343i stick to classic forerunner design

Here was the original concept art for forerunner structures, 343i you almost got it right. Obviously you cannot use the exact design from Halo 3 because graphically we are much more advanced now. I think if they combine the texture with the new forerunner design in the trailer, with the concept arts structure that would be a awesome mix!

I really like the direction 343 is going right now with the art style. We mostly got a look at Chief and the interior of a pelican, but the change in direction there bodes well for the rest of the game. The thing I loved about the older art style’s rendition of Forerunner structures was that, while they were ornate and fancy, they also felt ancient. The structures appeared timeless while simultaneously being eroded by time. The problem for me with the new art style’s rendition of Forerunner structures (H5 in particular), was that all the structures looked like they were built just yesterday, or at least some Forerunner janitors had just stopped by and gave the place a good polish.

I also hope 343 pulls back a bit on all the blue hues. It’s fine to have a designated color scheme to differentiate different cultures within a game, but the over-emphasis on blue gets really boring after a while. In the classic trilogy, there was a mix of blues, yellows, and some red, with a bit of gray and silver mixed in. The almost entirely blue/silver color scheme for the Forerunner structures in H5 (to be fair, the enemy units had some yellow) needs a little variety added in imo.

> 2535435902217648;2:
> I really like the direction 343 is going right now with the art style. We mostly got a look at Chief and the interior of a pelican, but the change in direction there bodes well for the rest of the game. The thing I loved about the older art style’s rendition of Forerunner structures was that, while they were ornate and fancy, they also felt ancient. The structures appeared timeless while simultaneously being eroded by time. The problem for me with the new art style’s rendition of Forerunner structures (H5 in particular), was that all the structures looked like they were built just yesterday, or at least some Forerunner janitors had just stopped by and gave the place a good polish.
>
> I also hope 343 pulls back a bit on all the blue hues. It’s fine to have a designated color scheme to differentiate different cultures within a game, but the over-emphasis on blue gets really boring after a while. In the classic trilogy, there was a mix of blues, yellows, and some red, with a bit of gray and silver mixed in. The almost entirely blue/silver color scheme for the Forerunner structures in H5 (to be fair, the enemy units had some yellow) needs a little variety added in imo.

Yeah, the Forerunner structures need more age, more mystery, and more color. What I’m hoping is that based on the concept linked above is that the blue light is washing out some of the other colors. The art looks good, the Chief looks awesome. I hope they drop Cortana’s silly armor and makes her look more like the Cortana we’ve seen in every other game. Halo 4 kinda did too much on her -Yoink!-, but Halo 2A she looks good. Halo 3 she looks good. Something more like that would be a refreshing replacement for the look she had in Halo 5.

> 2533274842309062;3:
> > 2535435902217648;2:
> > I really like the direction 343 is going right now with the art style. We mostly got a look at Chief and the interior of a pelican, but the change in direction there bodes well for the rest of the game. The thing I loved about the older art style’s rendition of Forerunner structures was that, while they were ornate and fancy, they also felt ancient. The structures appeared timeless while simultaneously being eroded by time. The problem for me with the new art style’s rendition of Forerunner structures (H5 in particular), was that all the structures looked like they were built just yesterday, or at least some Forerunner janitors had just stopped by and gave the place a good polish.
> >
> > I also hope 343 pulls back a bit on all the blue hues. It’s fine to have a designated color scheme to differentiate different cultures within a game, but the over-emphasis on blue gets really boring after a while. In the classic trilogy, there was a mix of blues, yellows, and some red, with a bit of gray and silver mixed in. The almost entirely blue/silver color scheme for the Forerunner structures in H5 (to be fair, the enemy units had some yellow) needs a little variety added in imo.
>
> Yeah, the Forerunner structures need more age, more mystery, and more color. What I’m hoping is that based on the concept linked above is that the blue light is washing out some of the other colors. The art looks good, the Chief looks awesome. I hope they drop Cortana’s silly armor and makes her look more like the Cortana we’ve seen in every other game. Halo 4 kinda did too much on her -Yoink!-, but Halo 2A she looks good. Halo 3 she looks good. Something more like that would be a refreshing replacement for the look she had in Halo 5.

Yes please go back to the H2A Cortana. That felt like the sweet spot in terms of her design imo, and it’s my favorite representation of her so far. The H4 one almost seemed younger, which didn’t make sense to me. She appeared older in H5, which made sense, but her “armor” came completely out of no where. Her representation was rendered in hard light, so any appearance of armor felt off to me and unnecessary.