343i, thank you for trying to connect H:R and TFoR, and showing us Reach's fall.

You know, after watching the “BTS: The Defiant Map Pack” video, I have greater respect for 343i than ever before. And here’s the reason why:

They are trying to connect the book to the game, and they are showing us what we all wanted to see: the Fall of Reach!

I think that’s what a lot of us wanted. Bungie failed to show us the entirety-the scope, if you will- of Reach’s fall. The devastation, the sense of loss, the hopelessness. I got that feeling more out of this single map pack than I ever did out of the Reach Campaign. And when they started talking about the crashed Pelican with the Spartan IIs on Highlands, I started nodding my head. Good nod to the books, 343i.

So, thank you 343i, for trying to do the right thing. If only you wrote the Campaign. :’(

If only they wrote the campaign.

> If only they wrote the campaign.

Hey, TheGreenAlloy! When did you cross over into Halo Waypoint?

> > If only they wrote the campaign.
>
> Hey, TheGreenAlloy! When did you cross over into Halo Waypoint?

Hola! I’ve been here ever since I found out about it, which was a while back :wink:

Glad to see more people gaining faith in 343. I’ve seen alot of hate for 343 from Bungie people, and alot of hate towards Bungie from 343 people. Not employees or anything, but fans.

I have nothing against Bungie but this: Their time was up, and they didn’t take care of their fans the way they should have because to them Halo has lost it’s luster. 343 is a group of people brought together because they love Halo unconditionally, they know it’s glory and are dedicated to treating it right. They’re not interested in churning out a game for a quick buck, they’re interested in churning out an amazing Halo experience because they’re dedicated fans like us.

> Glad to see more people gaining faith in 343. I’ve seen alot of hate for 343 from Bungie people, and alot of hate towards Bungie from 343 people. Not employees or anything, but fans.
>
> I have nothing against Bungie but this: Their time was up, and they didn’t take care of their fans the way they should have because to them Halo has lost it’s luster. 343 is a group of people brought together because they love Halo unconditionally, they know it’s glory and are dedicated to treating it right. They’re not interested in churning out a game for a quick buck, they’re interested in churning out an amazing Halo experience because they’re dedicated fans like us.

Yeah.

> Glad to see more people gaining faith in 343. I’ve seen alot of hate for 343 from Bungie people, and alot of hate towards Bungie from 343 people. Not employees or anything, but fans.
>
> I have nothing against Bungie but this: Their time was up, and they didn’t take care of their fans the way they should have because to them Halo has lost it’s luster. 343 is a group of people brought together because they love Halo unconditionally, they know it’s glory and are dedicated to treating it right. They’re not interested in churning out a game for a quick buck, they’re interested in churning out an amazing Halo experience because they’re dedicated fans like us.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I actually agree with you completely SirPwn4g3.

I’ve had faith that 343i would take good care of the series, but doubters needed to be shown game-wise, not just book wise(although those are fantastic and add a lot to the lore). 343i will shut up the doubters.

In 343i we trust.

> > Glad to see more people gaining faith in 343. I’ve seen alot of hate for 343 from Bungie people, and alot of hate towards Bungie from 343 people. Not employees or anything, but fans.
> >
> > I have nothing against Bungie but this: Their time was up, and they didn’t take care of their fans the way they should have because to them Halo has lost it’s luster. 343 is a group of people brought together because they love Halo unconditionally, they know it’s glory and are dedicated to treating it right. They’re not interested in churning out a game for a quick buck, they’re interested in churning out an amazing Halo experience because they’re dedicated fans like us.
>
> I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I actually agree with you completely SirPwn4g3.
>
> I’ve had faith that 343i would take good care of the series, but doubters needed to be shown game-wise, not just book wise(although those are fantastic and add a lot to the lore). 343i will shut up the doubters.
>
> In 343i we trust.

People who love something as much as Halo will always find something to agree on and something to fight about. Even with your silly Armor Lock ideas I knew you were a good fan with a good head. Just ya know, try ground pounding some more :stuck_out_tongue:

> > > Glad to see more people gaining faith in 343. I’ve seen alot of hate for 343 from Bungie people, and alot of hate towards Bungie from 343 people. Not employees or anything, but fans.
> > >
> > > I have nothing against Bungie but this: Their time was up, and they didn’t take care of their fans the way they should have because to them Halo has lost it’s luster. 343 is a group of people brought together because they love Halo unconditionally, they know it’s glory and are dedicated to treating it right. They’re not interested in churning out a game for a quick buck, they’re interested in churning out an amazing Halo experience because they’re dedicated fans like us.
> >
> > I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I actually agree with you completely SirPwn4g3.
> >
> > I’ve had faith that 343i would take good care of the series, but doubters needed to be shown game-wise, not just book wise(although those are fantastic and add a lot to the lore). 343i will shut up the doubters.
> >
> > In 343i we trust.
>
> People who love something as much as Halo will always find something to agree on and something to fight about. Even with your silly Armor Lock ideas I knew you were a good fan with a good head. Just ya know, try ground pounding some more :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks, and I have tried “ground” pounding. It didn’t feel good and it’s never good to be on the receiving end. We’ll just have to agree to disagree about AL.

I totally agree, man.

Agreed [:)]

I would have loved a Book styled Reach Story. I’ll Admit Noble Team was a nice addition to the canon as well.

Perhaps to make the game last longer than one day, it would of included Jerhico IV and when the Installation 04 survivors came back to Reach. Perhaps Noble Team could have still made an appearance, and it simply wasn’t recorded by the Chief.

> If only they wrote the campaign.

True dat.

Agreed, 343 seems to have both heart and mind in the right places, and knows what make great games and what does not :slight_smile:
I can’t wait to see their next Halo FPS, without doubt it will be aeons better then Reach and closer to both cannon and the original games (fun, creative, even balanced?)

> Agreed, 343 seems to have both heart and mind in the right places, and knows what make great games and what does not :slight_smile:
> I can’t wait to see their next Halo FPS, without doubt it will be aeons better then Reach and closer to both cannon and the original games (fun, creative, even balanced?)

Gosh, I hope so. 343i is our last hope, but I believe that they will get the job done.

> Glad to see more people gaining faith in 343. I’ve seen alot of hate for 343 from Bungie people, and alot of hate towards Bungie from 343 people. Not employees or anything, but fans.
>
> I have nothing against Bungie but this: Their time was up, and they didn’t take care of their fans the way they should have because to them Halo has lost it’s luster. 343 is a group of people brought together because they love Halo unconditionally, they know it’s glory and are dedicated to treating it right. They’re not interested in churning out a game for a quick buck, they’re interested in churning out an amazing Halo experience because they’re dedicated fans like us.

Now I agree with you at a level but, I really don’t believe Bungie made Reach just a quick buck. I agree that they should be done with Halo I think they need to expand in to other great things. Through out the course of Reach post-launch bungie has had many updated playlists, new stuff, etc. but, the Reach support team is limited since they are really working hard to create their new project. I really don’t blame them for that and I think people take a little for granted but, I can see that Bungie was not as quick as they used to be about problems as they used to be hence the limited number of the Reach support team.

They put there blood, sweat and tears into Halo Reach and I will never discredit them for that.

When you say that in Sarge’s voice, I betchya a bunch of Marines yell “Hoo-RAH!” in your head at the end.

> > Glad to see more people gaining faith in 343. I’ve seen alot of hate for 343 from Bungie people, and alot of hate towards Bungie from 343 people. Not employees or anything, but fans.
> >
> > I have nothing against Bungie but this: Their time was up, and they didn’t take care of their fans the way they should have because to them Halo has lost it’s luster. 343 is a group of people brought together because they love Halo unconditionally, they know it’s glory and are dedicated to treating it right. They’re not interested in churning out a game for a quick buck, they’re interested in churning out an amazing Halo experience because they’re dedicated fans like us.
>
> Now I agree with you at a level but, I really don’t believe Bungie made Reach just a quick buck. I agree that they should be done with Halo I think they need to expand in to other great things. Through out the course of Reach post-launch bungie has had many updated playlists, new stuff, etc. but, the Reach support team is limited since they are really working hard to create their new project. I really don’t blame them for that and I think people take a little for granted but, I can see that Bungie was not as quick as they used to be about problems as they used to be hence the limited number of the Reach support team.
>
> They put there blood, sweat and tears into Halo Reach and I will never discredit them for that.

I kind of disagree with you about putting “blood, sweat, and tears” into Reach. I loathe the Campaign (retcons and all) and they drastically changed the Halo formula, but there’s to it than that more than that:

They were lazy with map design, they removed certain Custom Game options (seriously, why would you remove Alpha Zombie and VIP?), ruined Infection, Invasion Slayer is a horribly unbalanced mess, Invasion Skirmish is just as bad, nerfed the vehicles into the ground (mostly the Warthog), a bad melee system, ARMOR LOCK, etc.

I can go on and on. Bungie wanted to be done with Halo, we all know this. They knew 343i would take over soon enough, so they left it up to them to fix what they messed up.

I respect Bungie for creating Halo. I respect them for what they did with the Halo: Universe up until Halo: Reach. But I can never smile and say, “this is everything Halo should have been; it’s the ‘Swan Song’ you promised us” when they made Reach. I just can’t.

Now that was a great Truth impression.

> Now that was a great Truth impression.

If you are calling me a liar, I am deeply offended, sir. Even if you disagree with my views on Campaign(and I know you do), a lot of the stuff I said was true.