343i The Halo Community wants an ODST 2!!!

Hey Waypoint!!!
After playing all the Halo games, I would have to say that
ODST was my fav game!!! The campagin, Soundtrack (BEST), Firefight, Graphics, Finding all the intel and that lonely feeling as you explored the dark city of new Mombasa.
343 Please make an ODST 2!!!

Please comment if you agree that 343 should make an ODST2!!!
Youtube Channel

Spam this thread to all your friends!!
Together we can be heard by 343

ODST 2 would be cool but a lot of people did not like the first one so its unlikely that it would happen but no one knows for sure

I would like to see more species available to play in custom gametypes, and along with that more classes of humans. ODSTs for firefight and swat would be great because let’s face it - Reach’s firefight was NOTHING compared to ODSTs. As for another ODST game… I would buy it but I don’t yearn for it.

I hope they’ll do an ODST 2 in the future.

ODST was a fantastic game with its story, characters and soundtrack. Firefight in ODST was in my opinion better than Reach’s Firefight just because it took more effort and team work other than just running and gunning.

ODST showed an entirely different side of Halo, kind of like Reach, it showed the more human and vulnerable side of being a UNSC in the Great War. I certainly hope they come out with ODST 2, or something like it, because it was an awesome and well timed change of pace from being a badass spartan super-soldier.

I don’t think there will be another, if there is, I will buy it. I won’t be disappointed either way though, if there isn’t one.

I believe that ODST was the best Halo campaign to date, with the exception of HALO CE of course. The story, the characters (firefly fan here), the level design, and it all was reinforced by an amazing game soundtrack. A second ODST would be great, the characters and voice actors were too good to just never use again. While I would love an ODST 2, I would be just as happy with a book/graphic novel about the ODST squad from the game.

You know, I remember the idea of an ODST 2 being brought up when I was hosting a Halo panel in ACen 2012 in Rosemont, IL. If only the sonuva -Yoink- sitting beside me had made copies of the “Ideas List,” I’d paste it all here.

I think ODST was easily one of those games that could have been given some free DLC; maybe a map or two for firefight, preferably one that had you fighting the flood just for kicks. ODSTs and even UNSC Marines need to have one of their own games. ODST may not have been all that extraordinary from Halo 3 itself, but it was still a good direction.

They showed Nathan Fillion (Buck) and Alan Tudyk (Mickey) in one of the most recent Halo 4 trailers. I don’t see a Halo ODST 2 happening, but I do see the characters being carried over into a book or into another game. For example: they mentioned the ODST squad in Halo: Glasslands, and if you watch the Halo 4 Campaign game play video there is someone talking on the radio who sounds alot like GSGT Buck.

I did hear that the story of Buck and his team wasn’t over yet. Good chance they’ll at least make cameos.

I think an ODST 2 could be possible, though unlikely due to mixed reception of the previous game. To improve upon Halo 3: ODST, 343i would have to make multiple changes and upgrades to it. For starters, if ODST 2 were a larger project (like Halo: Reach and Halo 4), it would require Firefight matchmaking, its own competitive multiplayer along with multiplayer maps, new weapons, and new enemies like Promethean and the Elites.

It should also make some big adjustments to the gameplay. In Halo 3: ODST, the ODSTs played far too similarly to SPARTANs; they could swing gravity hammers, detach turrets, and down enelies with just a couple of melees. While playing like a SPARTAN is the conventional Halo formula, it just isn’t realistic or immersive when playing as ODSTs, and I’m sure 343i can make you feel like an ODST while also making it seem like Halo. This can be done. Before Halo: Reach, the Elites practically played the same as SPARTANs. But now there is gameplay differences between Elite and SPARTAN models.

The same can be done for ODSTs, simply by changing their size, slowing them down, and reducing the amount of damage when they melee enemies. One of the most neglected features in Halo 3: ODST was stealth gameplay. Halo 3: ODST has may settings and themes which practically begged for stealth gameplay, yet hardly any of it was incorporated into the game. If stealth gameplay was emphasized in ODST 2, to the point were being spotted by the enemy would likely mean death, it would make the gameplay much more interesting and realistic.

One of the strongest things about Halo 3: ODST was its extravagant characters, deep themes, and rich setting. It was a much more personal ‘human’ story, and an ODST 2 should follow in its predecessors foot-steps by having another strong cast of characters, more deep themes, and another wonderfully rich setting. One of the things that exemplifies this is Halo 3: ODST’s hub-world New Mombasa streets, the place where the player would roam around and activate the game’s missions. It was dark, lonely, and interesting experience. ODST 2 should have its own version of a hub-world for the player to explore.

I’d also be delighted to see the Audio logs (Sadie’s story) return, because they gave us so much back story about the city, the people who lived in it, and the game’s main storyline. They shouldn’t be text-based or CGI, but actual audio logs similar to a radio drama. The cast, the audio logs, the story, the themes, and world were what fufilled Halo 3: ODST’s film noir so rich and rewarding. And as such, I think they should all return in some form in ODST 2 and be maximized to their full potential. I doubt an ODST 2 will ever be made, but these are some of the things I would want to be in it.

> They showed Nathan Fillion (Buck) and Alan Tudyk (Mickey) in one of the most recent Halo 4 trailers. I don’t see a Halo ODST 2 happening, but I do see the characters being carried over into a book or into another game. For example: they mentioned the ODST squad in Halo: Glasslands, and if you watch the Halo 4 Campaign game play video there is someone talking on the radio who sounds alot like GSGT Buck.

You protect Buck’s squad in the flying mission on Reach. You know, the one with the disco club and the Reflection map?

Veteran ODSTs will become Spartan-IVs, so there is good chance we may see some characters from ODST in Halo 4.

I’d like to see a second ODST game, but I’d like to see it focused through the Rookies eyes more. Perhaps during training, aboard the ship and then getting ready to drop. With a nice storyline with it as well. What was forgotten in the first game was that even though the Rookie was ‘much more human’ than chief, it still had the super soldier quality to the game that made it boring and not unique to Halo.

It would be sweet if ODST had a multiplayer of its own, like actually playing as one, spawn with a silenced SMG and magnum and play like good old halo with weapons around the map.

> Veteran ODSTs will become Spartan-IVs, so there is good chance we may see some characters from ODST in Halo 4.

hmmm never thought of that… you may be right

I loved ODST, I think it was a nice departure from standard Halo gameplay, but still close enough to be considered a true Halo game. That being said, I wouldn’t want to see a sequel. I’d rather see a new property, with new characters, new story, new enviornments. etc.

It’d be good to play another ODST team launching from the same ship, some of the ODST’s that teleported with the Carrier. You could have In Amber Clad pick them up via Pelican in space then you follow the Delta Halo storyline via a new perspective.

That could be awesome, you would eventually die of course but it would be awesome.

They should really make another one. The first one rocked! It was really nice not having to be a super soldier and be a normal Spec Op.