isn’t much fun compared to playing with friends. If we tried 2 televisions on splitscreen then we would have matches with horrible lag. The 3 of my friends wanted to give up while I was in denial in hopes it would work. Trust me we restarted and unplugged/plugged back in everything… even taking the game in and out and to my extent cleaning the game disk.

So pretty much that night we all joined up and play a couple death matches in gears and I redboxed COD Blops to play with friends and guess what it worked fine. We didn’t have as much fun as we would Halo so alot of my friends got dissuaded and our night didn’t last that long (10pm lol). I stayed with my friend to help clean up and we were already to frustrated with Halo 4 to where we didn’t play it.

Guess what? since that night those 3 friends haven’t touched halo since then. One of them got a new job so he hardly gets on for halo just mostly netflix, the other guy stuck with Call of duty and took in Halo 4 to go towards a credit for battlefield 4 and the guy who hosted the party; he only plays skyrim now. Where am I in this group? Denial! that’s where, because like a girl with a terrible boyfriend I’m hoping Halo will change.

Halo used to be something that connected my friends where even if we were miles away could still do something fun, but now lag kills it. Also the Halo parties are no more because nobody wants to drag their televisions and consoles to somebodies house to play a game that won’t let us have fun. I’m not big fan of COD, so that separates me from my friends even more in gaming.

So 343 if you’re reading this…
All I have to say is if you decide to edit this or ban me because this might be taken as deconstructive then can you atleast explain this issue to me before doing so because I really enjoy playing Halo multiplayer, I love the Sci fi style that this game brings over any modern war generic FPS, and yet it frustrates me that lag and house halo parties flopping has driven my friends away and has me in denial of putting this game down or trading it in for something else.

Please explain it to me and let me know if you can fix this and if you can’t please explain why you can’t even if its a novel of a message because atleast maybe just maybe I can pass that info onto my friends who gave up and persuade them to come back.