343i supports boosting

So I remember a few years ago, I decided to make a new gamer tag to test how far I could go in Halo 3, having improved (still only to a 44 in TS). I was a bit annoyed that I had to get all my achievements again (a triple kill with sword/laser double kill were so hard and took forever to get the first time) and so naturally I headed over to se7ensins forums and got a couple of boosting partners.

Now, back in the day, you had to work to boost a ranked playlist. We all set our language to “the second form the bottom” – some kind of Chinese I think (don’t kill me, I only speak Japanese!) – and then searched by network and all that good stuff. It was actually fun and I made a lot of friends doing stuff like that and it was hilarious trying to figure out how to set my Xbox back to English.

Anyway, nostalgia aside, I am annoyed at 343i because it seems very hypocritical to me that “boosting” to create level 50s to sell was their primary reason stated in getting rid of a 1-50 ranking system. This was my favorite part and the part that I think Halo 2 and 3 absolutely nailed. And now, it is EASIER to boost (just get two people and 4 guests in Regicide) since you can fill up lobbies with your party. There is also just as much incentive to boost because you can get that cool green visor for 3 games of splattering in Valhalla CTF rather than playing BTB endlessly.

TL;DR; You took away ranked playlists to stop boosting and then made it easier to boost. Bunch of lying hypocrites. At least fix customs.

Why ruin an intelligent sounding post with that rubbish at the end?

Thanks, you’re right and I edited. I got carried away in my frustration. Thanks for the post! :smiley:

> So I remember a few years ago, I decided to make a new gamer tag to test how far I could go in Halo 3, having improved (still only to a 44 in TS). I was a bit annoyed that I had to get all my achievements again (a triple kill with sword/laser double kill were so hard and took forever to get the first time) and so naturally I headed over to se7ensins forums and got a couple of boosting partners.
>
> Now, back in the day, you had to work to boost a ranked playlist. We all set our language to “the second form the bottom” – some kind of Chinese I think (don’t kill me, I only speak Japanese!) – and then searched by network and all that good stuff. It was actually fun and I made a lot of friends doing stuff like that and it was hilarious trying to figure out how to set my Xbox back to English.
>
> Anyway, nostalgia aside, I am annoyed at 343i because it seems very hypocritical to me that “boosting” to create level 50s to sell was their primary reason stated in getting rid of a 1-50 ranking system. This was my favorite part and the part that I think Halo 2 and 3 absolutely nailed. And now, it is EASIER to boost (just get two people and 4 guests in Regicide) since you can fill up lobbies with your party. There is also just as much incentive to boost because you can get that cool green visor for 3 games of splattering in Valhalla CTF rather than playing BTB endlessly.
>
> TL;DR; You took away ranked playlists to stop boosting and then made it easier to boost. Bunch of lying hypocrites. At least fix customs.
>
> Also, bolt-shot is only OP if you are dumb and run into it. Stop being such a bad kid and realize that everyone gets the same option to use it and it’s not that hard to use correctly; i.e. to kill BKs that chase.

In the end the only people who are really “hurt” by boosters is themselves, they make themselves look better than they are and then get accordingly crapped on.

They don’t harm other players. Any harm other players recieved is only because of a player’s lack of self confidence and accordingly feeling bad that they aren’t “ranked as high” which is absoutlely pathetic if you ask me.

Who cares if they have a green visor that you may not posses? Put a bullet in it and see if it looks so pretty then.

TL:DR/ 343i doesn’t support boosting, they simply don’t care because it really isn’t that important of an issue in the big picture. Noone is affected besides butt hurt little 12 year olds who haven’t recieved their own dose of self-confidence yet.

Let boosters boost, it doesn’t hurt you… it will only hurt them when they get wrecked.

> So I remember a few years ago, I decided to make a new gamer tag to test how far I could go in Halo 3, having improved (still only to a 44 in TS). I was a bit annoyed that I had to get all my achievements again (a triple kill with sword/laser double kill were so hard and took forever to get the first time) and so naturally I headed over to se7ensins forums and got a couple of boosting partners.
>
> That was a hella hard to get those.
>
> Now, back in the day, you had to work to boost a ranked playlist. We all set our language to “the second form the bottom” – some kind of Chinese I think (don’t kill me, I only speak Japanese!) – and then searched by network and all that good stuff. It was actually fun and I made a lot of friends doing stuff like that and it was hilarious trying to figure out how to set my Xbox back to English.
>
> Lol I never knew what language it was but it had boxes and sticks so it’s one of those. The good old days.
>
> Anyway, nostalgia aside, I am annoyed at 343i because it seems very hypocritical to me that “boosting” to create level 50s to sell was their primary reason stated in getting rid of a 1-50 ranking system. This was my favorite part and the part that I think Halo 2 and 3 absolutely nailed. And now, it is EASIER to boost (just get two people and 4 guests in Regicide) since you can fill up lobbies with your party. There is also just as much incentive to boost because you can get that cool green visor for 3 games of splattering in Valhalla CTF rather than playing BTB endlessly.
>
> Boosting levels has never been hard to do. Boosted in Halo 3 for the achievements and levels. Boosted in Reach for levels and commendations and now Boosting in Halo 4 for the same thing. Bungie’s ban-hammer appears from the onset to be much smarter at the moment to 343’s systems. I have boosted Halo 4 into the ground not hiding my tracks and they are yet to even get close to me.
>
> TL;DR; You took away ranked playlists to stop boosting and then made it easier to boost. Bunch of lying hypocrites. At least fix customs.
>
> Lol the day they fix the game it’ll be too late.

You have one fine post there my friend.

Also I agree with you about the boltshot it is far from OP. People just don’t know how to play smart and not directly chase. Even so I doubt even a healthy percentage of their deaths is actually from the boltshot. The whining about it is totally unfounded if you ask the complainers to post their total deaths and deaths from boltshot and take percentages.

People are just mad they can’t play stupid any more which is actually a good thing if you ask me.

343 is not to blame in any of this. They have bigger fish to fry than boosters. AND on top of that boltshot whining is statistically and “gameplay”-wise unfounded.

Please read the “Official Ban Thread.”

There you will see all of the Regicide boosters that get banned for boosting.

I recommend that you don’t try it since you will most likely get caught.

I don’t think they support boosting. The title of the post was sarcastic and the point was that I am frustrated they got rid of my favorite feature for a scapegoat of a reason.

Then there are the Crimson achievement boosters (using nades to trigger achievements). Hell, I boosted several achievements without even trying lol. Nades seem to trigger all sorts of achievements by accident. ODST sounds so freaking hard and then you get it by chucking a grenade at some random dude and CHA-CHING!

> Please read the “Official Ban Thread.”
>
> There you will see all of the Regicide boosters that get banned for boosting.
>
> I recommend that you don’t try it since you will most likely get caught.

You will not get caught. If you don’t know how to boost, it is really easy. Getting venator only takes a couple of games and the green helm is just as easy on CTF Valhalla.

> Please read the “Official Ban Thread.”
>
> There you will see all of the Regicide boosters that get banned for boosting.
>
> I recommend that you don’t try it since you will most likely get caught.

the reason why most of them get caught is because they don’t know what the limitations are on the systems capabilities of picking up anomalies. I guarantee you they probably left their guests on either 0 kills 3 times in a row or would go in and get 30 assassinations per game in a row.

I have done 40 to 50 a game since launch and they are yet to ban me.

Really the only way you get caught is to not know what you’re doing (i.e. don’t let each guest get at least 1 kill to avoid auto-detection) or posting about it on the forums. As far as that second option, I only get on when friends IRL text me to play so bans don’t really bother me. I’ve been banned for afking/quitting (of boredom) more times than I can count and I can tell you it really is no big deal.

> > I have done 40 to 50 a game since launch and they are yet to ban me.
>
> Amen!

> Really the only way you get caught is to not know what you’re doing (i.e. don’t let each guest get at least 1 kill to avoid auto-detection) or posting about it on the forums. As far as that second option, I only get on when friends IRL text me to play so bans don’t really bother me. I’ve been banned for afking/quitting (of boredom) more times than I can count and I can tell you it really is no big deal.

LOL yeah. I did Reach with 0 guest kills for months until they said no more. Then I got them 1 each game and continued on LOL. They will never get on top of this and providing we boost in our own games and randoms don’t join, we should be allowed to do it.

And that green visor is yummy and so is venator.

> > Really the only way you get caught is to not know what you’re doing (i.e. don’t let each guest get at least 1 kill to avoid auto-detection) or posting about it on the forums. As far as that second option, I only get on when friends IRL text me to play so bans don’t really bother me. I’ve been banned for afking/quitting (of boredom) more times than I can count and I can tell you it really is no big deal.
>
> LOL yeah. I did Reach with 0 guest kills for months until they said no more. Then I got them 1 each game and continued on LOL. They will never get on top of this and providing we boost in our own games and randoms don’t join, we should be allowed to do it.
>
> And that green visor is yummy and so is venator.

Indeed it is… To think people work so hard for it… Beyond me lol :stuck_out_tongue: